Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Saturday Story (updated on pg 38 ) (Page 29)

Post Reply New Post

Page 29 of 39

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 14 September 2012 at 11:12am | IP Logged

Vishnu and the other gods then went to Shiva and began to pray to him. When Shiva appeared, they told him that the demons had now become evil and should be destroyed. They had even stopped worshipping Shiva's linga.

Shiva agreed to destroy Tripura. Vishvakarma was the architect of the gods. Shiva called Vishvakarma and asked him to make a suitable chariot, bow and arrow. The chariot was made entirely out of gold. Brahma himself became the charioteer and the chariot was speedly driven towards Tripura. The gods accompanied Shiva with diverse weapons.

By then a thousand years had passed so that the three forts had become a single Tripura. 

Chariot was made of earth. Wheel was made of sun and moon. Lord Vishnu himself became arrow of Shiva's arch and the lord Bramha drove chariot. 

It is said that when the chariot became to fall, Parvatiji stop it and take the charge of holding chariot through her powers. 

Shiva installed a divine weapon known as pashupata into his arrow and shot it at Tripura. The arrow burnt up Tripura into ashes in a split second. While the celebrations were going on, the shaven-heads religious teachers arrived. What are we supposed to do now? they asked.

Brahma and Vishnu told them to go and live in the desert. The last of the four eras was kaliyuga and in kaliyuga, evil would reign supreme. When kaliyuga arrived, they were to come back and begin their teaching afresh.

Lord Shankar in the form of a huge hunk (Virat) was very tired. In order to get some rest, He settled here on the high area of the Sahyadri mountains sweat started pouring down from His huge body in thousands of streams. It all joined together and collected in a pond or Kund. The river that started from there is known as Bhima, which can be seen even today.

Devotees then prayed to Bhimakaya Rudra thus: "In order to save the good people, reside here forever". Bholenath listened to the devotees and stayed there as a JyotirLinga forever.

"There was a also a story that Vidyunmali was gifted with a glowing golden airplane which traveled to the back of the sun, and night disappeared because of the glowing effulgence of this plane. Thus the sun-god became angry, and with his virulent rays he melted the plane. This enraged Lord Siva. Lord Siva then attacked the sun-god, who fled away and at last fell down at Kasi (Varanasi), and the place became famous as Lolarka."

Parashurama was gifted the bow which was used to destroy Tripurasura by Shiva for being a great disciple. Parashurama gave it to King of Mithila, Janaka for safe-keeping. 

Edited by Sweet24 - 15 September 2012 at 1:25am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

flamingo_aries-Nymphadora-sukhi...foram.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Saturday Story (updated on pg 38 ) (Page 29)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 15 September 2012 at 12:29am | IP Logged
There are 2 reasons to tell u the story of Tripurasur once again.

1) This matches the present track.
2) Bhimashakar jyotir-linga consists of 2 stories 
   a) Tripurasur
   b) Bhima-rakshas.  

Now I will bring u the 2 part of the story. Hope u will like it.Tongue 

Edited by Sweet24 - 15 September 2012 at 1:28am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

flamingo_ariessukhi...foram.

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 15 September 2012 at 12:49am | IP Logged

There was once a demon called Bhima, whose parents were Kumbhakarna and Karkati. Demon Bhima was harassing and torturing one and all. He was hell bent in the path of destruction of Dharma. Once he asked his mother about the details of his father. His mother told him that his father Kumbhakaran is the younger brother of Ravana, the king of Lanka, who was slain by Sri Ramchandra.

"I am yet to see Lanka; I met your father on some mountains near by, and after you were born, I continued to stay here itself. After my husband was killed, only my parental place became a refuge of sorts for me. My parents are Pushkasi and Karkat. When they went to eat up Agastya the saint, he burned them to ashes with the power of his meditation and Tapas".

When he heard the story, he was at once eager to take revenge against all the divines along with Hari. He began a severe penance or Tapas, and a pleased Brahma granted him the bon of becoming a very strong man. 

He got the boon that he couldn't be beaten by man nor women.

