Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Saturday Story (updated on pg 38 ) (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 39

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 17 June 2012 at 2:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ramki1

Thanks a lot my dear friends...amazing paints and wonderful stories

thank u so much

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vanadhisukhi...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Saturday Story (updated on pg 38 ) (Page 7)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

vanadhi

IF-Dazzler

vanadhi

Posted: 17 June 2012 at 7:21am | IP Logged
Vow such a nice post , i have been reading reading and reading,,,,,,,,LOL

its so informative ,...Thank you so much pal...Hug

Sweet24sukhi...

sukhi...

IF-Sizzlerz

sukhi...

Posted: 17 June 2012 at 7:30am | IP Logged
Amazing post...realy its very informative, i loved it...thank u soo much for sharing...Hug

Sweet24vanadhi

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 17 June 2012 at 9:30am | IP Logged
thank u vanadhi and sukhi, for reading thisSmile
Well I think most of u, already know about this. But I posted, as the current track is going about this. Next Saturday , I will post interesting story Big smile

vanadhisukhi...

sukhi...

IF-Sizzlerz

sukhi...

Posted: 17 June 2012 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sweet24

thank u vanadhi and sukhi, for reading thisSmile
Well I think most of u, already know about this. But I posted, as the current track is going about this. Next Saturday , I will post interesting story Big smile
Shreya our mythos are so vast dat jinta bhi janlu utna hi kam hain and the curiosity never ends...
wl wait for ur nxt post...Smile

Sweet24vanadhi

flamingo_aries

IF-Dazzler

flamingo_aries

Posted: 18 June 2012 at 12:14am | IP Logged
hey thanks for the stories...u always come up wid  new unusual storiesClap...waiting for ur next  weekend kathas...Thumbs Up...Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Sweet24vanadhisukhi...

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 23 June 2012 at 2:16am | IP Logged
hello frndsSmile
How was ur weekend?Smile

Well, today I will portray u a story of Shiv's daughter Narmada. Shiv always have a behavior of giving. He always show pity towards humans. That's why he is bholenath. 

Birth of Narmada
(Om narmade har)
Once upon a time, when Shivji was doing penance in invisible form. From his body, sweat come out, this sweat takes the form of a girl named Narmada. Narmada is also called as Shankari  i.e., daughter of Shankar(Lord Shiva)

When Shiv open his eyes, he told Narmada to stay here for the betterment of the people. He also says that since a father have a special love for his daughter he will stay here. 

Rewa is another name of her. The river was mentioned by Ptolemy in the Second century AD as Namade and by the author of the Periplus. The Ramayana, the Mahabharat, and thePuranas refer to it frequently. The Rewa Khand of Vayu Purana and the Rewa Khand of Skanda Purana are entirely devoted to the story of the birth and the importance of the river, and hence Narmada is also called the Rewa.

The source of the Narmada is a small tank, known as the Narmada Kund, located on the Amarkantak hill[6] (1,057 m (3,467.8 ft)), in the Anuppur District zone of the shahdol of eastern Madhya Pradesh. 
It is believed that just a sight of the river cleanses all sins. 

The worship of Shiva is common in these areas, and each stone or pebble found in the bed of the Narmada is believed to be a Shivalinga. Places along the banks—Omkareshwar, Maheshwar, and Mahadeo—are all named after Shiva.
The Ganga is believed to visit this river once a year, in the guise of a black cow to cleanse herself of all her collected sins.

Edited by Sweet24 - 23 June 2012 at 2:47am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Debralemoreflamingo_ariesvanadhiStrawbellasukhi...The.Patthaaka.

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 23 June 2012 at 2:40am | IP Logged
Narmada is the  fifth largest river in the Indian subcontinent. It is the third largest river that flows entirely within India, after the Ganges and the Godavari. It forms the traditional boundary between North India and South India and flows westwards over a length of 1,312 km (815.2 mi) before draining through the Gulf of Cambey (Khambat) into the Arabian Sea, 30 km (18.6 mi) west ofBharuch city of Gujarat. It is one of only three major rivers in peninsular India that run from east to west (largest west flowing river), along with the Tapti Riverand the Mahi River. 

All along the river, one will be always close to teak jungles. Apart from teaks, India's best hardwood forests are found in the Narmada river basin and they are much older than the ones in the Himalayas. 

All the pebbles rolling on its bed are said to take the shape of his emblem with the saying, "Narmada Ke Kanker utte Sankar" (a popular saying in the Hindi belt of India), which means that 'pebble stones of Narmada get a personified form of Shiva'. These lingam shaped stones (cryptocrytalline quartz), called Banalinga also called (Banashivalingas) are much sought after for daily worship by the Hindus. 

Narmada is also said to have been in love with the Sonbhadra, another river flowing on the Chota Nagpur Plateau.

Omkareshwar temple on the banks of Narmada river

Important religious places and Ghats along the course of the river, starting from its origin at Narmadakhund at Amarkantak hill, are a) the Amarkantak (in Sanskrit: Neck of Shiva) or Teertharaj (the King of Pilgrimages), b) OmkareshwarMaheshwar, and Mahadeo temples, Nemawar Siddeshwar Mandir in the middle reach of the river – all named after Shiva, c) Chausath Yogini (sixty four yoginis) temple, d) Chaubis Avatar temple, e) Bhojpur Shiva temple and Bhrigu Rishi temple in Bharuch. The Narmada River is also worshipped as mother goddess by Narmadeeya Brahmins.

A scenic view of Maheshwar on the banks of Narmada

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Debralemoreflamingo_ariesvanadhiStrawbellasukhi...The.Patthaaka.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top