Pavitra Rishta

The Raging Storm (ARVI) - Chpt 22 - Page 98 (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 102

Axiom

Goldie

Axiom

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 1:45am | IP Logged

Chapter 3 - And It's No Sacrifice At All [Arjun]

Deshmukh House  - Canada - Three months and four days ago

"You're breaking up with me, aren't you?" asked Ovi in a frenetic voice. She turned to face Arjun as he stood in the doorway. "You've been distant on the way back from India and now you're telling me that you have to go to London for a project? We just got back! There's someone else, isn't there?"

"Sachin really came through for us" Arjun thought sarcastically. Sachin had found a loophole in Ovi's contract that allowed her to perform her duties while still being engaged to Arjun. The only caveat was that Ovi had to be in Canada for the next four months to satisfy the terms of the agreement and she could not be married before then. Arjun heaved an excruciating sigh, drew a hand down his haggard face and replayed the last twenty four hours in his mind.

*** Ovi was so ecstatic when she came to Arjun's office that she was practically shrieking. Arjun was in the middle of calming her down when Manav, Archana and Purvi came rushing into his office to see what the commotion was about. Ovi explained how Sachin was able to help her resolve her case without penalty and, in her glee, she danced over to Arjun and neatly wrapped her arms around his neck.

Arjun promptly turned ten shades of red and quickly disentangled himself from her grasp. He moved behind his desk to put some distance in between them. Manav and Archana surrounded an elated Ovi as she rambled on about her plans for Canada and her upcoming wedding. Arjun took stock of the situation as he read the unexpressed emotions in three sets of eyes.

Manav's eyes were full of pride and relief as his daughter would have been able to fulfill her contract and still realize of her dreams of getting married. Archana's eyes were pregnant with unshed motherly tears. She was happy that her all her estranged daughter's troubles were resolved and that she could move on to the next phase of her life unburdened.

Duly ashamed, Arjun forced himself to look into Purvi's eyes. Those beautiful, fathomless, clear pools of love and hope were now discolored by misery, distrust and pain. A piercing ache Arjun never knew ravaged his heart as he saw Purvi struggle to keep her composure. He felt truly incapacitated as she stood aloof and hurting as he knew he could not console her in front of this audience.

He wanted to run to her and hold her in his arms so tightly that no one could tell where one began or the other ended. He needed to comfort her and soothe her so badly that his entire body almost declared mutiny against his mind to go to her. His beautiful flower was riddled with so much pain at that moment that he wished the earth would open up and swallow him whole for causing her one ounce of distress.

"My Purvi" he thought. "My precious girl! What have I done to you?" Arjun started to reach for her when he saw the most amazing transformation happen. Inflicted with turmoil, Purvi's once adoring eyes started to harden towards him. He saw her put her emotional wall up brick by brick as they continued their staring match, oblivious to the other three in the room. His flower was so strong and he admired her all the more.

Arjun witnessed the light of hope extinguish in Purvi's eyes and devastation set in. In that instant, he knew that Purvi had given up. An immense, crushing pressure settled upon his chest as he saw Purvi turn to the group and state in a calm voice, "Ovi ma'am. I am so happy things are working out for you."

The three chatty faces stopped to look at Purvi. "I think you should leave for Canada right away to make sure things are settled and that there are no more hiccups." she continued. Purvi then turned to look Arjun squarely in the eye as she delivered her final blow, "Sir, since you both are engaged, I think you should accompany Ovi ma'am to Canada and help her get this sorted. You can give her all the support she needs. I will manage everything. You can go to Canada and FORGET all your worries here."

Arjun couldn't breathe. His heart slammed into his chest as he struggled to form a protest against Purvi's tirade. Unfortunately, Archana beat him to the buzzer. "Sir, Purvi is right. As you both are engaged, if you go back to Canada with her you can provide a great support for her as she is going through this phase. It can only strengthen your foundation as a couple. Purvi can handle everything here. You go with Ovi."

'No, this can't be happening!' Arjun thought frantically. He saw Purvi turn to move towards the door and panicked. "Archana-ji you make a valid suggestion. Manav uncle, Ovi can we continue this later?  I have a few important cases to discuss with Miss Purvi before our deadlines expire. Miss Purvi, can you stay back for a few minutes?"

Trapped, Purvi stood close to the door as if to make a quick exit as the others exchanged farewells and left. Arjun stalked over to her, grabbed her hand and pulled her into the corner away from prying eyes. She looked up at him, lost in his touch for a moment and then her eyes were ablaze with fiery emotions.

"Don't touch meDon't you touch me ever again!"

