loved the ques natasaha asked
actually i loved each and eery bit of the update
lukin fwd to next... update soon

Thanks a lot Rida!! Loved your comment! πŸ˜ƒ
ABlank90 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: -Manita-

My visits here have become almost infrequent, thanks to busy schedules and my blogs,...

Didn't know that you were writing this
so much to catch up !!

Will read and get back to you :)))) 

Heyy! Yeah I started writing a while back and figured you're already so busy tou you won't get a chance to read this. Plus, I love your stories and this is my first attempt at writing one because I've never been that much of a fan of writing stories. Looking forward to your view! πŸ˜Š
ABlank90 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Yasharanrocks

lovd it plz cont soon...

Thanks! πŸ˜Š
ABlank90 thumbnail
Originally posted by: vijusb

A very nice update. Loved the convo bet khanak ans sameer. Shaans comments were fab. Waiting for next. pls don't make us to wait for more time

Thanks a lot! Yes, hopefully I'll update in a day or two! πŸ˜Š
ABlank90 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ktymfan

'EXCLUSIVE'...dat shows d height of jealousy::...i m lovinG it...i m eagerly waiting fr d next update n shaan offcourse fr d answer...u r FAB nisha...

Haha..yep! Inner thoughts bhi jealousy wali hi hein Shaan ki. πŸ˜›

Thank you so much! πŸ€—
ABlank90 thumbnail
Part 26

"Wah yaar. So are you guys dating?" asked Natasha.

At some point in our lives, we all have gotten insight into what a man on the verge of fatal attraction is like. Little or a lot- whatever insight we've had- it is safe to say that no man can calmly sit and watch someone he likes to be linked to someone else, especially before he has tried to stake a claim at her heart. We wouldn't dare think what our impulsive hero would do after Natasha asked this question but as it was a night of surprises, Shaantanu surprised himself (and us) by tightening his left fist under the table and getting hold of a glass of water from his right hand, intently looking at Sameer and Khanak but interrupting the conversation.

He wished Khanak would answer but it was Sameer who spoke.
"We're just friends," he said putting his hand on top of Khanak's, "really good friends."

Khanak's eyes shot to Shaan's but his emotions were masked. Khanak had warned Sameer not to go overboard and thankfully he hadn't, with his words at least. The hand gesture was surely aimed at Shaan and she felt it was because Sameer wanted her to judge Shaan's reaction. Alas, Shaantanu had gotten a grip on himself.

Underneath that composed Shaantanu, the man was experiencing a mixture of anger, confusion and keenness to talk to Khanak alone. He had felt that he was the only man in Khanak's life but now a Sameer had appeared virtually out of nowhere. Was he a friend or a really good friend? How close were the two?

Images of himself and Khanak having coffee on the terrace flashed before Shaan's eyes. Khanak's laughter. Her anger in the kitchen the day after he arrived. Her letters. Her eagerness to know him. And then the dance floor. There seemed to be two sides to the girl. And though he had always wanted to see an outgoing Khanak, he didn't like the outgoing Khanak he was seeing right now.

"Haan wo tou lagta hai," Natasha's voice brought Shaan back to the restaurant table.
"Of course yaar lagna bhi chahiye. We've been together for so long." said Sameer. "What about you and Shaantanu?"
"We've great friends too," replied Natasha, "College se saath hein and in fact we're practically family."

Ouch! That hit Khanak. Practically family? What was that supposed to mean? Shaantanu had never told her about Natasha but then again, he hadn't quite told her much about himself anyway. From his friends, she only knew about Rahul, Ducks and Samaira. Rahul worked with Shaantanu and the other two were good college friends though they didn't really get a chance to hang out and talk now. That was it.

It was at that moment, when Khanak realized that she knew little, if not nothing, about Shaantanu. She had opened her heart and mind to him. But he had not. True, she hadn't told him about Sameer but then the topic never really came up. He never asked her about her friends. Plus, it was more important to know about the person than their friends and she had told him all about her ideals, her dreams, her beliefs and likes and dislikes.

Shaantanu knew she loved cooking and housework but also loved studying and working. He knew she disliked partying frequently and preferred hanging out with close friends. He was aware that she liked tea in the morning and coffee in the evening; that she liked wearing shalwar kameez as much as she liked wearing jeans and tops.

But what did she know about him? That he had parents, an elder brother and a dadi at home. Rahul, Ducks and Samaira as friends. He distrusted women and laughed at the whole concept of marriage. Oh and he didn't like parathas! That was it!

