Rang Badalti Odhani

FF:Love Arranged- Part 53 (Pg99) 3 Aug (Page 89)

Post Reply New Post

Page 89 of 100

ABlank90

ABlank90

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 2:17am | IP Logged

Part 46

"Come on yaar. Just returning the favour," insisted Shaan.

"Nahi Shaantanu. Mera dil nai hai," Khanak told him again.

"Kya yaar. Ayse kaise dil nai hai. You owe me one!"
"Actually YOU owe ME."

Shaantanu rolled his eyes. "Fine. I owe you…technically speaking but the fact remains the same- jaldi tayyar ho hum bahir ja rahey hein."

Saying this Shaan started to go from Khanak's room when Khanak declined his offer once again. Offer? Did I just say offer? Let me correct myself- when Khanak refused to comply!

"No argument Khanak. Meine keh diya na. I'm waiting downstairs."

He left and Khanak went back to packing her suitcase.

Jao na! Her mind pushed Khanak to take up Shaan's request.

Inta ajeeb lagay ga. Nai I can't go.

Phir baad mein regret na kerna!

Nai karoun gi. It's not the first time I've declined to go out for coffee with someone.

Someone nai Shaantanu hai.

So?

So..it's Shaantanu silly. You don't even know when you'll see him next!

So what? She tried to be indifferent even though she was only talking to herself.

So, don't be an idiot…you know Shaantanu isn't just 'someone'.

He is just a someone. Pehle maybe I had something for him. Ab kuch nai hai. We're just friends.

Acha?

Yes, just friends.

Suit yourself!

It had been fifteen minutes since Shaan had told her to get ready and come downstairs. Would he actually be waiting? Of course not!

But what if he is?

Finding herself unable to concentrate on the packing, Khanak decided to take a break and went downstairs. Everyone was having some tea in the living area and catching up with all that had happened in the day. As she descended the stairs, Shaantanu looked up with a smile. That smile soon vanished when he saw Khanak had not changed. She hadn't even worn different sandals or done any makeup! But then he realized that maybe that was how Khanak was like. She wasn't too keen on dressing up or going out so maybe she just wanted to go out casually and have some coffee without making a big deal out of it.

Shabash beta Shaan. Jaldi seekh raha hai tu!

Shaan had been making a conscious effort for the past few days to understand Khanak's point of view. According to Rahul, the misunderstanding between him and Khanak had taken place due to Shaan's inability to see things from Khanak's point of view. Though he was glad the misunderstandings were over, Shaantanu had begun to notice Khanak carefully. He had noted how she gave a small smile when someone complimented her and she had no other reply to give. How she tucked the strand of hair that kept escaping from behind her ear when she served tea and breakfast. He observe how she held the glass from one hand and the saucer with the other when she offered water to the elders. In short, he noticed how prim and "proper" Khanak's demeanour was.

Shaan was just about to get up and excuse himself and Khanak for the evening when Khanak came and sat with his dadi, smiling at him at first but then instantly turning her head towards the elders. She engrossed herself with their talk as Shaan looked on, hoping that Khanak would turn her head once so he could catch her eye. Something told him Khanak had not come downstairs to go out.

When five minutes had passed without any attention from Khanak, Shaan tried signaling her from across the sofas but to no avail. He then lightly tapped the glass table that filled the space between the sofas and was successful in catching Khanak's eyes.

With a swift move of his eyebrows, he asked her to get up so they could excuse themselves. She shook her head and frowned to tell him she disagreed. He clenched him jaw and raised his eyebrows to show his frustration and made the offer again. Khanak declined and gestured towards the elders telling him they would not approve of them going out.

While all this was going on, Sunil, Chitresh and Alpana were busy talking to Akshay and Madhavi but one cupid was still very much aware of the tensions between the two youngest people in the room. She cleared her throat, "Shaan waise tum achay host nai ho. Khanak ko tum ne sheher hi nai dekhaya."

Shaantanu's frown froze on his face as he realized he was being addressed and all eyes were suddenly on him. He quickly recomposed himself and smiled, "Err…time hi nai mila dadi."

Khanak's head by now was bowed so low that Dadi needed no further proof of what was going on. And if Khanak's cheeks had gone red dreading and hoping that Dadi hadn't seen her and Shaantanu signaling, they turned even more red when Dadi spoke again.

"Time milta nai hai beta. Nikalna parhta hai."

