Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 5

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 5

lakshmi_maruthi

Goldie

lakshmi_maruthi

Posted: 28 October 2004 at 10:31am | IP Logged
ok I think I have read enough on this matter. I think we sit here and keep this discussion going on for ages like this but that is not what we want to do, do we?  So, lets all refrain from using such words to which other feel offended and lets not start off as Armaan fans and Purab fans... please ...Armaans and Purabs will come and go with every new serial but we all want to be here to discuss the Armaans and Purab's of tomorrow also... So please let's make that effort... I am sure we all can survive this.. Wink

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Language on the forum.... (Page 5)" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

surnita

Goldie

surnita

Posted: 28 October 2004 at 10:46am | IP Logged
Cool Lakshami.

pujas

pujas

Posted: 28 October 2004 at 10:51am | IP Logged
I totally Agree with Lakshmi!!

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 28 October 2004 at 11:09am | IP Logged
Agree with Lakshmi.

lovely

IF-Dazzler

lovely

Posted: 28 October 2004 at 11:11am | IP Logged
well said Laksmi

ides

IF-Dazzler

ides

Posted: 28 October 2004 at 11:12am | IP Logged
right on LaksClap

Minnie

IF-Veteran Member

Minnie

Posted: 28 October 2004 at 11:38am | IP Logged

That's so true Lakshmi.

someone has raised a slight objection in a pm to me to the use of the phrase 'goody shoes' for purab.I feel the need to clarify.It's not an abusive phrase or even a slang.It comes from the title of a rather cute and moralistic nursery tale called The History of Goody Two-Shoes, which is thought to have been written by Oliver Goldsmith, and which was published in 1765 by John Newbery, one of the earliest London publishers of children's stories. Goody owned only one shoe. When she was given a pair of them, she was so pleased that she showed them to everybody, saying "Two shoes". The phrase now refers to a self-righteous, smugly virtuous person which some of us have come to associate Purab with.

I think calling someone blue,purple,yellow,arrogant,snobish evil,etc doesn't really matter.It rather adds spice.As long as it's not abusive and offending and pertain to 'good English and hindi lang usage,it should be fine.In fact,entertaining!!!!!!!!!Thumbs Up

So please keep ticking your braincells and happy foruming!!

surnita

Goldie

surnita

Posted: 28 October 2004 at 11:48am | IP Logged
Minnie thats so funny!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top