Rang Badalti Odhani

FF:Love Arranged- Part 53 (Pg99) 3 Aug (Page 13)

Post Reply New Post

Page 13 of 100

sharon18

Goldie

sharon18

Posted: 15 June 2012 at 2:58am | IP Logged
Hey NishaHug
Oh ho looks like our hero is meltingLOL
Ummm he is really confused at one point he thinks of ignoring the letter a clear indication that he is not interested in her and at the same time he plans to dedicate a small portion of his already confused mind to her Evil Smile Interesting...
Well this is a start anyway, I am glad that he got the first clue that she is smart ( a girl is smart) ...I am happy he realized he was dumb LOL good job KhanakBig smile
He feels she is romantic Smile well maybe sometimes instincts do prove right Big smile
Great going Nisha loved itSmile
It dosen't matter wen the next letter is gonna come ,I am still waiting for the next letterBig smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ABlank90

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "FF:Love Arranged- Part 53 (Pg99) 3 Aug (Page 13)" in Rang Badalti Odhani forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

RB81

IF-Rockerz

RB81

Posted: 15 June 2012 at 5:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ABlank90

Lol...yes, Shaan and Khanak really do need to talk things out, or write them if they may Tongue. And about the chotu parts- I'm trying to make them longer but all I want is for one proper scene to be in one update so that it looks like a whole. And if I keep them at this length or a lil longer I suppose, I shall be able to update more frequently as it'll take less time. What do you (and everyone else) think?

if u plan to update frequently toh chalega.. Big smile

ABlank90

k.krithika

Goldie

k.krithika

Posted: 16 June 2012 at 12:14am | IP Logged
Hi Nisha :-)
I read all the parts together i am in love with ur FF it's very nice
U are a brilliant writer i love ur style of writing and language i agree with Sangita it's like like Victorian era beautiful!!
Loving the letters convo both the letters explains Shanak's characters,their emotions and feelings, thoughts ,perfect to the point!!
Thanks for making it like our RBO and ya we all miss our RBO and team like crazy...
Thanks a lot for lovely FF keep writing very excited to know what was Shantanu's reply letter the fun has just began ;-)

Loads of love
Krithika

PS: posting from phone ignore any mistakes..

ABlank90

ABlank90

ABlank90

Posted: 16 June 2012 at 6:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by IF_rida

penned amazingly

the choice of words is superb

i like reading it again and again

they both are a mystery

what he wrote in the letter and her reply... it was superb

not letting know wht they feel yet giving a hint

lukin fwd to his reply to her letter

update soon

Thanks a lot Rida! I'm really happy to know that the story is re-readable and that you like it! Smile

ABlank90

ABlank90

Posted: 16 June 2012 at 6:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sharon18

Hey NishaHug
Oh ho looks like our hero is meltingLOL
Ummm he is really confused at one point he thinks of ignoring the letter a clear indication that he is not interested in her and at the same time he plans to dedicate a small portion of his already confused mind to her Evil Smile Interesting...
Well this is a start anyway, I am glad that he got the first clue that she is smart ( a girl is smart) ...I am happy he realized he was dumb LOL good job KhanakBig smile
He feels she is romantic Smile well maybe sometimes instincts do prove right Big smile
Great going Nisha loved itSmile
It dosen't matter wen the next letter is gonna come ,I am still waiting for the next letterBig smile

Hahah...hero hai even I'm not sure melt kab hoga but the games his mind and heart are playing have made him quite a confused man. LOL
As usual, loved your last line! Smile

ABlank90

ABlank90

Posted: 16 June 2012 at 6:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by RB81

Originally posted by ABlank90

Lol...yes, Shaan and Khanak really do need to talk things out, or write them if they may Tongue. And about the chotu parts- I'm trying to make them longer but all I want is for one proper scene to be in one update so that it looks like a whole. And if I keep them at this length or a lil longer I suppose, I shall be able to update more frequently as it'll take less time. What do you (and everyone else) think?

if u plan to update frequently toh chalega.. Big smile

Great! I'm planning ke once in two days tou zaroor update karoun, even daily if possible Big smile

ABlank90

ABlank90

Posted: 16 June 2012 at 6:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by k.krithika

Hi Nisha :-)
I read all the parts together i am in love with ur FF it's very nice
U are a brilliant writer i love ur style of writing and language i agree with Sangita it's like like Victorian era beautiful!!
Loving the letters convo both the letters explains Shanak's characters,their emotions and feelings, thoughts ,perfect to the point!!
Thanks for making it like our RBO and ya we all miss our RBO and team like crazy...
Thanks a lot for lovely FF keep writing very excited to know what was Shantanu's reply letter the fun has just began ;-)

Loads of love
Krithika

PS: posting from phone ignore any mistakes..

Thanks a lot Kritika! Your comment mean A LOT! I'm humbled by the fact that you and Sangita think I have a Victorian influence in my writing Big smile

Much love,
Nisha Smile

k.krithika

ABlank90

ABlank90

Posted: 16 June 2012 at 6:32am | IP Logged

Part 9

It had been three days since she had written that letter. Three full days. She had sent it by overnight mail so it must have reached him.
And he must have read it too!

Chal pagli. Unhein kya tera khat parhney ke elawa koi kaam nai hai? 
Khandelwal khandaan ke saputr hein wo. Aur kitney kaam houn ge unhein.

Par ek khat tou parh hi saktey hein na.

Tou kya pooray jahan mein tera ki khat reh gaya hai parhnay ke liye?

Par unhoun ne hi tou hum se kaha tha ke wo hum se baat karna chahtey hein.

Baat karna chahtay hein. Tujeh apni daily diary nai banana chahtay!

Par koi tou ehmiyat hogi meri un ki zindagi mein.

