Saturday Story (updated on pg 38 ) - Page 24

Posted: 11 years ago
thnx for sharing..ppl try to pollute character of dietities by including human attributes in story
thanks for sharing i like this story very much don know why ðŸ˜†
Shreya, thank u so much for sharing dis story... lovely!! ðŸ¤—
Well, I think the lord Ayyeppa is none another than the avatar of Kartikeya. As ganeshji also has taken many avatars so he is also an avatar only.  Edited by Sweet24 - 11 years ago
nice story...thanks for sharing...

Originally posted by sukhi...

Shreya, thank u so much for sharing dis story... lovely!! ðŸ¤—

🤗ur welcome
Originally posted by chai2k7

nice story...thanks for sharing...

ur welcome

Originally posted by vanadhi

thanks for sharing i like this story very much don know why ðŸ˜†

😃
Formation of 3 Shivlings named  Pratigyeshwar, Kapaleshwar and Kumareshwar by Kumar

While the deities hailed the glory of Kartikeya for having killed Tarakasur, Kartikeya himself was saddened by his act. He told the deities 'I regret for having killed Tarakasur because he was a great devotee of Lord Shiva. Is there any way to atone for my sin?'

Lord Vishnu consoled him 'Killing a wicked person, who nourishes himself on the blood of innocent people, is not a sinful deed. But, still, if you feel guilty then there is no better way to atone for your sin than worshipping Lord Shiva. Install Shivalingas and worship them with deep devotion.' Kartikeya instructed Vishnukarma to make three divine Shivalingas. Later on Kartikeya installed these Shivalingas at three different places and worshipped them with appropriate rituals. In course of time these three holy places came to be known as Pratigyeshwar, Kapaleshwar and Kumareshwar. Kartikeya, while worshipping at Kapaleshwar sprinkled holy water on the Shivalinga and prayed so that Tarakasur's soul rested in peace. He also offered sesame seeds to lord Kapaleshwar and prayed. 

'May my offerings made in the form of sesame seeds reach Tarak the descendant of Sage Kashyap.'

This way, Kartikeya was absolved of his sins.

Edited by Sweet24 - 11 years ago

As Skanda was remorseful to have killed Mahishasura, Vishnu advised Kartikeya to atone, if the boy's conscience was hurting, to perform Tirtha Yatra and take bath in the Pradyuka Sarovara which like a Kuthaara or axe would demolish his sins especially of committing of the murder of a cousin brother. Vishnu further advised Skanda that he could as well secure his father Shankara's darshan there. As advised Kumara did the Tirtha Yatra, secured Maheswara's darshan as also the boon of bestowing Shakti to cut off the thousand hands of Banasura. 

Fight Between Kumar and Banasur

The mountain - Kraunch, who was tormented by the activities of the demon named Banasur, went to Kartikeya and narrated his woeful tales.

Kartikeya threw his weapon - Shakti in the direction which Banasur lived. The weapon banged right on target and returned back to him. Banasur was burnt to ashes. Kraunch went back being very pleased. 

Edited by Sweet24 - 11 years ago