Aarti's reasoning is wrong - please read!

Posted: 11 years ago

So far in the serial, I found Aarti to be a pretty reasonable young woman, but now I feel that her reasoning is wrong. Just because her revealing the truth to Yash may cause a rift between him and his father does not mean she should hide the secret from him. In fact, Yash has the right to know and most importantly, a husband and wife should not have secrets from one another. A solid, healthy relationship is founded on trust, and when Yash finds out that Aarti kept the truth from him for this long, he will feel hurt and even angry...at least, I know I would if I were in his place.

I actually think Yash's father deserves it if his son drifts away from him, because that will teach him that while elders should most certainly be respected by the youngsters, they should not use that respect to their advantage and play with the youngsters' lives as if they are puppets. There is a limit to how much respect Yash should give Sr. Scinidya when the latter is behaving like a spoiled brat. He's actually equal to Payal and Palak's level of thinking...except, they can be excused because they are small children and are being influenced by the regressive adults around them. Children cannot be blamed for their bad behavior, because they learn from their elders, but when an adult himself acts like that, what does that say abotu him?🤢 Yash should teach his father a lesson and Aarti should know this. As a self-respecting woman, she should show Yash what kind of people his parents and aunt are.

I hope Aarti's way of thinking changes and she herself tells the truth to Yash before anyone else. This show is about marriage so they should show how a marriage is founded on trust.
Totally agree with you. I also think that Yash has the right to know the truth. He should know how his parents and aunt mistreated his wife and son and threw them out of the house and how his aunt lied to him and his wife to get them divorced. He doesnt have to drift away from his parents because of this but can talk to them about how wrong this is. Having seen Yash's character so far I am sure he will not get angry and create a scene...I think he will approach the whole issue assuredly and calmly.
If I was in Pratik or Pankaj's place I would have told him the truth long ago irrespective of what my parents would think of me!!!!
I agree that she should tell him but I can also understand why. Yash went against his father to come up with the ransom money and that hurt both of them and Aarti doesn't want that to happen again. She doesn't want to come in between the father-son bond so she's trying to use an alternative.

As for Sr. Scindya, well he's been shown somewhat reasonable, before the whole I-want-Aarti-away-from-my-son thing, and seems to be a man of principle. So what I'm hoping for, is that he's not aware of the lie Gayatri told Yash (clearly no one knows about the lie his sister told Aarti, though I have doubts on Gayatri🤔). I don't think his asools would allow him to lie to his son, but would rather expect his son to do what he says🤔

Anyway, coming back to the topic, yes she should tell him what really happened. But then it might be like, who should he believe: his mother or his wife? There's a bit of a dilemma there🤔 Though of course his brothers and sister-in-laws can testify on Aarti's behalf but then that would also cause a rift between kids and elders🤔 It's a complex thing no? Or maybe I'm just making it more confusing then it actually it is😆 Another reason for Aarti not telling the truth could be that the CVs want Aarti to have a certain image, like respecting of relations and trying to keep everything together, like the usual bahus you see on tv who hide stuff from their hubby only for it to come back and not turn out the way they wanted😆 I like my reasoning better then this one😆
Well I think she is dealing the right way. She knows if she tells the truth both eays ball will not be in her court:
First id Yash does not believe her . Then tension between him and her.
Second if Yash does believe her tension between father son and more agression from adults. End of teh day all have to live together and sort out differences in mature manner. Do things logically and truly
It is a well known fact on indial tv serials that wives tend to hide the truth from husband - rightly or wrongly!!  Wives do not consult their husbands before they do anything - i am not sayiing they must take permission but rather if you are running a household together, shouldn't you be discussing the problems and finding solutions together.  But no!! in indian serials - wives do as they wish!! All in the name of being a sacrificing wife who shoulders all pain and hardship for the love of her family and husband - never mind that they suffer to or would want to share the burden with their wife or mother - NO she has to be the self-sacrificing wife - most times for no reason as the husbands they are sacrificing for are almost always good husbands who are willing to share the burden...
sorry i get so mad that husbands and wives do not share their problems with each other -
pasting what I wrote in a different thread:

Aarti spoke about how Yash will respect the truth and how much she respects him. However, she clearly doesnt respect him enough to tell him the truth. Who is she to decide what he will do after he knows the truth? What about Yash has suggested he is an unreasonable fight-monger with his parents? What about him makes her say, he is better off with my convoluted planning with his siblings and my veiled threats to his mom but not my straight talk with him? Especially when he has been truthful to her through out. This is not empowerment of a woman. This is making a caricature of strong women. Strong women can handle truth all round.

