Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Saturday Story (updated on pg 38 ) (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 39

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 16 June 2012 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Today I will narrate u the scene of Parvati, Shiv and Kamdev, when Kamdev hit Shivji 
hope u will Like it.

The scene start from this:

Devas said:  O Madana(Kaamdev), you are capable of always conquering us. (But) go immediately to Mahesa for accomplishing the task of Suras. Unite Sambhu with Parvati, O highly intelligent one.

On being requested thus by Devas, Madana, the enchanter of the universe, went away (from that place) immediately in the company of celestial damsels.Then all these celestial damsels came there, viz. Rambha, Urvasi, Punjikasthali, Sumloca, Misrakesi, Subhaga and Tilottama. There were others also to render different kinds of assistance to Madana.

These damsels were seen by Ganas (attendants of Siva) along with Madana.

All the Ganas were suddenly enchanted by Madana. Rambha (was approached) by Bhrngi, Urvasi by Canda, Menaka by Virabhadra and Pujikasthali by Canda(?). Tilottama and others were surrounded by the Ganas then, who had become mad and abandoned all shame although they were high-minded and learned.

The whole of the earth was pervaded by cuckoos, though it was not the proper season (i.e. the spring).

Asoka, Campaka, mangoes, Yuthis (jasmine), Kadambas (Nanclea Cadamba), Nipas (Ixoma Bandhucca), Priyalas (Buchamania Latifolia), Panasas (jak fruit trees), Rajavrksas, Carayanas (?), vine creepers, and Nagakesaras (Mesua Roxburghii), plantains, Ketakis (Pandanus Odoratissimus) etc. -- all these trees were in full bloom and they were rendered beautiful by bees.

By the contact of Madana Kalahamsakas (swans became intoxicated in the company of female swans, he-elephants with she-elephants and peacocks with peahens. Though all these had been free from lust due to the qualities arising from contact with Siva, they now became excited.

The highly refulgent Nandi, the son of Sailada and of immeasurable (infinite) valour, pondered over this: Why have these become so all of a sudden? This must be the working of Raksasas or of gods.

In the meantime Madana took up his bow and fixed five arrows to it, O Brahmanas. He resorted to the shade of a Devadaru tree.

Edited by Sweet24 - 16 June 2012 at 10:26am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Debralemoreramki1flamingo_ariesvanadhisukhi...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Saturday Story (updated on pg 38 ) (Page 6)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 16 June 2012 at 10:38am | IP Logged
 He saw Sambhu performing his penance. The Lord was seated on an excellent seat. He was the lord of all Pamamesthins (creators).   Madana was desirous of piercing the fierce ascetic Mahesa, very difficult of access and the most excellent among highly refulgent ones. 
In the company of Madhava (spring) he was about to hit Siva with his arrow when Girija, the mother of the universe, came there. She was surrounded by her friends. She approached Sada Siva, the most auspicious of all auspicious ones, for the sake of worship.

She placed a garland of golden flowers on Nilakantha. At that time she had a rare splendour. She appeared very beautiful with white rays (diffused all round). The mother of all people looked (lovingly) at the handsome face of Siva. Then her eyes bloomed and expanded widely as she smiled.

At that time Sambhu was hit and pierced with the arrow called Mohana ('the Enchanter') suddenly. On being hit, Sambhu opened his eyes slowly. The lord saw Girija like the ocean viewing the digit of the moon.

She had a beautiful delightful face. Her lips were like the Bimba fruit (Momordica Monadelplia). Her eyes brightened with her smile. Her teeth were fine and excellent. She appeared as though she had come out of fire (i.e. she was resplendent). She had a slender body with a beautiful and wide face. Gauri had all the signs of pleasure (within). She was capable of enchanting the entire universe. It was she who created the three worlds along with Brahma and others. Making use of the qualities of Rajas, Sativa and Tamas, she caused the origin, sustenance and annihilation (of the worlds). That enchanting goddess, the sole cause of auspiciousness of all auspicious things, was seen in front by Hara who was awakened.

On seeing Girija, the sanctifier of all the worlds, lord Bhava became fascinated. At her sight he was afflicted by Madana. Siva's eyes suddenly became expanded due to surprise.
The lord of the universe, the lord of Devas (began) to look around. With the mind pained much, Sada Siva said thus:

"I am engaged in penance. I am devoid of blemishes. Yet how was I enchanted by this girl? Whence, why and by whom was this done causing my displeasure ?"

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Debralemoreflamingo_ariesvanadhisukhi...

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 16 June 2012 at 10:45am | IP Logged

Then Sambhu looked in all directions earnestly. Madana was seen by him in the south with the bow lifted up. The god of Love bent his bow like a circle; kept it ready, drawn in order to pierce and wound Sada Siva. But by the time he was able to discharge the arrow, O Brahmanas, he was stared at by Mahesa angrily.