With this new strength, he captured all the divines including Vishnu and Indra. They were in his control. After this he won a victory over the great Shiva devotee Kamarupeshwar. Kamarupeshwar did not stop his worship of Shiva even when in prison. He performed the Puja with the same devotion, observing all the procedures his wife also joined him in this.

On the other hand, Brahma and Vishnu along with all the other divines started praying Shankara and of asking for deliverance from the wicked Demon King. Shiva assured the divines and sent them home after pacifying them.

Bheema learnt from someone that Kamarupeshwar was making preparations to kill him. On hearing about this, he went straight to the prison and started inquiring into the process and aim of his worship. When he learnt the truth from the king, the wicked Demon called Lord Shiva names and insulted Him and ordered the king to worship Bheema himself instead. When Kamarupeshwar resisted, Bhemma attached the Linga with his sword. 

Before he could strike, Shiva appeared there in the form of Ardhnarishwar

A severe fight ensued in which bows, arrows, swords, axe, the disc and trident etc. were used. In the end, at the request of Narada , Lord Shankar blew a fire and burned the wicked Demon Bheema to ashes. Thus the Devas were released from their sorrows. After this, the divines who were present there, and the saints together pleaded with Lord Shankara to remain there. In view of the welfare of the world, Shiva decided to stay there in the incarnation of Bheema Shankar JyotirLinga.

Edited by Sweet24 - 15 September 2012 at 9:52am

flamingo_ariessukhi...subha2601foram.

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 15 September 2012 at 12:56am | IP Logged

Self-emanating Mahadev, in the shape of a chariot, the mountains have become the abode of BheemaShankara. It is also known as Rathachala. One Bhatirao Lakadhara (wood-cutter) used to live here. Once he was cutting some wood. Just as he struck the tree with his axe, blood started to flow from the earth. Bhatirao got scared and ran away. Soon, a crowd had gathered there. Someone brought a milk cow and made it stand there. The milk that came from the cow's udders stopped the bleeding of the earth. Surprising everyone, a glowing JyotirLinga of Shankara, emanated from the earth. People built a temple there and installed the JyotirLinga in the temple. This temple eventually came to be known as Bhima Shankara temple.

Edited by Sweet24 - 15 September 2012 at 1:29am

flamingo_ariessukhi...subha2601foram.

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 15 September 2012 at 1:48am | IP Logged
Here is the topic where I discuss various stories with u, I have seen that there is much posts to decide who is the elder son of Shivji-and mata Parvati.

Today I want to throw some light on it. When we switch to only one granth/puran/story, we limit our knowledge, but knowledge is such that is unlimited. When we read so much, then we can linked what events happens first.

There are many facts that prove that Skand was elder son,I want to discuss with u.

1)From Markedya puran, At the time of Shumbh-nishubh vath, various forms of devi came out, out one one is Kaumari- power of kumar.
Kartikey was also called Kumar.
In this, everybody is mentioned, ganesh is not mentioned. 
There is because, he was not present that time.

2)Out of 9 forms of Durga Maa, one is Skand Mata. As Skand was the first who make her mother first. No mention of Ganesh.

Edited by Sweet24 - 22 September 2012 at 10:24am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

flamingo_aries-Nymphadora-sukhi...subha2601foram.

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 22 September 2012 at 10:23am | IP Logged
3) Story that depicts the time of Ganesh birth is..

We all very well know that Parshuram(6Th avatar of Vishnu) a not only a shiv-Bhakth but also student of Shivji. He has done tapsaya of Shiv and become student of him, when he was small. He spend that learning time in Kailash only. 
His name previously was Ram, but after giving Parshu to him [ by Shivji ], his name changed - Parshuram.

When Parshuram came to kailash (after doing all shatriya-sanghar) for Shivji darshan, he was stopped by ganeshji. As both don't know each other, they emerge in fight and Parshuram broke Ganesh tooth(i.e why he called Ek-danth). 

This incidence shows the time of Ganesha birth. There is no mention of Ganesha before Parshuram in any scripture. So I am quite sure that this is time of Ganesha birth.

