u r always welcome dr 
Sweet24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Understanding the Shiv Aarti

1) Jai Shiv Onkara Har Shiv Onkara,
Brahma Vishnu Sadashiv Arddhagni Dhara.
Om hara hara Mahaadevaa'

Meaning: Glory to you, O Shiva! Glory to you, O Omkaara! May Brahma, Vishnu and the assembly of other gods, including the great Lord Shiva, relieve me of my afflictions!

2) Ekanan Chaturanan Panchanan Rajai,
Hansanan Garudasan Vrishvahan Sajai.
Om hara hara Mahaadevaa'

Meaning: Being the Absolute, True being, Consciousness and Bliss, you play the roles of all the three Gods ' Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. As Vishnu, you have but one face, as Brahma four and as Shiva five. They gladden the sight of all who behold them. As Brahma you prefer the back of the swan for your seat, as Vishnu you like to ensconce yourself on the back of Garuda (A large mythological eagle ' like bird believed to be the vehicle of Lord Vishnu) and as Shiva you make the sacred bull your conveyance; all these stand ready. O Great Lord, pray rid me of my afflictions!
Edited by Sweet24 - 11 years ago
Sweet24 thumbnail
3) Do Bhuj Char Chaturbhuj Das Bhuj Te Sohai,
Tinon Roop Nirakhta Tribhuvan Jan Mohai.
Om hara hara Mahaadevaa…

Meaning: As Brahma, you possess two arms, as Vishnu four and as Shiva (Dashabaahu) ten, all of which look matchlessly lovely. No sooner do the inhabitants of the three spheres behold you than they are all enchanted. O great Lord Omkaara, pray rid me of my afflictions.

4)Akshaymala Vanmala Mundmala Dhari,
Chadan Mrigmad Sohai Bhale Shashi Dhari.
Om hara hara Mahaadevaa…
Meaning: You are, O great Lord Omkaara, wearing a garland of Rudraaksha, another of forest flowers the third of skulls; your forehead, glistening in the moonlight which it holds, is smeared with sandal-paste and musk. Pray rid me of my afflictions.
Sweet24 thumbnail

5) Shvetambar Pitambar Baghambar Ange,
Sankadik Brahmadik Bhootadik Sange.
Om hara hara Mahaadevaa'

Meaning: O great Lord Omkaara, your body is attired in white and yellow silken clothes and in tiger skin, while in your company are troops of goblins, gods like Brahma and divine seers like Sanaka. Pray rid me of my afflictions.

6) Kar Men Shreshth Kamandalu Chakra Trishooldharta,

Jagkarta Jagharta Jag Palankarta.
Om hara hara Mahaadevaa'

Meaning: O great Lord Omkaara, you hold akamandalu (the mendicants water-jar) in one of your hands and in another a trident; you bring joy to all, destroy all distress and sustain the whole world. May you rid me of all my afflictions!

Sweet24 thumbnail

8) Brahma Vishnu Sadashiv Janat Aviveka,
Pranvakshar Ke Madhye Yah Tinon Eka.
Om hara hara Mahaadevaa'

Meaning: The ignorant (unwise and stupid) know Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva as three individual gods, but they are all indistinguishably fused into a single mystic syllable 'OM'. Pray rid me of my afflictions.

10) Trigun Shiv Ki Aarti Jo Koi Nar Gave,
Kahat Shivanand Swami Manvanchhit Phal Pave.
Om hara hara Mahaadevaa'

Meaning: Says Swami Shivananda, "He who recites this Arti to the Lord of the three gunas-sattva, rajas and tamas ' attains fulfillment of his heart's desire". O great Lord Omkaara, may you rid me of my afflictions.

Sweet24 thumbnail
hello friends!
how r u all?
Today I will convey the story behind the lanka- dhahan. Yes it was nandi who gave raavan the curse. So lets see this story! 

Nandi giving curse to Raavan

The ten-headed, twenty-armed mighty King Ravana defeated and looted Alaka ' the city of his step-brother and god of wealth Kubera, situated near Mount Kailash. After the victory, Ravana was returning to Lanka in the Pushpaka Vimana (the flying chariot stolen from Kubera), when he spotted a beautiful place. However, the chariot could not fly over it.

Ravana at first went to meet Shiva. Nandi the vehicle of Shiva, refused to let Ravana in. He asked the reason behind his chariot's inability to pass over the place. Nandi informed Ravana that his lord Shiva and Parvati were enjoying dalliance on the mountain and no one was allowed to pass.

He got annoyed and started teasing Nandi. Nandi in turn got annoyed and cursed Ravana that Lanka would be destroyed by a monkey.  In turn, Ravana decided to uproot the mountain Kailash, infuriated by Nandi's curse and his inability to proceed further. He put all his twenty arms under Kailash and started lifting it. As Kailash began to shake, a terrified Parvati embraced Shiva. However, the omniscient Shiva realized that Ravana was behind the menace and pressed the mountain into place with his big toe, trapping Ravana beneath it. Ravana gave a loud cry in pain.  

