Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Saturday Story (updated on pg 38 ) (Page 36)

Post Reply New Post

Page 36 of 39

-Priti11-

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 6:31am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sweet24

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Saturday Story (updated on pg 38 ) (Page 36)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 25 November 2012 at 4:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anu rulz

dear i just finished reading thru ur two threads and it was enlightening..thanx a ton for the wonderful stories and information..God Bless you..

thank u Big smile

I just want to give a good and correct story. 

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 25 November 2012 at 4:34am | IP Logged
Ganesh Birth Story

One day Parvati, Shiva's beloved wife, instructed Shiva's attendant Nandi not to let anyone in while she was taking a bath. A little later Shiva arrived wishing to enter. Nandiwas in a dilemma as how to stop his master. Shiva entered Parvati was not ready to receive him. She was upset and wondered why Nandi had not obeyed her command. She complained to Shiva but Shiva did not take the matter too seriously. He was amused to hear that Parvati had asked Nandi to stop him from entering his own home. Parvati was annoyed. She shared her feelings with her friends. They teased Parvati by saying that she had no attendant of her own. They all considered Shiva their true master.

One of Parvati's friends came up with the idea to create a person who would owe his first allegiance to Parvati and not to Shiva. So Parvati gathered the saffron paste (used at the time of bathing), from her own body and created a boy. The boy was handsome and strong. She gave the boy life and hugged him dearly.

"You are my son, my very own son, I do not have anyone elseto call my very own" said Parvati. Then Parvati gave the boy a staff and asked him to guard the door, "Do not to allow any one to enter without my permission." 

Edited by Sweet24 - 25 November 2012 at 5:00am

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 25 November 2012 at 4:35am | IP Logged

A little later Shiva arrived and wondered who the boy could be and why was he there. His attendants did not know either. As Shiva approached the door, the boy stopped him. Shiva tried to explain to the boy that he was Parvati's husband and he had the right to enter without asking any one. The boy said without hesitation, "Halt, no one enters these halls without my mother's permission." When Shiva ignored him, the boy hit him with his staff. Shiva was furious. He tried to fight the young boy to realize that he was no ordinary boy. Shiva asked his attendants to capture the boy but single-handedly, the boy defeated all of them.

The boy declared, "I am the son of Parvati. I will give my life to carry out my mother's orders. No one can enter the palace without my mother's permission."

The messenger returned to Shiva and humbly informed him what the boy had said. Shiva's pride was hurt. Shiva was so angry that he sent his entire army to capture the boy.  Shiva's army lost the battle and the attendants ran for their lives. 

Shani, is a god whose eyes are powerful enough to behead one in a single glance.  So he put his glance on him. 

Shiva, unaware that this lad was his son, became furious and in great anger fought with the boy whose head got severed from his body in the ensuing battle. 

Edited by Sweet24 - 25 November 2012 at 4:35am

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 25 November 2012 at 4:38am | IP Logged

Parvati, returning from her bath, saw her headless son, and in aggrieved anguish threatened to destroy the heavens and earth. 

The gods and Shiva pacified her and the latter sent  Brahma to go North and bring the head of the first creature that crossed his path. Brahma left with his party and soon brought back the head of a strong elephant. The head was then fitted to the body of the boy and Brahma sprinkled water on it. The boy came to life with an elephant's head on his shoulder. Parvati embraced her son with joy. She then turned to Brahma to fulfill her second condition. Indra and the other gods brought Shiva to Parvati. Shiva apologized for his arrogance and declared "Hence on, this valiant boy will be my son. He will be respected as any other God and will be worshipped before any other God. He will be called Ganesh, the chief of my Ganas or attendants, and also Vigneshwar, the remover of all obstacles.

Edited by Sweet24 - 25 November 2012 at 4:41am

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 25 November 2012 at 5:00am | IP Logged
Symbolism of the events happened

Dirt is symbolic of ignorance and Shiva is symbolic of the Supreme Innocence, Peace and Knowledge. So when Ganesha obstructs the path of Shiva, this means that ignorance, which is an attribute of the head, does not recognize knowledge. Then knowledge has to overcome ignorance. This is the symbolism behind Shiva chopping off the boy's head.

And why the elephant head?

Elephant represents both gyan shakti and karma shakti. The principle qualities of the elephant are wisdom and effortlessness. The enormous head of the elephant signifies Wisdom and Knowledge. Elephants don't walk around obstacles, neither do they stop at them. They just remove them and keep walking straight on  signifying effortlessness. So, when we worship Lord Ganesha these elephant qualities within us are kindled and we take on these qualities.

Edited by Sweet24 - 25 November 2012 at 5:08am

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 25 November 2012 at 5:05am | IP Logged
His large ears - like winnowing baskets - sift truth from untruth, and recall the Vedic axiom that learning may only take place at the feet of the guru. A tantric interpretation of this idea is that learning can only take place when one has quelled the internal dialogue and learnt to listen attentively to the world as it is, rather than how one would like it to be. 

To Ganeshas trunk is attributed the quality of discrimination - the primary quality required for any kind of spiritual progression. The elephant uses its trunk to perform both delicate and brutal tasks. Ganesha's trunk may also represent the root-mantra OM.

Edited by Sweet24 - 25 November 2012 at 5:16am

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 25 November 2012 at 5:21am | IP Logged

Ganesha's big belly represents generosity and total acceptance. Ganesha's upraised hand, depicting protection, means, "Fear not , I am with you," and his lowered hand, palm facing outwards means "unending giving as well as an invitation to bow down symbolic of the fact that we will all dissolve into earth one day". Ganesha also has a single tusk which signifies one-pointedness. Even the implements Ganesha wields are symbolic. He carries in his hands, the 'Ankush' (signifies awakening) and the 'Paasa' (signifies control). With awakening, a lot of energy is released, which without proper control, can go haywire.

Edited by Sweet24 - 25 November 2012 at 5:21am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top