Pagal na ban Khanak. Kya tu ne un ka rang dhang dekha tha? Smart hein, parhay likhay aur good looking bhi. Larkiyoun se baat karna un ke liye koi nayi cheez nai hogi.

Par shaadi ke liye tou nayi baat hi hogi na.

Ziyada hawa mein pulao na bana. Yaad hai tu ne kya tay kiya tha? Wo kuch nai hai terey liye. Tu jaanti bhi nai hai unhein. Aur un ka khat bhi itna to-the-point tha. Tu ziyada hawa mein urr mat. Neechay zameen pe tha kar ke tu hi giray gi phir.

Her own self had defeated her own arguments justifying her restlessness and anticipation for Shaantanu's reply. Usually Khanak had concrete resolve. When she decided she wouldn't do something she usually stuck to it. But something about Shaantanu Khandelwal made her resolve weaken. And of course, Khanak didn't like this.

After this conversation with her mind early in the morning, at about 6 am, Khanak got out of bed and headed downstairs to check for mail. She had done this everyday since she had posted her letter because of her naivety of saying yes to Shaantanu for his letter-exchanging idea. She'd rather die before either of her parents, or siblings for that matter, found out she was exchanging letters with him. It was a scandalous idea and she had ridiculously agreed to it. Such was the dilemma her heart had put her in.

Obviously, there was no letter the first day. Neither on the second one. Unfortunately, neither on the third one i.e. today. But she continued her routine and on the fourth day, she was rewarded. The brown mailbox placed outside the front door was blessed with another beige envelope addressed to Ms. Khanak Jadeja. She grabbed it as if it would disappear if she waited another second and made a dash for her room. When inside, she carefully bolted the door and checked if it was indeed locked.

Of course she was kidding herself. She may not have decided whether she liked Shaantanu Khandelwal or not, but she obviously cared for what he thought. She had built castles in the air. And though she wasn't proud of it, she knew Shaantanu Khandelwal had indeed been given some form of importance by her in her life.

Again the paper knife was taken out from the pencil holder and was used to slice the envelope open. Again she found a parchment, neatly folded, waiting for her to bathe it in her gaze.

Dear Khanak,

I am deeply humbled by your acceptance of my proposal for a mode of conversation. Your prim sentences have made their mark nonetheless and if a traditionalist like yourself would prefer another mode, I believe I shall be able to oblige.(Traditionalist?! How did he know? Is he mocking me?)

However, what must not be lost in this whole prospect is that speedy overseas mail is not something we should take lightly. After all, the purpose of these letters is to communicate. Have a conversation, if I may take the liberty of saying so. Yes Khanak, I believe we know very little about each other. So little that it will be a shame to either fulfill or disregard our parents wishes upon this amount of knowledge that we have of each other. I may sound business-like but alas, I have been brought up in a business-like environment.

I do not believe that setting off at a pretentious beginning would do either of us any good. I am not unknown to womankind and the fact that you are unknown to me it just a little less than bothersome (Oh so am I a business file now?! And not just any business file, one who is not even significant enough to be deemed bothersome if it is vague and mysterious? A little less than bothersome, my foot!). Our fathers have been the greatest of friends and I see no reason why we shouldn't be either. But for that, my dear, I'll need a little more than two sentences in your next letter. :)

Regards,
Shaantanu Khandelwal.

"But for that, my dear, I'll need a little more than two sentences in your next letter."
"But for that, my dear, I'll need a little more than two sentences in your next letter."
And she read again.
"But for that, my dear, I'll need a little more than two sentences in your next letter. Regards, Shaantanu Khandelwal."

Khanak could not control her fast-paced breath. Neither could she cool down the heat that crept up her cheeks. The worst part, however, was that she didn't know why the blood rushed to her face. Was it out of affection for the man had addressed her, albeit briefly, "my dear" or was it because he had the audacity to ask her to write what he called "a little more than two sentences."

Not surprisingly, Khanak had been overwhelmed by Shaantanu's letter. And his distinct fragrance made her mind all the more hazy. She was having difficulty in analysing his letter but, as they say, persistence pays off. Khanak decided that to write Shaantanu an appropriate reply she would need to identify a few key things in his letter. The key things which indicated to whatever little or great extent as to what type of a man he was.

Nay, she wasn't like Shaantanu. To categorize men was not her hobby, neither was it an option. But she needed to identify something stereotypical about the man. He was, after all, a rich Mumbai hunk, a Harvard graduate and possibly one of the most eligible bachelors in India's corporate world.

Mentally she made a list of a few things she intended to find out about Mr. Mumbai:
1. Was he actually a gentleman or was he trying to remain emotionally detached from any conversation between him and Khanak?
2. Was he actually eager to get to know her or was he simply bogged down by family pressure?
3. If it was the latter: Was he actually being bogged down by family pressure or was he trying to show as if, even as a modern-Mumbai-eligible-bachelor, he cared for his family?

Only after getting her answers to these questions would Khanak move on to contemplating whether she had a future with his man or not. According to his letter he was "business-minded" even in daily life and perhaps had no significant interest in Khanak. Though Khanak was a traditionalist, it can in no way be said that she was a misfit in the world of the 21st century. She knew her principles but she had her purpose. If he man could interest Khanak, she'd determine if she wanted him. And if she did, she'd try her best to find a way.

And this debate brought Khanak to the final question: How would she reply to Shaantanu Khandelwal?

Okay guys, I hope it's long enough and that Shaan's letter lived up to your expectation or at least tickled your curiousity. As always, waiting for your feedback! Smile

Edited by ABlank90 - 22 June 2012 at 10:53am

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

pooja.88vijusbdiyaksangitasenguptaktymheer_85k.krithikaaysha1989IF_rida_CutieCute_RB81Xx.Phoenix.xX

Post Reply New Post

Go to top