Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sreevask thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
If a woman shoulders the responsibility of organizing a marriage function,the purpose of the function(bringing home the bride) won't be served... This is a strategic remark to defame Anandi...
Achava11 thumbnail
πŸ˜†
Originally posted by: tinoo

Quite frankly, I dont think he has put any thought to her marital status... any more than he thinks about say,  gehna's marital status.

It is we on the forum who are getting hot and bothered about it. πŸ˜†.

For him, he has met a sarpanch lady whose grandmother invited him home for dinner.
Thats it.

Since she calls everyone dadi, and bapu etc. instead of using formal in-law names "sasurji" or whatever it is quite possible that he will think she is their daughter - unmarried or not.

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜† that's rt..he hardly looks at her with the kind of feelings we want him to haveπŸ˜†she is just a sarpanch of that village and nothing more than that to him..there was a post where it was mentioned that he already has fallen for her..πŸ˜† πŸ˜†such is our desperation!πŸ˜†
surabhi01 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
lugaai  sikh family mein use kiya jaata hai jiska matlab hota hai wife .shaayad het singh yeh kehna chah rahe hon jub lugaai baraat mein jaati hai to dulhan ki tarah saj ke jaati hai
payalibm thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
 let me try if i can explain
in rajesthan ther is terms for evry specific field in their tradtion way of living

sasural  - chori means its a daughter of house be it of any one...
                   lugai - means wife - people say lugai means she is wife of some one..like dadi sa sais lugai baad mai khayge hai...it is belif of their tradition and even my father side also practice this and even me too practice this ke - we dont eat 1st before husband dosent eat...at olden times the capacity to eat was more and food always less...roti was their but vegi was never much then necessary..as rice and all can be mow in the field which can be preservd till next seasion btu vegi not...so female never use to eat bfr so that they can give as much to gents and if left then they will eat anhe tou they can mange roti wihout anything or even with achar(pickle)or even gudr or only salt or sugar with malie...anything..and then it strted kee they should eat later as food might not get less and their portion if require can be given to other male member be it child or grown up or old..1st preference is male...
so lugai in village terms as wife or bride of male or village daughter in law...
and chori is daughter of home or viallge or a person
and shiv atm is confused or know or dosent know depends upon the knowledge he has..about the traditions of village..and if he knows he choose to ignore it as it has atm no signifance for him..l8r when frindship will eb developed then ti will be impostant for him..give the guy space ...abhe tou lend keya hai..let him understand all..let him fall down in path let anandi rescue him...and then when they clsoe then lets c
-Purva- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 5
Lugai is also a generic term to refer to women. "Kya lugaaiyon ke beech mein baitha haii" " kar di na lugaiyon wali baat" in both the places the word lugai is used to mean women in general.

Not bothered about what Shiv know or understands or not, that is all conjecture on our part and CVs are quite capable of turning everything on its head as per their whims and fancies anyway, so no point wasting steam on it.
payalibm thumbnail

heth singh made a supposedly crude joke about women and their place and i didnt understand.

can someone explain please -- he said if lughai goes in baraat then she comes out a bride?

what does this mean?

lolzzz...u made me go more then 10 or 12 yrs back memory lane with this q...lolzzz...their was marige after a long spam of more then 20 years in family...my cousion bro..eldest one on our generation ,we all were geting ready to go in marige..lolzz and people in our small viallge\town were having shok and all...seeing them doing kana fusee and all..talking and making faces and specialy females around...we ask them whats hapening(as we all 14kids of our family study in hostel..so we came from hostel just to attend this marige)
grand father explaind - female never goes in marige function,what he said we couldnt belive...exctly what heith sing said..we asked him wht does it mean and he replied ke if female goes then we will come back but wihout your bhabi
we again asked - howcome... 
and he explained... female always  puts there heads where not necessary..they always complaint...they cant control their tounge and more over about the dowry...he said male..elder male in famlies use to go see the place or home and fix the marrige...thats it...females were never asked nor consulted nor knows whats going on around excpt the eldest female at home whome even male has to adrees and should tell about their moves and thinking...she the one who contols the whome home...and her belif is what evryone ahs to care for and have too also belif...right or wrong no one is allowed to utter even think .\ above that female...so he said if they attend marrige then 1st tou they will behave uperhandedly ke they from male side...and evry house has their own tradition and methods of cermony and its female parents right to do howeva they want till female is not their daughter in law..means till mangsindoor ke rasam...and lolzz.as cant control the tounge of female they will do their chapr chapr in small small rituals which can lead to some great arguments and even can stop the marrige...and what was so funyy kee..female hads to cover their faces with their dupata whic was on theri head and this covering has to eb till chest..πŸ˜†..lolzzz...so was like kese kee bahu kou lay ayaa yaa koe bahu yaa bete chalee ayee tou...lolzzz...female knows their husband face is such a big deal as they ahve to always keep tht paalllaa in front ...he was like i myself dont know how they know other members of family or how they walk or do work or serve...and many more intresting facts...but one thing which really hurted him about all this ke whats the mistake fo females...if one think they did all this then its coz they are illitrate...and we males are responsible for this uneducation of females ... and its true a female is always a the own who is enemy of other female coz she is the one who cretes hopa hopa if a female gives birth to female and not male and all...lolzz but he said his wife and our grand maa was educated and knew all this is nothing but bullshit so she was the 1st one in our town or village who let the female join the function and attend marrige..so that this can be stoped saying ke female if goes will never let marrige happen and the grrom will come empty hand and she opend the schol for female to be educated and not go thru this type of ghatiya so called traditions...so we are going and they not liking it btu as we belong to one of the major in town so they cant come in open and say anything so thts y they doing kana fusee
i dont know if i have created hopa hopa or helped any one but i wrote entirely what i listened ages ago from my grandfather..i am sorry if i ahve hurted any one feelings..i jsut wrote what i experinced...
tinoo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
@payalibm 🀣🀣🀣🀣
thank you for your grandpa's detailed explanation. It is indeed funny the way you describe it.  Okay now I get it completely! thanks once again.
payalibm thumbnail
😭

@payalibm 🀣

thank you for your grandpa's detailed explanation. It is indeed funny the way you describe it.  Okay now I get it completely! thanks once again.

hey tin-tin - its ohk buddy..i was just trying to help out...lolzz been too long this incident but i loved being in that memory lane...grndpa expired 2 yrs bfr...but it was lvly moment rembring things told by him..i exctly dosnt rmbr much as i myseklf was not that much big and seriz and mature type but i tried to rmbr whole...he was cute man with so much understanding..i just hope now we could gain more knowledge from them..as some one said in this forum who has nani or dadi..they are that geem of generation which is fading fast...and it is so true...😭
poshah thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: payalibm

tried to rmbr whole...he was cute man with so much understanding..i just hope now we could gain more knowledge from them..as some one said in this forum who has nani or dadi..they are that geem of generation which is fading fast...and it is so true...😭

so true Payal, one can learn so much from the older generation it is just that by the time youth realise the value of their advice it is many a times too late 😭
alas, gen x and y are more hooked up to their peers and films/stars [including me]

Teeya thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: DonIsback

i am confused too... someone said on forum to me that lughai mean wife.. but dadisa said that infront of shiv.. ki ghar ki lugayiya badmai khana khati hai.. so how he not suspect that anandi is married if lughai mean wife.. πŸ˜•

@tinoo i did not understand his joke at all 

not only wife but u can se ghar ki aurtein