He plucked his nerves and used them as strings to compose music and sang songs praising Shiva,  Ravana sang hymns in praise of Shiva for a thousand years and is said to have done so for years until Shiva released him from his bondage.

Sweet24 thumbnail
Pleased with his resilience and devotion, Shiva gave to him the divine sword Chandrahas (Chandra-Moon, Has-laugh, literally 'the laughter of the moon' but referring to the shape formed by a crescent moon which resembles a smile). It was during this incident that he acquired the name 'Ravana', meaning "(He) Of the terrifying roar", given to him by Shiva - the earth is said to have quaked at Ravana's cry of pain when the mountain was pinned on him.

Lord Shiva had given his sword Chandrahasa with a caveat that if it was used for unjust causes, it would return to the three eyed one and Ravana's days would be numbered.

Sweet24 thumbnail
Raja Janak Birth Story

There was a King called as Nimi and was supported by his Guru Vashisht. One day Nimi thought of performing a Yagna to which Guru Vashisht agreed. Vashisht told Nimi that this Yagna must be performed as according to the strict discipline and timing of the the Yagna must be honored so as to fatch maximum benifits. Nimi agreed to it and started doing arragement for the Yagna. When the stipulated day of Yagna arrived he found Guru Vashisht missing. Raja Nimi was in fix. Now he realized if Yagna is not started exactly at the stipiluted time then it would be against Guru's order. And if in the absence of the Guru, the Yagna starts then Guru would go angry. Thinking this he had to arrivee to a dicision since Vashisht did not arrive as Muhurat time was approching. He reasoned out himself by saying that after all Vasihsta is our Guru and he would be more happy in seeing his diciple honoring his word or command rather than him. With this he went ahead with the Yagna in the absence of Guru Vashisht. He only performed required rituals but did not take anything from the YagnaVedi as prasad. Guru Vashisht arrived later some time and was furious about Nimi performing Yagna in his absence. In that spur of the moment he curse him "Hey Nimi, since you insulted me, you should be dead with immediate effect". Nimi could not belived that his Guru can say something like this . He expected some sort of appriciation for honoring the Time of the Yagna. As he found no fault with him and un-nesscesary curse from Guru Vashisht, he as well gave the same curse to his Guru. The sitiuation was that both of them falling dead were lying on the floor. The kingdom was left without any Raja and Guru which was not possible according to the social and political system of that time. Hence Rishis and Munis of nearby area gathered to make these dead bodies alive. They made Guru Vashisht to wake up thinking that Guru Vashisht in turn will make Raja Nimi alive. Although, Atman of Guru Vashisht was ready to go back to the physical frame of the Guru , Atman of Raja Nimi saw this as an apportunity to wander here and there. Atman of Raja Nimi refused to go back to the physical frame of the Nimi saying that it will not be part of that world where in selfish and timid Guru like Vashisht resides. That created a huge problem. But Rishi Munis were also very adamant of making Nimi alive. If atman of Nimi refuses to occupy Nimi's Sharir then we shall ask some other atman with out Kaya or Deha(Body) to occupy Nimi's Kaya they said. According to the Perkaya Science it is not possible to occupy any Kaya by any Atman. Kaya and Atman must be complementory to each other then only it is possible. So Rishis started hunt for the Atman without a Kya suitable for Nimi's kaya. Ultimatly they obtained it but for that they had to make Nimi's body suitable for that Atman.Then only the Vedehi Atman could be restored to Nimi's dead body. Since body of the Nimi was made suitable to the Vedehi Atman the dead body was named as Janak as it has given a place for an Atman and since Vedehi Atman was installed in the dead body it was called as Vedehi Raja Janak.

Sweet24 thumbnail
Raja Janak was shown as King of the Mathila. Mith+Ila is Mithila. Mith is what we refer as Mithya that is illusory. Mith means illusory or that does not exists in reality. Ila means Atman. So Mithila menas a illusion of Atman when there is no real Atman. This qualifies as Physical frame of the Raja Janak that has a Atman of some one else but not its own Jivatmas. hence illusion of Atman. This means that Mithila means Ved Vyas wanted to tell Physical Frame of the Raja Janak.

The Guru-Shishya killing each other is nothing but the practice of the YogSadhana regularly done by the Sadhak under the guindence of the Guru. Sometimes it so happens that the Atman goes out of physical frame leaving the physical frame. This Avastha is called as Samadhee Avastha. One can go into the Samadhee Avastha and come back to the normal exisitence if guided by the proper Guru. The Samadhee Avastha is obtained by regular practice of meditation and Chakra Bhedan. 
foram. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
wow never heard about this story nandi giving curse,
thanx for this stories