Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Saturday Story (updated on pg 38 ) (Page 28)

Sweet24 Goldie
Sweet24
Sweet24

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 11:36am | IP Logged

with vishnuji goddes maha lakshmi na?
[/QUOTE]

maha lakshmi is a devi with lots of weapons where lakshmi takes lotus and pot of gold in hand 

Edited by Sweet24 - 17 September 2012 at 2:41am
shivamala IF-Dazzler
shivamala
shivamala

Posted: 07 September 2012 at 9:08pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the wonderful story.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sweet24

Sweet24 Goldie
Sweet24
Sweet24

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 3:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by foram.

omg this is the best thanx for such an valuable info about our mata shakti.
Hug

ur most welcomeSmile

foram.

The.Patthaaka. IF-Sizzlerz
The.Patthaaka.
The.Patthaaka.

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 6:56am | IP Logged
tfs shreya! 

foram.

Sweet24 Goldie
Sweet24
Sweet24

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 10:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by disha15

tfs shreya! 

ur most welcome dishaHug

foram.

ary42 Senior Member
ary42
ary42

Posted: 09 September 2012 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
well, there are many stories. and mahashakti is not a person either. 

Sweet24

Sweet24 Goldie
Sweet24
Sweet24

Posted: 14 September 2012 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Hello friends,
How r u all? 

Bhima-Shankar Jyotirlinga 
Earlier, I had posted the story of Tarakasur and Tripurasur, I have also stated that how tripurasur got ended. 
If you want to read that u can read from here:-

and I am posting of Tripurasur story once again, but it doesn't mean that I would not give u new story, I will post the new story after this.

Here it is:- 

Tarakasura had three asura sons named Vidyunmali, Tarakaksha and Viryavana (tripurasuras). These three began to perform tapasya. For a hundred years they meditated standing only on one leg. For a thousand more years they lived on air and meditated. They stood on their heads and meditated in this posture for yet another thousand years.

Brahma was pleased at this difficult tapasya. He appeared before them and said, What boon do you want? Make us immortal, answered Tarakasura's sons. I can't make you immortal, replied Brahma. I don't have the power. Ask for something else instead. Very well, then, said Viyunamali, Tarakaksha and Viryavana. Grant us the following: Let three forts be made. The first will be of gold, the second of silver and the third of iron. We will live in these forts for a thousand years. At the end of the thousand years, the forts will become one. This combined fort will be called Tripura. And if anyone can then destroy Tripura with only a single arrow that shall be the death destined for us.

This rather unusual boon Brahma granted. There was a danava named Maya who was very good at building work. Brahma asked him to build the forts. The golden fort was built in heaven, the silver one in the sky and the iron one on earth. Tarakaksha got the golden fort, Viryavana the silver one and Vidyunmali the iron one. Each of the forts was a big as a city and had many palaces and vimanas (spaces vehicles) inside.

The demons populated the three forts and began to flourish. The demigods did not like this at all. They first went to Brahma, but Brahma said he could not help them. After all, the demons had got Tripura thanks to his boon. The gods then went to Shiva for help. But Shiva said that the demons were doing nothing wrong. As long as that was the case, he did not see why the demigods were so bothered. They next went to Vishnu, who suggested that the problem was that the demons were doing nothing wrong, the solution was to persuade them to become sinners.

Edited by Sweet24 - 17 September 2012 at 2:42am

sukhi...

Sweet24 Goldie
Sweet24
Sweet24

Posted: 14 September 2012 at 11:12am | IP Logged

Out of his powers Vishnu created a man. This man's head was shaven, his clothes were faded and he carried a wooden water-pot in his hands. He covered his mouth with a piece of cloth and approached Vishnu. "What are my orders?" he asked Vishnu.

Let me explain to you why you have been created, replied Vishnu.

I will teach you a religion that is completely against the Vedas. You will then get the impression that there is no svarga (heaven) and no naraka (hell) and that both heaven and hell are on earth. You will not believe that rewards and punishments for deeds committed on earth are meted out after death. Go to Tripura and teach the demons this religion, which they are dislodged from the righteous path. Then we will do something about Tripura.

The being did as he had been asked to. He and four of his disciples went to a forest that was near Tripura and began to preach. They were trained by Vishnu himself. Therefore, their teachings were convincing and they had many converts. Even the sage Narada got confused and was converted. In fact, it was Narada who carried news of this wonderful new religion to king Vidyunmati. King, he said, there is a wonderful new teacher with a wonderful new religion. I have never heard before. I have got converted.

Since the great sage Narada had got converted. Vidyunmati also accepted the new religon. And in due course, so did Tarakaksha and Viryavana. The demons gave up revering the Vedas, they stopped worshipping Shiva's linga.

Edited by Sweet24 - 14 September 2012 at 11:17am

sukhi...

Go to top