Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Saturday Story (updated on pg 38 ) (Page 33)

Post Reply New Post

Page 33 of 39

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 27 October 2012 at 5:23am | IP Logged
Hello to everyone, to all members of IF.

Today, I will portray the story Ganesha avatar. Ganesha is also called as Kashyap son, So what's the story behind him to take avatar, I will discuss here. Hope you all will like it.

!!Shree Ganeshaye namah!!

Ganesha as Kashyap-Nandan
There lived a pious Rishi named Rudraketu, with his wife Shaaradaa, in Vaan kingdom on the banks of the Gangaa River. They had no children first, but they had two sons after a long time. They named them Devaantak and Naraantak. The boys were handsome and brave. They were the devotees of Shiv and they got a boon from him that none - whether he be a god, angel, human, demon, or animal could kill them. Thus they became invincible and started conquering the world. Naraantak became the Lord of the nether worlds and Devaantak won the Heavens. Soon the normal equilibrium of the world got upset.

Aditi Penance

One day Aditi requested her husband Kashyap Jee, "I have all the Devtaa as my sons, but I wish to have the Almighty as my son too, so that I can love Him as my son." Kashyap Jee asked her to worship Vinaayak. Aditi did severe penance for him and pleased him. He got pleased and gave her Var to be born as her son.

Kashyap Penance

Lord Brahma advised Kashyap,who was like a son to him,to chant the 'Aum' mantra and also explained to him the importance of it.Accordingly Kashyap worshipped Shree Ganesha by the way of Aum mantra.Pleased with the devotion,Omkar Ganesha appeared before him promised him to fulfill his desire of any kind

Overwhelmed Kashyap requested Ganesha to take birth as his child and be known as 'KashyapNanaadan'.

As Devaantak and Naraantak were disturbing the whole world, Ganesh Jee thought to incarnate as the son of Aditi, and he appeared in Kashyap's house with all his divine splendor. 

In the month of 'Magh'(January),Omkar Ganesh appeared in childform in the lap of Kashyap's wife,Aditi.Then at the age of five the thread ceremony was done.Ganesha was known by the name 'Mahotkat' who killed the demons,Devantak-Narantak and many others.

But after lapse of some period,Ganesha left for his abode at Ganeshlok. Kashyap-Aditi lost the whole interest in the life without the dear son,Mahotkat. Later on Sage Narada advised them to establish a shrine of Mahotkat and pray him. Kashyap-Aditi obeyed him and always felt that Ganesha is with them.

The dwelling(Ashram) of Kashyap-Aditi was at VarahMulam in Sri Nagar,Kashmir and this idol of Ganesha here is called 'Kashyap Nandan'.

Hope u all like this story.

Edited by Sweet24 - 27 October 2012 at 10:41am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

foram.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Saturday Story (updated on pg 38 ) (Page 33)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 27 October 2012 at 9:59am | IP Logged
Stories portrayed so far...

1) Conversation between Shiv-Parvati and himavan before marriage on pg 1.
2)  LORD BRAHMA'S BOON TO TARAKASUR on pg 2
3) Birth of Kartikeya (from Skand and Shiv Puran) on pg 3
4) Stories of Parvatiji  based on Shiv puran on pg 4
5) Scene of Parvati, Shivji and Kamdev on pg 6.
6) Narmada as Shivji's daughter story on pg 7.
7) Parvatiji ki tapasya (part 1) on pg 9
8) "                   "         (Part-2) on pg 12
9) Shivji test her devotion on pg 12-13.
10) Marraige of Shiv-Parvati (Part-1) on pg 14 
11) "             "                 "     (Part-2) on pg 15
12) Trigunarayan temple- place of Marriage on pg 18.
13)  Concepts of their marriage on pg 21.
14)Veerbadra Previous birth story on pg 22.
15) Stories related to Shiv-ratri on pg 23.
16) Mahishasur Story on pg 23-24.
17) Understanding Aadi-Parashakti on pg 26.
18)  Bhima-Shankar Jyotirlinga  and Tripurasura on pg 28.
19)  Kartikeya Intelligence on pg 29.
20) War between Soorpadma and Kartik on pg 30.
21) Lord Ayyeppa , Bhasmasur and Mahishi on pg 30-31.
22) Formation of 3 Shivlings named  Pratigyeshwar, Kapaleshwar and Kumareshwar by Kumar,          Kiling of Banasur and Pralamb on pg 32
23) Ganesha as Kashyap-Nandan on pg 33.
24) Why Ganeshji and Lakshmi are worshiped together? on pg 33

Edited by Sweet24 - 04 November 2012 at 3:35am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Debralemoreforam.

foram.

IF-Stunnerz

foram.

Posted: 27 October 2012 at 11:13am | IP Logged
once again thanx for this beautiful stories.

Sweet24

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 27 October 2012 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by foram.

once again thanx for this beautiful stories.

ur most welcome dear, I just want to make record which stories i have included in this topic. so I did that.

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 03 November 2012 at 6:03am | IP Logged

Why Ganesh and Lakshmi are worshiped together?

Story of King and Saint 
Once, a sage wished to have the comforts and luxury as of king. So, he stated meditating to please Goddess Lakshmi. Pleased by the worship, Goddess fulfilled his wish. After getting the boon, saint reached the court of king and sat on the thrown. He threw the crown of king.

King saw a poisonous snake running out of the crown. King felt happy that the saint saved his life. Similarly, once the saint asked all the courtiers to run out of the palace and then the palace fell down to shambles. King again praised him and the sage became proud.

One day he removed the idol of lord Ganesha from a classroom. Some other day, saint asked kings to remove his Dhoti. King immediately followed order but, there was no snake found in this. So, the king became angry. He order the to get the saint imprisoned in the cell. Saint started worshiping Goddess Lakshmi in the cell. Goddess came in his dream and said him that h removed the idol of lord Ganesha who is the God of wisdom. "You made him angry so he took away your wisdom"

Saint realised his mistake and worshiped lord Ganesha. God was pleased and so he removed the anger of king. This way saint got back his position. Hence it is said that wisdom is very important for wealth. Therefore, intelligence and money is worshipped on Diwali in the form of Goddess Lakshmi and lord Ganesha.

Edited by Sweet24 - 04 November 2012 at 3:33am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

praman1234mnx12

praman1234

Groupbie

praman1234

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 8:20am | IP Logged
Thanks now i got the answer  why goddess lakhsmi and god ganesha are worshiped together. I always wondered this thing for long time

Sweet24

shivamala

IF-Dazzler

shivamala

Posted: 04 November 2012 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Thanks for the wonderful story. Love to read more. Due to this show  and writing form people  like you has improved my knowledge of mythology, and its getting better each time I read these stories. Once again thank you.

Sweet24

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 06 November 2012 at 12:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shivamala

Thanks for the wonderful story. Love to read more. Due to this show  and writing form people  like you has improved my knowledge of mythology, and its getting better each time I read these stories. Once again thank you.

Thanks a lot 4 appreciating dr, Ur likes and comments shows me that ur reading this stories.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top