Kartikey/Skand is very busy. He is the senapati of all the devtas. Only that is the reason, the devsena is called his first wife(1 responsibility)  

Hope you all liked this topic
Thanku 
Shreya
:)Smile   

Edited by Sweet24 - 22 September 2012 at 10:26am

flamingo_aries-Nymphadora-sukhi...subha2601foram.

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 22 September 2012 at 10:34am | IP Logged

Read Full Story here:

According to Padma Purana, one day Parashuram, the favourite disciple of Lord Shiva came to see him at Mount Kailash. He was stopped at the door byLord Ganesh.

Lord Ganesh, the caring son, was not going to let His father's sleep get interrupted and refused to budge. Parashuram tried to push his way in, but failed. Soon the situation turned to blows. Their fight shook heaven. Sage Narada went to Kailash to find out what was the cause of this sudden turmoil. The gods who had assembled in the court of Indra wondered that was this a sign that the end was near? Sage Narada informed the gods that it was young Lord Ganesh fighting the mighty Parashuram. This shocked them and they all went to see this to believe it. They wondered that what Lila (Sport) Lord Shiva had in mind.

Meanwhile, the fight between the two valiant beings continued. Lord Ganesh used His mace and hit Parashuram, who toppled to the ground. No matter what weapons Lord Shiva's disciple used, he was unable to match Lord Ganesh's power. Then he pulled out the axe called Parshu. Lord Shiva had given him this weapon pleased with his penance. Parashuram closed his eyes and chanted the mantra of Lord Shiva and Lord Krishna, then aimed his weapon at Lord Ganesh. Our Lord heard the divine chants and with humility accepted the blow. The force of this blow broke His tusk into two pieces and Lord Ganesh shrieked in pain.

Goddess Parvati's maternal instincts knew that her son was in danger and came out to see what had happened. She was seething with anger at the sight of his broken tusk. She questioned all the gathered gods that who had the audacity to hurt her young son. When she found out who the culprit was, she decided to cut off Parashuram's arms.

Lord Shiva intervened. He tried to calm the Goddess and said that she was the universal mother. She should forgive Parashuram as he was also her son. But she was still upset and accused Shiva of favoring his disciple over his son. Lord Brahma explained that the person who is initiated by a guru, he reveres his guru just as he would revere god. Parvati asked that how Parashuram could then hurt his guru's son?

Lord Ganesh broke His silence. He said that He had taken the blow on purpose. Everyone was stunned. He said that when Parashuram silently chanted and sought the blessings of His father and Lord Krishna, He could not fight him, as He was a part of Lord Krishna too. So He took the blow on His tusk. Parvati hugged her son and said that among the many names that her son had, the name Ekadanta would be added to it. But she still felt that her son had suffered.

Edited by Sweet24 - 22 September 2012 at 10:34am

flamingo_aries-Nymphadora-subha2601sukhi...foram.

Sweet24

Goldie

Sweet24

Posted: 29 September 2012 at 7:44am | IP Logged
Kartikeya's Intelligence

"One day a brahmin, whose name was Narad came to me and requested Kartik to help him, to find his he-goat which had got lost. He told Kartik that the goat was supposed to be offered as the sacrifice.
"If the goat was not found, my vow would remain unfulfilled." Said Narad
I went in search of that goat. He found it in the Vishnuloka where it was creating nuisance . When the goat saw Kartik, it tried to attack me with its sharp horns. Kartik climbed on its back. After travelling through all the three worlds, the goat returned back to his original place. Then he climbed down from its back. Vishuji said him that :U could get this goat only after promising that u will not harm her as she has taken refuge here. Kartik agreed.
Then after: 
Narada arrived and demanded his goat. Kartik told him that his Yagya had been accomplished by my blessings and there was no need to sacrifice the poor goat. Narada - the brahmin went back satisfied.

Edited by Sweet24 - 29 September 2012 at 8:15am

Debralemoreflamingo_ariessukhi...subha2601foram.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top