Rang Badalti Odhani

FF:Love Arranged- Part 53 (Pg99) 3 Aug (Page 12)

Post Reply New Post

Page 12 of 100

sharon18

Goldie

sharon18

Posted: 14 June 2012 at 9:49am | IP Logged
Hey NishaBig smile
Lovely update but I really missed the lettersSmile
A combination of two guys or a group of guys discussing about marriage or girls is disastrous LOL cause they never come out with anything positive,to tell the truth there are too stupid to think of anything positiveWink
(Its always the girls who have some senseWink)
Shanak meeting was kinda funny I can just imagine Shaan state when he is told on board the flight that he should actually meet a girlLOL he must have been so lostLOL
Ok Khanak's upbringing is Indian but I really dunno how a combi of 2 people brought up in two different cultures actually work out ,its like a miracle Smile
On the whole I have had this thought not with respect to the story but generally speaking I dunno why some parents of the groom always want a perfect bahu but when it comes to their own son he can have lapses but bahu should be perfect somehow they fail to accept a girl as she is...nobody in this world is perfect...actually the whole thought of marriage is very freaky and scary it somehow gives me gossebumpsLOL
Nice update NishaThumbs Up
Waiting for the next letterBig smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ABlank90

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "FF:Love Arranged- Part 53 (Pg99) 3 Aug (Page 12)" in Rang Badalti Odhani forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ABlank90

ABlank90

Posted: 14 June 2012 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aasma1

Sorry can u just explain to me in short whT tge update was about as I cant read it properly im in dubai I can only write and read comments loool

Hey Aasma. Well, you'd really enjoy the update if you read it because it has details of how Shaan and Khanak's parents arranged their marriage. Basically Sunil and Chitresh (Khanak's dad) are childhood friends. Khanak is the eldest child of Chitresh and Alpana, followed by twins- Harshit and Manya. Chitresh as livedhas lived in Pakistan for a while whereas Khanak has only lived in London, Sunil explains. 

Moreover, Rahul notices that Shaan is deep in thought about Khanak. Reading the update might give you a better understanding though. 

Hope you're having fun in Dubai. Are you there on a holiday?

ABlank90

ABlank90

Posted: 14 June 2012 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jaisyjazz

HI NISHASmile
nice update now i understood the whole thing so shan and khanak's parents r childhood friends
and they want to take their friendship to a next level thats good but shan ki problem kya hai are ladki se pehle baat karo friendship karo phir aage ki socho simple lekin ye aise behave kar raha hai ki jaise ki sab kuch khatam ho gaya hai i think khanak is more mature here than shan m i right?
waiting for ur next update Big smile

Haha...I like the way you summarized Shaan's behaviour...and yes, Khanak is the more mature one here! Smile

ABlank90

ABlank90

Posted: 14 June 2012 at 10:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by RB81

hahahaha..LOL!!!!Rahul is too stunned r watever he couldnt name it..
Really the way Shaan's proposal with Khanak by his family ambushing Shaan n Rahul..
Hhhmmm...Shaan so lost in thoughts..Hope both talk abt the proposal very soon n get minimal doubts clarified..
Awaiting the next part..U r writing chotu chotu parts yaar..

Lol...yes, Shaan and Khanak really do need to talk things out, or write them if they may Tongue. And about the chotu parts- I'm trying to make them longer but all I want is for one proper scene to be in one update so that it looks like a whole. And if I keep them at this length or a lil longer I suppose, I shall be able to update more frequently as it'll take less time. What do you (and everyone else) think?

RB81

ABlank90

ABlank90

Posted: 14 June 2012 at 10:55am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sharon18

Hey NishaBig smile
Lovely update but I really missed the lettersSmile
A combination of two guys or a group of guys discussing about marriage or girls is disastrous LOL cause they never come out with anything positive,to tell the truth there are too stupid to think of anything positiveWink
(Its always the girls who have some senseWink)
Shanak meeting was kinda funny I can just imagine Shaan state when he is told on board the flight that he should actually meet a girlLOL he must have been so lostLOL
Ok Khanak's upbringing is Indian but I really dunno how a combi of 2 people brought up in two different cultures actually work out ,its like a miracle Smile
On the whole I have had this thought not with respect to the story but generally speaking I dunno why some parents of the groom always want a perfect bahu but when it comes to their own son he can have lapses but bahu should be perfect somehow they fail to accept a girl as she is...nobody in this world is perfect...actually the whole thought of marriage is very freaky and scary it somehow gives me gossebumpsLOL
Nice update NishaThumbs Up
Waiting for the next letterBig smile

Hahaha...not to be sexist be yeah guys usually either over-think or under-think the situation when it comes to things like marriage, especially when it comes to guys who virtually have everythings. Girls over -think too but well...they usually tend to day dream. Tongue
Though I get and agree on the whole part where you say it's unfair to look for perfect bahus and overlook imperfect betas that's not the main thing in the story. Don't worry there Smile 
And the whole cultural aspect is exactly what I plan to explore. How different are they? Are they different? Or just similar in a different way? Wink

I love it when you write "Waiting for the next letter" Big smile but unfortunately aaj raat I have lots to do so I won't be able to extend the update I've already written. Next letter will be made public in the next se next update and since its the weekend I'll make it longer (*fingers crossed*) as a compensation! Big smile

sharon18

ABlank90

ABlank90

Posted: 14 June 2012 at 12:34pm | IP Logged

Part 8

It is not uncommon practice to curse oneself when one is confused, especially when it relates to matters one is trying to convince oneself are unimportant. Therefore, it is not difficult to guess what Shaantanu Khandelwal was doing ever since he realized that he didn't notice when Rahul left his cabin.