Once she had reminded herself of these things Khanak no longer doubted Sameer's advice. She needed Shaantanu to open up. She had given him time to "sort out his mess" and if he couldn't tell her now, when would he? Now, he wasn't sure how to tell her. If they got engaged, he would want to spend time with her and not ruin her mood. After they got married, well then who cares why spoil the fun once the shaadi is done?

In all probability he was stalling her. Their chats, their arguments and letters had made it clear that he was attracted to her. A guy like that just doesn't hear about petty stuff from an average girl like that. Little did she know she was anything but average to him, but she was right about the former part. However, when one would place oneself in Khanak's shoes one would realize that all she had was speculation. She had no proof to back her opinions up with. And even if she knew he liked her, she also knew she couldn't spend her entire life with a mysterious man who simply asked her to trust him but not know him inside out. If her fairytale dream was to become a reality, that could not happen.

The evening was spent pleasantly enough. The conversation flowed and none but the two estranged protagonists felt the current that sparked on the table whenever one of them spoke.
"Shaan seriously man I never knew you had such good company here in London," said Natasha, taking a sip of her wine.
"Well, he is a mysterious man after all, no?" said Khanak.
Shaantanu stopped chewing for a moment and looked at Khanak. Was that meant as a signal to him, he wondered. Natasha, however, missed the point.
"Haha...yeah most would say that. In fact, few know him." Natasha replied nonchalantly.
"True Natty, but you can't complain about that," put in Shaan. Back in composure, hand over Natasha's free one.

It was Khanak's turn to be surprised. Was that meant for her? No. She had every right to know him better and he should be a gentleman about it. And what was with this "Natty" thing. This was the third time he called her that. It annoyed her to no end, but like a well-mannered lady she didn't let any of her frustrations show.

"Haan I know you but generally you don't open up easily to people," said Natasha.
"That's really interesting waise Shaantanu because tum lagtay bohat extrovert and party type ho," said Sameer.
"Haan Sam, but har extrovert ki zindagi mein bhi there are reasons why he becomes an introvert at times," put in Khanak.
"You know that's a very interesting theory Khanak," said Shaan, "what kind of reasons?"
"Many reasons Shaantanu, you'd know yours" replied Khanak.
"Okay. And I suppose har introvert ki zindagi mein bhi kuch reasons hotey hein for them to become extroverts in the blink of an eye?" asked Shaan.

If there was someone who understood each subtle meaning, it was Shaan and Khanak. If there was a person who understood nothing it was Natasha. If there was one person who was loving the conversation- it was Sameer! The guy would hardly contain in laughter, so he felt he must speak in order to control himself. Control himself and of course have more fun!

"Oh most definitely yaar. And no one would know this better than Khanak." said Sameer.
A surprised Shaantanu- surprised at the blatant overlapping of the subject- could only manage to say, "Ahan..."
"Yeah, ye kitaboun aur filmoun ki duniya mein everything changes in the blink of an eye. And that's the fun part, right sunshine?" said Sameer.
Khanak smiled in agreement.
Sameer continued: "So, you just have to realize why the change has occurred and you're half way through the puzzle."

Something told Shaantanu the last line was meant for him. It was man to man now.

I dunno why but I loved writing this part. Hope you guys enjoy reading it! πŸ˜Š
Edited by ABlank90 - 11 years ago
Medusa.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Lovely part Nisha! :)

Loved their convo...!!πŸ˜ƒ

Loved nattie fo one..n Sunshine fo the other thingy!πŸ˜†

Ghossshhh...!! Its too gud seeing them burn...!!πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
Loving the jealousy stage..!!! :D

Loved your interpretations on relation..and how imp it is to know about each other! :') Very well written! :')

Man to Man convo! Ahhh...!!! Cant wait...!!!

Cont.sooon! Muaaahhh...!!!<3<3
jaisyjazz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
oh that was a lovely part nisha😊
as much as u had fun writing it i had fun reading it
and i loved the line

"If there was someone who understood each subtle meaning, it was Shaan and Khanak. If there was a person who understood nothing it was Natasha. If there was one person who was loving the conversation- it was Sameer!"

hahahaha πŸ˜† meri condition bhi sameer jaisi thi while listening to conv bet shan and khanak
laugh πŸ˜† 
waiting for next update soon 
SJ6... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
u loved writing it, I loved reading it loool
yayyy man to man talk loool
khanak and shaan understanding, bechari natasha dosent kniw a thing and sameer just enjoying loool
loved it, dp continue quick... xxx
ktymfan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
lOvIN d indirect msgs betwn these two...πŸ˜›ohh n d last one..man to man convo. took d cake nisha...sumthing is up...smthiNg strikes shaan...N m waiting for his acts nw...