Devon ke Dev Mahadev
Devon ke Dev Mahadev

India-Forums

Saturday Story (updated on pg 38 ) (Page 2)

Sweet24 Goldie
Sweet24
Sweet24

Posted: 26 May 2012 at 10:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bhakti2

Thanks so much - this is the perfect story for us to read with DKDM being where it is right now in track!  I love the way Parvati comes right back to Shivji with her arguments - she knows just how to get around him - good quality for future wifeLOL!

It is so nice you post the stories like this - thank you so much for giving us something nice to think on over the long weekends!

Yes dr, Mahadev bhi soch rahe honge, abhi deep meditation me jane ka accha mauka hai, fhir bad me nahi hoga unke paas! Wink 
Sweet24 Goldie
Sweet24
Sweet24

Posted: 26 May 2012 at 10:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by narangi_77

Thank you! I didn't know this is how Parvati started serving Shiva...beautiful! 

I can't wait for the Parvati-Shiva story to start!

Ur most welcome narangiSmile
sukhi... IF-Sizzlerz
sukhi...
sukhi...

Posted: 26 May 2012 at 10:55am | IP Logged
Oh Shreya, u always come wth something new love u for this. i realy hope cv's follow this story of shiv parvati. Thanks a lot for sharing...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sweet24

Sweet24 Goldie
Sweet24
Sweet24

Posted: 26 May 2012 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sukhi...

Oh Shreya, u always come wth something new love u for this. i realy hope cv's follow this story of shiv parvati. Thanks a lot for sharing...

Tongueu r welcome

Edited by Sweet24 - 26 May 2012 at 11:05am
Sweet24 Goldie
Sweet24
Sweet24

Posted: 27 May 2012 at 4:39am | IP Logged
Some more facts about this story:

LORD BRAHMA'S BOON TO TARAKASUR

After the death of Sati, Lord Shiva became aloof and engaged himself in an austere penance. His lack of interest in performing his duties resulted into the predominance of sin in the world.A demon named Tarakasur had received a boon of invincibility from lord Brahma. Only a child and nobody else could kill him. Tarakasur, being drunk with power started to torment the deities.

All the deities eulogized Lord Brahma and they heard a heavenly voice saying—

'Nobody can kill Tarakasur except Shiva's son. So you must put all your efforts to help Shiva get married.'

In course of time, Himalaya's wife, Mena gave birth to a girl child who was in fact the reincarnation of Sati. The girl child was named Girija.Girija was brought up with great love and care. When she attained the age of eight, Himalaya once took her to the cave where Lord Shiva was doing penance. Initially, Shiva was little hesitant to meet Himalaya because Girija was accompanying her father and he had vowed never to put his glance on any woman after the death of Sati. But, Later on he relented and allowed both of them to meet him whenever they liked. Now, Girija made it her habit to visit Lord Shiva regularly. She used to look after all the needs of Shiva while he was engrossed in his penance.

Even after the passage of a long time the deities' wishes did not look like getting fulfilled, as Shiva remained as nonchalant as ever. So, the deities requested Kamadeva's help in sowing the seeds of love and passion in Shiva's heart.Kamadeva went to the place where Lord Shiva was doing his penance. He tried to sow seeds of compassion in Shiva's heart only to receive his wrath. Lord Shiva was infuriated by the efforts of Kamadeva. He opened his third eye as the result of which Kamadeva was charred to death.Rati started wailing inconsolably at the death of her husband but Girija assured her that she would try to bring Kamadeva back to life.Girija commenced her penance to please Lord Shiva. There was a great turmoil in the world on account of her penance. Lord Vishnu led the deities to Shiva and requested him to marry Girija so that the world could be protected from the torments of Tarakasur. Finally, Shiva gave his conscent and went to the place where Girija was doing penance.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DebralemoreNST1983vanadhishali

Sweet24 Goldie
Sweet24
Sweet24

Posted: 27 May 2012 at 4:42am | IP Logged
I would like to thanks to all the people who read , like and comment on this topic.
Thank u all for this. It is only you who appreciates the story.

Thank you.
Shreya

Edited by Sweet24 - 27 May 2012 at 4:57am

vanadhi

sohiniluvsmusic Goldie
sohiniluvsmusic
sohiniluvsmusic

IF Idol Winner

Posted: 27 May 2012 at 6:18am | IP Logged
Awsm story of shiv-parvati!!thanks alot for sharing shreya:-)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Sweet24vanadhi

vanadhi IF-Dazzler
vanadhi
vanadhi

Posted: 27 May 2012 at 7:51am | IP Logged
Nice story thank s for sharing  ...Hug

Sweet24

Go to top