The elders watched as the eldest tried to save the hopes her son had put on his younger son. Sunil thought of why his mother was trying to salvage a relationship the Shaan and Khanak weren't keen on developing. He had earlier informed everyone of Shaan and Khanak's decision. Chitresh and Alpana had heard the confirmed news too. Khanak had told them in London that the decision rested with Shaantanu but confessed that the chances were slim. All things considered, it was surprising to everyone that Dadi was getting active since it was obvious the topic had not propped up casually. Just for his mother's sake, Sunil added,

"Haan bilkul sahi keh rahi hein aap Ma. Balke Shaan aysa kyun nai karte all you kids can go out aaj."

"Umm…nai uncle hum uss din coffee peg aye thay," Khanak nervously interrupted.

"Arrey Khanak once isn't enough. You guys go out and have fun yaar," Akshay insisted.

And so it was decided. Manya, Harshit, Shaan, Khanak, Rajesh and a few other of Shaan's cousins went out. It was decided that they'll stroll around a park and then have something to eat from the roadside.

Sorry guys...could either manage a quick update or a long one. Caught up with exams and apps aaj kal :(

Plus, the whole new IF rules about shutting down old forums really hit me. Don't know how it'll all plan out or where this FF will be shifted but just felt like updating till what I had written. I wanted to start and end the FF here at this forum but that seems unlikely since I don't have the time to wrap it up so quickly. Just hoping that they give us more time. I'll miss the forum and our interactions here so much, not just the FF but otherwise too. Ouch

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetcharviONAegomonika_aaktymfanvirika01diyakSaranya1990aasma1IF_ridak.krithikasnigdhanagarktymheer_85jaisyjazzRoshni_Mpoo_jRB81Maneesha_Shanak

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "FF:Love Arranged- Part 53 (Pg99) 3 Aug (Page 89)" in Rang Badalti Odhani forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Maneesha_Shanak

IF-Sizzlerz

Maneesha_Shanak

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 3:38am | IP Logged
awesome..but its very short...Confused
now shanak are going out...Big smile
Aww cant wait update soon...
yeah the forum is going to shut down...i will miss this forum...Cry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ABlank90

ktymfan

ktymfan

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 3:54am | IP Logged
ll wait fr nxt update..

ABlank90

heer_85

Goldie

heer_85

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 4:41am | IP Logged
 awesome update NishaSmile
 Shaan waited for her for a coffee and khanak refused his request 
loved her self talk heheheheheheheh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! burthal 
 shaan became happy seen khanak but then she went n sit with dadi 
khanak kya kar rahiho yaar go with shaan 
awww!!!!!!!! shaan upset aur gussa hogaya 
 wow!!!!!!!!! dadi u are great u understand shaan's gesture hehehDancing Dancing now they are out with other kids 
 i wish they talk about them selves yaar 
 yeah the forum is going to shut Cry will miss u all yaar 
 please Nisha if u will post somewhere else inform us n give us link 
 may be create a blog
 hope they give sometime or find some other way for us 
 update soon 

ABlank90

jaisyjazz

Goldie

jaisyjazz

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 5:00am | IP Logged
oh wow shan wants to take khanak out and have a cup of coffee 
i loved their ishare 
ankhon hi ankhon me ishare hogaya Wink
lovely Smile
update next soon if it is small then no problem 
and dont worry ppl r going their best to change this decision of closing the forum and all 
they have to have to change their minds i think will dont dare to go against so many ppl 
so update soon and dont finish this ff so soon 

Edited by jaisyjazz - 15 December 2012 at 4:58am

ABlank90

poo_j

IF-Dazzler

poo_j

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 5:10am | IP Logged

Loved it!!!Big smile Wow!!! Finally Shaan taking the much needed initiation and wants to take Khanak out..but she squarely refusing it..Dadi understood them and now helped Shaan..Khanak now has no other option but to go out with him..Embarrassed

Looking forward and thanks for writing..Smile 

P.S: Please dont rush in wrapping the story..ShaNak love is yet to start..consider moving it to a blog..Smile

Edited by poo_j - 15 December 2012 at 5:19am

ABlank90

aasma1

Goldie

aasma1

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Know whats gonnna happen, wheres everyone gonna write there ff some ppl have blogs and some ppl don't
xxx

ABlank90

RB81

IF-Rockerz

RB81

Posted: 15 December 2012 at 12:05pm | IP Logged
Hhhmmm...Daadi the cupid..Team daadi..

ABlank90

Post Reply New Post

Go to top