Saturday Story (updated on pg 38 ) - Page 8

Posted: 11 years ago

It had always been thought that the highest achievement in asceticism was to subsist only on leaves that fall naturally from the trees; but even that she spurned. The leaves remained on the ground. Hence, the name "Aparna", which those who know history gave to this gently-speaking lady: A-parna, that is to say, "the one who refuses even leaves".

Though her body was as delicate as the stem of the lotus, she submitted it to all these exhausting ordeals day after day and night after night, thereby going much further than anchorites with hardened frames.

Originally posted by disha15

Thanks for this week's story! ðŸ¤—was luking fwd to reading it.

So Kaamdev is referred to as cupid in some places? (ol the wings' jokes will have to b forgiven 🤔)

It was interesting to know bout the changes Parvati brought to her surroundings while she was doing tapasya.

hey thanks disha, I have included two versions, first in short very common and second her tap was described in detail. 

ya kamdev is called as cupid😆
Edited by Sweet24 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Nandiniraizaada

Wow lovely story😊

thank u nandini😃

Vow shreya ,Great Update.

I always like to hear the ,story behind the name Aparna. Even hearing this name itself , clean all the impurities in us  .But our cvs are Stating Parvati with  born Impurities😕.

Thanks for sharing ðŸ¤—

I like to add one more point about the Bronze Idol picture(my wallpaper 😊) u have posted  here .
I HIndu Scriptures no Women is described as bare shoulders ..But MOst of the Sculptures and Statues of Parvati is done in this manner upto 12 centh  to Indicate  her as a Great Female Hermit . Its a symbol for her great austerity  .
But after Mohamadians attack and ill comments over such works , THe later renounced temples are filled up  with Statues of Parvati having upper cloths like other women goddesses.But still one can witness such wonderful statues in south Indian temples (Notably cholas bronze Idols and Chalukians Works ).

thanks 4 adding this dr🤗, i don't know about that previously. ðŸ˜Š
PLS MDians m.facebook.com/aash.mishra.1?refid=5 this is d link to IF WASSUP TV ANCHOR AASHIMA MISHRA FB PROFILE . req her 4 mohit raina or mouni roy interview .
Vow...shreya, 🤗 thanks for posting such a beautiful story along with the pictures.. ðŸ˜Š

@ vanadhi thanks to u also for adding more valuable info along wid the beautiful ancient statues...lovely ðŸ¤— ðŸ˜Š
Originally posted by sukhi...

Vow...shreya, 🤗 thanks for posting such a beautiful story along with the pictures.. ðŸ˜Š

@ vanadhi thanks to u also for adding more valuable info along wid the beautiful ancient statues...lovely ðŸ¤— ðŸ˜Š

thanks sukhi🤗
Originally posted by Nandiniraizaada

Wow lovely story😊

thanks nandini🤗
Oh wow loved the story. Thank u for sharing Shreya. And the pics are amazing. Loved it!