Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: coolfizzy

wow...

beautiful story it z :)

thank u so much๐Ÿ˜Š
foram. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
wow thanks for the info about how it is celebrated in diff community. and you wrote right about jains. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
Sweet24 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: foram.

wow thanks for the info about how it is celebrated in diff community. and you wrote right about jains. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

thank u so much dr. It makes us happy when the work is appreciated๐Ÿ˜Š
Sweet24 thumbnail

Hello friends,

Today I will depict the story behind the mahabaleshwar jyotirlinga 

Ganesha and the Atmalinga

The asura king Ravana was an ardent devotee of Lord Siva. The God's attained immortality and invincibility by worshiping a divine linga  called "AtmaLinga". The Lanka king Ravana wanted to attain immortality as well. So he was bent upon obtaining the AtmaLinga.  Since the AtmaLinga belonged to Lord Shiva, Ravana worshiped Shiva with great deal of devotion. Pleased by his prayers, Lord Shiva appeared before him and asked him what he wanted ?

Ravana requests the AtmaLinga as his boon. Lord Shiva agreed to give him the boon with a condition that it should never be placed on the ground. If the AtmaLinga was ever placed on the ground, all the powers would return to Lord Shiva again. Having obtained his boon, Ravana started back on his journey to Lanka.  The Deva's on the other hand were worried that the Athma Linga would add to the might of Ravana & that he could never be destroyed if he succeeded in taking the Aathma Linga to Lanka.  They prayed to Lord Ganesha for help. Lord Ganesha came to their rescue and promised to help them.

Edited by Sweet24 - 11 years ago
Sweet24 thumbnail
Ganesha caused Ravana's stomach to be filled with water.  As Ravana was nearing a place called Gokarna, he felt tired and wanted to answer the nature's call but was worried because with the AtmaLinga in his hands. At this time, Lord Ganesh in the disguise of a Brahmin boy passed by. Seeing him, Ravana requested him to hold the AtmaLinga until he performed his rituals, and asked him not to place it on the ground.

Ganesha struck a deal with Ravana and declared that he could not wait for long & when he grew tired, he would call out Ravana's name thrice & if he did not come & take the Lingam, he would place it on the ground & go away. Ravana agreed. As soon as Ravana left Ganesha in no time called him thrice and has per the deal he had already placed the AtmaLinga on the ground. 

Sweet24 thumbnail

Seeing the Linga on the ground an enraged Ravana started chasing the boy to hit him on his head. Lord Ganesha showed his true form. The Ganesha statue in the temple has a hollow on the head, where Ravana is supposed to have struck him Ravana, realizing that he had been tricked, got really angry and tried to uproot and destroy the but could not. 

In spite of using his twenty hands, he could not budge the Linga. Though the Linga could not be moved, the pressure from Ravana's hands had changed its shape like the ear of a cow & hence the place came to be called Kokarnam (Ko-cow, karnam-ear). The linga came to be called Mahabaleswara since it could not even be shifted by the mighty Ravana (maha-great, balam-power, Eswara-Lord Siva).  Then he decided to destroy the covering of the AtmaLinga, and threw the case covering it to a place called Sajjeshwara, 23 miles away. Then he threw the lid of the case to a placed called Guneshwara (now Gunavanthe) and Dhareshwara, 10-12 miles away. Finally, he threw the cloth covering the AtmaLinga to a placed called Mrideshwara in Kanduka-Giri (Kanduka Hill). 

Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
dear i just finished reading thru ur two threads and it was enlightening..thanx a ton for the wonderful stories and information..God Bless you..
wow just wow i am speechless dear..
thanky so much for sharing these awesoome mytho..stories...๐Ÿ‘
Sweet24 thumbnail

Originally posted by: anu rulz

dear i just finished reading thru ur two threads and it was enlightening..thanx a ton for the wonderful stories and information..God Bless you..

thank u ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I just want to give a good and correct story. 
Sweet24 thumbnail
Ganesh Birth Story

One day Parvati, Shiva's beloved wife, instructed Shiva's attendant Nandi not to let anyone in while she was taking a bath. A little later Shiva arrived wishing to enter. Nandiwas in a dilemma as how to stop his master. Shiva entered Parvati was not ready to receive him. She was upset and wondered why Nandi had not obeyed her command. She complained to Shiva but Shiva did not take the matter too seriously. He was amused to hear that Parvati had asked Nandi to stop him from entering his own home. Parvati was annoyed. She shared her feelings with her friends. They teased Parvati by saying that she had no attendant of her own. They all considered Shiva their true master.

One of Parvati's friends came up with the idea to create a person who would owe his first allegiance to Parvati and not to Shiva. So Parvati gathered the saffron paste (used at the time of bathing), from her own body and created a boy. The boy was handsome and strong. She gave the boy life and hugged him dearly.

"You are my son, my very own son, I do not have anyone elseto call my very own" said Parvati. Then Parvati gave the boy a staff and asked him to guard the door, "Do not to allow any one to enter without my permission." 

Edited by Sweet24 - 11 years ago