Worse, turns out the entire family including the kids are hell bent on lying to the one person who is in pain over the divorce - Yash. His siblings are happier plotting with Aarti than strategising with the man himself. Harebrained. You actually feel for the guy. Prateik was laughable when he agreead to not tell Yash the truth on Aarti's insistence. Doesnt he know his own brother?

The only saving grace seems to be Ansh who has called him up...now, if Ansh called up Yash about the visit of his siblings, one wonders why he didnt mention Gayatri and Bua's visit and also how unceremoniously him and Aarti were shown the door.

Last week they made Yash a very unreliable character by showing his haste to sign the divorce papers w/o talking to Aarti and this week it seems to be to make Aarti unreasonable with the truth to him. Why cant these be actually shown to communicate?
i don't find aarti's decision wrong...
i accept the reasoning that wives shudn't keep secrets from their husbands and being a wife i try to follow that to most extend...
still if some truths may add to the discord in his family, may shatter the image and respect that he has of his parents and there by hurting him more i think a wife is right in keeping the secret.
and do aarya have a normal husband wife relation? aarti has started to trust Yash only lately...so will yash accept what aarti says abt his parents as true?
and she had promised to leave Scindia's when Ansh was returned to her... which she did before she was given a reason to trust yash to be the best father to her child... may be if yash was not wounded and ansh came back, she might have told him of the condition his parents had made... but now her emotions are involved and she doesn't wish to hurt her husband, create disturbances for him...
how can she blurt out what she had faced ... do they have a depth of relation that will enable her to lighten the pain of disillusionment if he belives her
if she can keep the secret of her being a divorcee from him so as to keep the dignity of her ex- in laws, (which i feel was more wrong) why can't she keep the secret of her being forced out of her sasural to save the image of her present in laws in the eyes of her husband whom she cares for.
so if the story came from his bros it might be diff ...i still feel the best persons to reveal the matter are  children, who does not know the seriousness of the matter.
i guess Ansh mat tell the tale at the race, which might be why yash brings aarti home.
i made a post in PV after a long while, and it turned out to be long😃😃
Edited by bangalores - 11 years ago
i agree... i personally do not like the fact that not just aarti but yash's own brothers are not being honest with him... after all yash has the right to know what's happening around him especially when it concerns his life... his parents have been playing with his life and manipulating him since the past few days... yash has a right to know all that...
Well, the truth of the matter is: Aarti has been dishonest with Yash and his family from the start, she ( or rather her in-laws) with her reluctant concurrence ha sbeen deceiving the family about her status as a Divorcee. I truly think that if Aarti wants to return to the Scindiyas, she needs to come clean about this with Yash- to me, this is more important than showing up his family...imagine the scene when this lie comes to light!  And we know it will
As for the Parents and Aunt..Mr Scindya is a tyrant but he seems rather straightforward- 'Do as I say...or else' ...but I would be surprised if he knows about the lengths that G3 and his Sister have gone just to get rid of Aarti. My favourite scene was Arti grabbing hold of the Madwoman's hand, she seemed to be holding steadfast without much effort whilst the Aunt was squirming- I appreciate this side to Aarti's character and hope it continues, the Doormat attitude does not suit her

My question: How are children expected to respect elders when they see them blatantly lie and manipulate others= it really is a double-standard
Well the point here is Aarti does not want to re-enter Scindia house with her elder's Curse but with their blessings which is not possible if Aarti goes and tells the truth to Yash which will mean Yash forever losing his trust on parents and going against them which will result in her parents never giving the blessings of a bahu to Aarti which she wants ...

In this case Aarti might get an entry because of Yash as his wife but she will never b able to get the blessings of his parents as a bahu simply because his parents will think she is the reason why their son has lost his trust on them  ...So in short Aarti does not want to b the culprit in the eyes of Scindias to get her entry in Scindia mansion ...😊 ...

But if Aarti  can manage to get a re-entry in Scindia mansion with the blessings of Yash's parents only trhen she will successfully get her place back in the house as a Bahu as well as a wife which she wants and thats the reason she was searching for alternate ways with the help of Pratik and co 😳...

Now even if Yash comes to know the truth on his own without anyone telling him about it , at least Scindias wont hold Aarti responsible for creating a distance between a son and his parents but they will themselves feel guilty if their son finds out himself on his own rather than Aarti going and spilling the beans ...

So the moral of the story is Aarti does not want her re-entry in the house  at the cost of creating a distance between a father and son ... She wants to make her entry with everyone's blessings ...😳... Thats the only reason she is not telling the ugly truth of her parents to Yash because she feels it will only make matters worse with Scindias holding a forever vengence against Aarti rather than sorting it out 😊