Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 3:07am | IP Logged

AASMAAN SE AAGE TV review: New genre but old story

AASMAAN SE AAGE TV review: New genre but old story

Life Ok's Aasmaan Se Aage deals with reality shows and the price one pays for fame

Aasmaan Se Aage highlights the life behind any reality TV show, its politics and the rat race for TRPs. The protagonist Meenakshi (Ojaswi Oberoi) hails from the slums, and aspires to make it big by winning a dance reality show. But little does she know that besides the difficulties in the show and its format, she'd have to go through emotional crises too.

The antagonist Karishma (Monica Khanna) wants to get rid of Meenakshi and she'll do almost anything to achieve that. After all, plotting and scheming comes very naturally to her. Angad (Aham Sharma) and Akshat (Siddhant Karnick) are brothers. While Angad is a lot more stable and mature, Akshat is juvenile, aggressive and impulsive. Allen (Kushal Punjabi) is the choreographer assigned to Meenakshi, and he harbours a secret love for her. Dev Chopra (Apurva Agnihotri) plays a grey character who has a soft corner for Meenakshi because of her innocence, but is also the reason behind her troubles.

Aasmaan Se Aage, like many other shows, has a Goody Two Shoes protagonist who is ready to bear all the atrocities, a negative character who loves being bitchy, and a loverboy who always first falls for the wrong girl and changes his colours almost overnight. But among all the typical things, what we found interesting was Apurva's grey character as DC. The actor was last seen in Star Plus' Bidaai in 2010. After two years, he has come back to do a very interesting role. Needless to say, he does complete justice to his character.

The show started in April, but Ojaswi has already had a makeover, an almost wardrobe malfunction, a MMS leak and a new lover. She's not the ugly duckling anymore, but is she any good? She neither invokes your curiosity nor pity. Siddhant and Aham share great chemistry as brothers. Monica flits between being good and bitchy with ease, but her over-the-top makeup is a big puzzle. The other actors in the show are primarily good dancers but you cannot say the same about their acting skills.

Other actors like Mouli Ganguly, Maninee De, Mihr Mishra, Rajesh Khera, Mansi Sandhya and Pulkit Sharma have small roles to play.

Aasmaan Se Aage feels very redundant and run of the mill despite having a novel idea. But with  fabulous dance performances and the concept of 'behind the scenes' of a reality show, it  brings a fresh genre to television. We've often seen it in Madhur Bhandarkar  movies, but bringing it to television seems like a breath of fresh air among all the saas-bahu serials.

The show began at a low phase, but has picked up in the two months since its launch. However, to keep the interest of viewers, Aasmaan… needs to be more innovative in terms of the protagonist, and do away with redundancy. The love angle seems hackneyed and at times very unreal. Some characters do nothing to elevate the standard of the show. Nevertheless, Aasmaan Se Aage looks stylish and for once the dance seems real, which adds to the X-factor of the show. It has the potential to be something good provided they don't get stereotypical.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

sami01saveeta24poo_ssecretkeeperasdpsanmolApoorvaFanKhatamKahanisoni595chand1234shanti05-MamuKiBhanji-Shru77

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Bollywoodlife- ASA-New genre Old Story" in Aasman Se Aage forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-MamuKiBhanji-

IF-Stunnerz

-MamuKiBhanji-

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 3:36am | IP Logged
Very rightly said-
Esp.this lines :

Siddhant and Aham share great chemistry as brothers- Absolutely,I can watch this 2's scenes repetitively rather than watching the show show / other scenes.

Apurva's grey character as DC,he does complete justice to his character.- Of-course, he's good actor & he had to do his bit well.No doubt on that.

But I guess the author that problem with the show pace or she didn't understand it at all? :S
The impulsive person  "trying to understand others" didn't happen overnight,If it did,it had those moments which can bring changes to a person.
The love story 's pace is fast but the situations were rightly portrayed so I have no complain,Besides both the actors going a good job,esp in last two epis.

Thanks for posting the article anyway.

Edited by piya2025 - 29 May 2012 at 3:36am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nikki_Titli

asdpsanmol

IF-Rockerz

asdpsanmol

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 5:03am | IP Logged
But among all the typical things, what we found interesting was Apurva's grey character as DC. The actor was last seen in Star Plus' Bidaai in 2010. After two years, he has come back to do a very interesting role. Needless to say, he does complete justice to his character.