But cursing would not do. A reply would be the best thing to do.

Truth be told, Shaan hadn't been expecting a reply. Khanak seemed to be shy and obviously very aware of the fact that their fathers knew each other well. She seemed to be traditional - but then you can't really vouch for that right? his mind corrected him. Shaan had believed that once a few weeks had passed and his letter would have gone unanswered he would have the perfect reason to convince his dad that this marriage would not happen. Neither Khanak nor he wanted it. But in less than a weeks time his letter had received a reply and Shaantanu was forced to accept that there was nothing instinctive about his plan. It was his hopes dependent upon the decision of an unknown girl. Irrational preemption was the phrase.

Now that he had a reply he could do two things: ignore it or write back. Ignoring it seemed to be a good option because it would send a clear signal to Khanak- he was simply not interested in maintaining, or building for that matter, any relationship with her. But this option was so much more wrong on other levels: it would be unchivalrous, impolite and outright rude! He had asked, in no less than a manner which was akin to a gentleman's, that he would like to talk to her. For a woman it implied no less than a "he's interested in me!"
Regardless of the woman mentality, to any normal person it would mean that I wish to try to know them better, his mind reiterated.

So, Shaan was left with only the second option: write back. But what should he write?

Shaan picked up Khanak's letter and read the few lines again. The woman was smart. Traditionalist or not, the woman was smart and Shaantanu forced himself to acknowledge that. She had matched his tone in her letter, only that her letter contained a hint of sarcasm.
"...whether publicly receiving your phonecall is any more obvious than the household seeing a letter addressed by a Shaantanu Khandelwal.." she had written.

His own stupidity was highlighted in a mere sentence and this made him smile. The girl was smart, he repeated. If Shaan had left London with the view that Khanak was conservative and shy then it was no less than ridiculous to think that she would feel scandalized if letters from a potential husband came to her by post. Anyone could find out she was conversing with him. Moreover, nothing had been finalized. Their families hadn't agreed to marriage, or having collective holidays, or get-to-know-each-other-better lunches. Technically, Shaan was a nobody for Khanak. To receive letters from a stranger would of course lead to questioning or worse- opening of the letter by any one of Khanak's parents! From what his father had told him, Shaan knew the Jadeja's were a good family, but good didn't mean liberal. If Khanak, being a Londoner for almost two decades, seemed conservative then there was a slim chance her parents were otherwise.

Obviously, phir to-the-point reply hi de gi na idiot- his mind concluded his thoughts for him.
Proceeding with his analysis on Khanak's letter Shaantanu decided there were a few things he had to find out. And in that moment, Shaantanu Khandelwal subconsciously made the decision to let Khanak occupy a place in his mind, if not in his heart-yet. A little place, but a place nonetheless. A place more significant than any other woman he had met in his life, barring family of course.

Her letter was short and Shaan concluded she probably didn't want to seem too eager, at first at least. Something told him that she had put in a great deal of effort to ensure the letter was devoid of any scent of emotion. The girl was acting tough, or was she? There was only one way to find out.

Something had also told Shaan that Khanak was a romantic at heart. It was again that something which had made him write his first letter to her on a piece of parchment- reminiscent of her love for medieval times. A shy romantic soul needs just the right words to open up and Shaantanu was determined to unlock those thoughts Khanak had safely locked in her mind, away from the words in her letter. She had not responded on a parchment and Shaan concluded it was for the very reason that she didn't want to seem too keen.
Let her open his envelope. Let the fun begin. Shaantanu smiled to himself as he placed yet another beige envelope addressed to a Ms. Khanak Jadeja on the pile of mail post his secretary Payal would have posted for him later today.

Edited by ABlank90 - 22 June 2012 at 10:53am

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

vijusbdiyaksangitasenguptaHarshIkaZaYasharon18k.krithikaaysha1989IF_ridajanavi07_CutieCute_RB81

IF_rida

Goldie

IF_rida

Posted: 14 June 2012 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
penned amazingly

the choice of words is superb

i like reading it again and again

they both are a mystery

what he wrote in the letter and her reply... it was superb

not letting know wht they feel yet giving a hint

lukin fwd to his reply to her letter

update soon

ABlank90

jaisyjazz

Goldie

jaisyjazz

Posted: 15 June 2012 at 1:16am | IP Logged
very nice Smile
atlast bahut soch samajh ne ke baad shan ki dimag ki ghanti baji aur usne letter likhne ki zehmat ki desperate to read wat he has written in letter Big smile
next soon

ABlank90

Post Reply New Post

Go to top