"You are mine Purvi. MINE! I'm never letting you go." 

"Yours? You have no right over me ArjunNONE! Now let me go!"

"I won't let you go, Purvi. Not now. NOT EVER! You and I were meant for each other"

"If you don't let me go I'll scream and then everyone will come in here and see what you are doing."

"I don't care, Purvi. I've had enough of this nonsense! Scream if you want to! Let them come in! Let them see us! I want them to know about us! Do it!" he challenged her knowingly. He would never risk her reputation but he wanted her to know that he meant business.

Purvi stiffened in his arms for a second as she considered his dare.  She pierced him with incandescent eyes, "You are a despicable man! You string along both of us, play with our emotions and now you want us to both be available to you whenever you need us?" He loved that fire in her eyes. She was radiant when she was passionate about something and in that instant, her fell in love with her all over again.

Arjun cupped her face and brought them closer to each other.  Just inches apart now, he said, "I only want you." With her breath hot on his face, Arjun felt no pull of gravity from the earth. "I am not betraying you Purvi. My heart belongs to you alone. You are my life! Please don't do this! Don't push me away from you."

Arjun felt like a man dying of thirst and Purvi was his only oasis. He reached up with one had to brush away the fairy wisps of her hair from her face. "Purvi, when I see you smile I can face the world. You are my strength, my light, my home - please don't take that away from me. I need you."

At his evocative words and tender touches, Purvi's floodgates opened up and the tears flowed uncontrollably down her face. Arjun held Purvi close as giant sobs wracked her body. "Please don't cry, my love. I will set everything right -for everyone. I know you love Ovi like a sister and you can never hurt her or your parents but I PROMISE you that I will find a way out of this that will have the least effect on everyone. Please don't cry, my flower. I'm here. I'm with you. Always."

After a few minutes, Purvi went quiet and still in his arms and Arjun thought the worst was over. He carefully and slowly pulled Purvi away from him and held her half an arm's length away. He was devastated to find that her mask was firmly back in place. Her face was devoid of any emotion as she reached up and shrugged his hands off her arms.

"Sir, you are engaged to Ovi and you need to take care of your FIANCE." Purvi slowly started backing away from him, each step taking her closer to the door. "You will get on that plane to Canada with her, you will get married and move on with your wonderful lives and you will forget all about US. It's what's best for everybody. I don't love you. I don't need you. If you love me as you say you do, then I want you to get on that plane with Ovi. If you try to get close to me, you will never see me again. Will you do this for me?"

Arjun's heart stopped cold. "Purvi, listen to me" He started for her but she backed up almost to the office door in view of anyone who glanced in this direction. He would not risk her reputation being tarnished so he stayed where he was.

"Will you do it?" she asked again, this time more forcefully. He knew she was hanging on by a thread and he could not let her fall. His heart plummeted to the floor as he heard himself say, "Yes, I will do it for you."

"Thank you" she said as she turned and walked out of his office. With those two words he knew that Purvi had effectively banished him from her life. In what seemed like five minutes, Arjun was on a plane with Ovi headed back to Canada. Each mile he flew away from Purvi he felt that his soul was being crushed to the point that it was difficult to breathe.

When they arrived at Deshmukh house, Ovi's grandmother received them and went to get dinner ready to celebrate their engagement. Arjun knew he had to get out of there before he succumbed to this insanity. He told Ovi that he had another project in London and had to leave the same day. He told her that they needed time to be by themselves to sort out their lives and to make sure that they were making the right decisions for the right reasons. She did not take the news too well. ***

"There's someone else, isn't there?" Ovi repeated shaking Arjun out of his jog down memory lane. Arjun knew that he was at a crossroads and the next words that came out of his mouth would either pave the way to Purvi's heart or take him away from it forever.

He mustered up his courage to face his best friend, "Ovi, you and I have always been best friends. We have been through a lot together and I know this is something you really wanted. I love you Ovi but I'm not in love with you. I've tried to make this work but I won't cheat you. I care about you too much to take advantage of your feelings."

"I never wanted to hurt or embarrass you which is why I went along with everything up 'til now. But I can't do this anymore Ovi. I just can't! I'm going to London tonight. I will call Manav uncle and explain everything when I get there. I'm sorry Ovi. I truly am." Arjun turned and started walking towards the door.  As he put his hand on the handle to let himself out Ovi asked in a small voice, "You never answered my question Arjun. Is there someone else?"

Arjun conjured up Purvi's face in his mind to give him strength. He thought of the time she came to him in the airport and confessed her love for him. That memory zapped him with enough energy to light India entirely for a month. He turned to Ovi not wanting to lie and said, "I don't want to hurt you anymore that I already have Ovi but, yes, there is someone else. She is my world and I am nothing without her. She is the only one for me. I love her."