Needless to say I watch Aasmaan se Aage for this one very interesting character 'DC' and Apurva has always done complete justice to his roles since his first one on television in 2003. Apurva do continue doing complete justice to the screen time alloted to you and I shall do my work of watching you perform again and again.Heart
Everybody does not fail to mention Apu's last role was in Bidaai Wink, hope to see Anmol someday my everlasting wish.Day Dreaming
Thanks for the article , love to read my fav actor in tellyworld being praised everywhere.Clap. Makes me double proud of this wonderful actor.Party

IT is not two months since its launch it is a little over  a month, ASA started airing from 23rd april. I agree Angad and Akshat share great chemistry and the love story looks unreal because it is set in the world of reality television , only time will tell whether it is real or not. I too feel nothing for Meenaxi unless she stops crying for once and shows some spirit.
I wish Mansi Sharma as Sandhya has more scope she shares interesting scenes with DC and I hope to see more of the judges Sanam and Mahua, two good actors have no scope outside the maha episodes aired Confused. Too much focus on the dancers makes this show boring sometimes.Ouch

Edited by rekha03 - 29 May 2012 at 5:30am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

saveeta24ApoorvaFanSofnashanti05

poo_s

IF-Dazzler

poo_s

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 7:28am | IP Logged
But among all the typical things, what we found interesting was Apurva's grey character as DC. The actor was last seen in Star Plus' Bidaai in 2010. After two years, he has come back to do a very interesting role. Needless to say, he does complete justice to his character.

dont want to say anything more Thumbs UpClap
love u apu...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

saveeta24asdpsanmolshanti05

poo_s

IF-Dazzler

poo_s

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 7:31am | IP Logged
sorry but forgot thanks for the articleTongue

narangi314

IF-Dazzler

narangi314

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 8:22am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing!

The article seems a little confused...it's novel but it's run of the mill????...Confused Confused 

even these reviews are getting hackneyed...LOL

shanti05

ApoorvaFan

IF-Veteran Member

ApoorvaFan

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 9:16am | IP Logged
Thank you Tanu...

One more reviewer praising Apu... He deserves all praises. He is performing in the most realistic role in this show in a very outstanding way...

Rest of the article... I agree with some of the things like the love story is too fast... that could be attributed to the reality TV setting. Also I do not feel much about cry baby.. unless she bucks up.

Angad-Akshat chemistry - Yes I liked it.

Akshat - Meenakshi love story - I do not look from a love story angle. If i want to watch a Prince Charming and Cinderalla love story, I have n number of options on today's TV. I need not hook to this show. I look at this love story from a reality TV prespective.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

asdpsanmolshanti05

shanti05

IF-Stunnerz

shanti05

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 10:10am | IP Logged
Thanks Tanu for the article.

Loved the lines on Apurva , Bidaaii as Anmol he was fantastic. One character after the other he plays so well, He is the first timer for all his character never played before ones by anyone and he rules that..ClapClap
About DC what can I say I watch ASA only primarily for him Big smile and ofcourse how it dwells in the storyline with other characters...

According to me DC has a GOLDEN heart Embarrassed which gets shone each time there are perks, and yes towards his story for Meenakshi..

He shines with his character Yeah Grey according to the article but the most realistic and intruding character ...

Evrything about this character is so interesting and all I ask is more screen space for his character DC as it is the USP of the show...Smile

I like Ahem's character Anagd also and his chemistry with Akshat the brother duo give an interesting angle...

Karishma is also hard hitting, but she needs to get herself a reality check when she is completely out of bound...

Meenakshi has to buckle up now hope this talk dc gives her makes her do that, and I like Sandhya's character also she gives many shades to her character with the way its built and more so she is in teh same page with DC at present and when she contradicts his thought she knows she is somewhere on the wrong track and follows him back Smile

Mauha Sanam need more screen space as even during the judgement days of Gala round or even meet up with DC sometime it would give added vibes to the show...and teh trio rock...

The other contestants can be shown doing some dances with atleast 2 minute space out time one in two episodes.. as the focus is on DC and the Akshi story...

Its a novel show and people should take time to watch it, Such shows don;t come always with twists and turns and intruding mind and analysis aspects..
Most of teh shows have more conspiracy and mushy mushy love stories or saas bahu saga or EMA's etc. This show is more if understanding how human mind works how we can travel through the path to fame and scrutinize things for self defense and keeps morals and rooted ambitions in mind and get there passing hurdles...

Life has varied spectrum to traverse and this show gives a backdrop of such behavior with individuals..

And The show is only been a little more than a month its paced on the life style of the backdrop in reality show and the dramas which viewers look for in it with the focus on the contest primarily being dancing so run of the mills ka funda i still don't get, LOLLOL, the concept has to plug in the drama with our master mind DC afterall the audiences kay reaction is what he watches..Embarrassed

For DC and APurva I can sit through this show and watch its repeat also.. Tweaks and improvements can be made and hope the months ahead this show catches eyeballs as it deserves from the stereo type shows shown on TV Clap

asdpsanmol

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.