He was looked at with the third eye by the greatest lord.

Madana was instantly encircled by clusters of flames. There was a loud wailing among Devas who stood there watching.

Devas said:

O Mahadeva, lord of Devas, be the bestower of boons on Devas. It was to help Girija that Madana had been sent now.

In vain was Madana of great lustre burned by you. It is by you alone, the sole kinsman of the universe, that the task of Suras should be carried out by means of your great splendour. O lord Sambhu, (a son) will be born of her and by him alone can our objective be achieved. O Mahadeva, Devas are very much afflicted by Taraka.

For that purpose grant life unto this (Madana) and woo Girija, O lord of exalted fortune. (Please) be capable of accomplishing the task of Devas. All of us, the heaven-dwellers, were protected by you from the  demon in the shape of an elephant. O Lord of everyone. This Madana came here for accomplishing the task of Suras. Hence he should be protected. That will be a great help to us (also). Without him, O Sankara, the entire universe will be ruined. How can you also be devoid of Kama (Love)? Let this be pondered over by your own intellect.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Debralemoreramki1flamingo_ariesvanadhisukhi...

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 16 June 2012 at 10:54am | IP Logged

Then Maheshvara who was overwhelmed by anger, spoke to Devas: "You must all be without Kama. It cannot be otherwise.

It was when Kama was kept at the head, that all the Devas including Vasava had a fall from their positions. They were overwhelmed by misery and became wretched.

Certainly Kama is the cause of a fall into hell in the case of all living beings. This Ananga ('Bodiless one') is an embodiment of misery; understand what I say. Taraka too whose conduct of life is very bad will be devoid of Kama. How can a man commit a sin without Kama? Hence for the sake of peace 'and calmness unto everyone, Kama was burned by me. Let the mind be directed towards penance by you all, Suras, Asuras, the great sages and other living beings. The entire universe has been rendered by me rid of love and anger. Hence I will not resuscitate this sinner, the cause of misery, O Suras; keep waiting for that sole form which is not other than (you all), which yields spiritual pleasure and enlightenment and which is characterized by bliss. It is difficult to gauge its depth."

On being told thus by Sambhu, all the great sages spoke to Sankara, the benefactor of all the worlds:

"What has been said by Your Honour, O Sambhu, is indeed exceedingly conducive to our welfare. But we shall say (something) which may be listened to attentively and comprehended fully.

This universe was permeated by Kama and Krodha (anger) even while it was being created. Indeed the whole of it is in the form of Kama. That Kama is not killed.

O Mahadeva, it was by Kama that the four (aims in life) named Dharma (virtue), Artha (wealth), Kama (love) and Moksa (salvation) have been given a single (composite) form. That Kama is not killed.

It was by Kama that the universe of the nature of everything from Brahma to an immobile being has been united together. How was that Kama, very difficult to be tackled indeed, burned by you?

Edited by Sweet24 - 16 June 2012 at 10:54am

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 16 June 2012 at 11:08am | IP Logged
The universe decays and declines due to Kama. The universe is protected and sustained by Kama. The universe is produced by Kama. Hence Kama is very powerful.

It is from Kama that the fierce Krodha (anger) takes its origin. You yourself have been won over by Krodha. Hence, O Mahadeva, it behoves you to resuscitate Kama.

Indeed, O lord, the mighty Madana has been brought under control by you. Only a man of power can exercise his power because of being powerful."

Though he was entreated thus by the sages, Shivji's anger became doubled. He became desirous of burning (everything) by means of his third eye.
Sada Siva was bowed to and eulogized by the sages, Caranas, Siddhas and Ganas.
On account of his anger, after burning Madana and leaving off that mountain named Himavan, he vanished immediately.

The lofty-minded goddess Girija saw that the Lord had vanished and that Manmatha had been burned along with the cuckoos, mango trees, bees and Campaka flowers.

On seeing Madana burned down, Rati began to cry for a long time shedding tears. The goddess pondered over this with .great dejectedness. She was anxious as to how to win over Rudra.

After pondering over this for a long time, the chaste lady Girija fainted. Rati saw Girija whose beauty was very great, who was high-minded and crying, and spoke:

"Dear friend, do not get dejected. I shall resuscitate Madana to life. For your sake, O wide-eyed lady, by means of penance I shall propitiate, Hara, Rudra, Virapaksa, the lord of Devas, the sire of the universe. Do not be anxious, O lady of beautiful lips and buttocks. I shall revive Madana back to life."

Edited by Sweet24 - 16 June 2012 at 11:07am

Shru77

IF-Stunnerz

Shru77

Posted: 16 June 2012 at 11:12am | IP Logged
Thanx a lot...!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sweet24

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 16 June 2012 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Roxy369