With that Arjun left and as he shut the door, he heard the loud smash of glass behind him. "One down, many to go." He sighed as he got into the waiting car. He looked back at Deshmukh house one last time and said, "Driver, to the airport." 

Edited by Axiom123 - 13 June 2012 at 3:17pm

The following 48 member(s) liked the above post:

selmakbumbushisun_smiSeemaPia2111simron...Riasha123kanu_nvlkhjeemanrocksJillianMPillayARluv16achyuthaariel1985namitagloryzJ12L85white.bandvgiridolce123aviaanyazerroabhimgSrija.kreya204-Tinu-*Maleena*AsYa_KaBhinividancesjacobharry10011ramki1Asyaloverpurethoughtsparikharvifan1.Peeves.PrincessAshVik-LiveLaughLove--Latty-Crazy4AshVikeshasrkbee5PumpkinnAakanksha_7FireLordPhoenixsashashyamsaijahnavialicia.Soulmate_SanaAbsoluv...Natasha...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Raging Storm (ARVI) - Chpt 22 - Page 98 (Page 7)" in Pavitra Rishta forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Maleena*

Goldie

*Maleena*

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 1:55am | IP Logged
Wonderful update! It's nice to see Arjun's point of view. I can't wait for your next update!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Axiom

abhimg

abhimg

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 4:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Axiom123

Chapter 3 ' Confrontation [Arjun]

"You're breaking up with me, aren't you?" asked Ovi in a frenetic voice. She turned to face Arjun as he stood in the doorway. "You've been distant on the way back from India and now you're telling me that you have to go to London for a project? We just got back! There's someone else, isn't there?"

"Sachin really came through for us" Arjun thought sarcastically. Sachin had found a loophole in Ovi's contract that allowed her to perform her duties while still being engaged to Arjun. The only caveat was that Ovi had to be in Canada for the next four months to satisfy the terms of the agreement and she could not be married before then. Arjun heaved an excruciating sigh, drew a hand down his haggard face and replayed the last twenty four hours in his mind.

*** Ovi was so ecstatic when she came to Arjun's office that she was practically shrieking. Arjun was in the middle of calming her down when Manav, Archana and Purvi came rushing into his office to see what the commotion was about. Ovi explained how Sachin was able to help her resolve her case without penalty and, in her glee, she danced over to Arjun and neatly wrapped her arms around his neck.

Arjun promptly turned ten shades of red and quickly disentangled himself from her grasp. He moved behind his desk to put some distance in between them. Manav and Archana surrounded an elated Ovi as she rambled on about her plans for Canada and her upcoming wedding. Arjun took stock of the situation as he read the unexpressed emotions in three sets of eyes.

Manav's eyes were full of pride and relief as his daughter would have been able to fulfill her contract and still realize of her dreams of getting married. Archana's eyes were pregnant with unshed motherly tears. She was happy that her all her estranged daughter's troubles were resolved and that she could move on to the next phase of her life unburdened.

Duly ashamed, Arjun forced himself to look into Purvi's eyes. Those beautiful, fathomless, clear pools of love and hope were now discolored by misery, distrust and pain. A piercing ache Arjun never knew ravaged his heart as he saw Purvi struggle to keep her composure. He felt truly incapacitated as she stood aloof and hurting as he knew he could not console her in front of this audience.

He wanted to run to her and hold her in his arms so tightly that no one could tell where one began or the other ended. He needed to comfort her and soother her so badly that his entire body almost declared mutiny against his mind to go to her. His beautiful flower was riddled with so much pain at that moment that he wished the earth would open up and swallow him whole for causing her one ounce of distress.

"My Purvi" he thought. "My precious girl! What have I done to you?" Arjun started to reach for her when he saw the most amazing transformation happen. Inflicted with turmoil, Purvi's once adoring eyes started to harden towards him. He saw her put her emotional wall up brick by brick by brick as they continued their staring match, oblivious to the other three in the room.

Arjun witnessed the light of hope extinguish in Purvi's eyes and devastation set in. In that instant, he knew that Purvi had given up. An immense, crushing pressure settled upon his chest as he saw Purvi turn to the group and state in a calm voice, "Ovi ma'am. I am so happy things are working out for you."

The three chatty faces stopped to look at Purvi. "I think you should leave for Canada right away to make sure things are settled and that there are no more hiccups." she continued. Purvi then turned to look Arjun squarely in the eye as she delivered her final blow, "Sir, since you both are engaged, I think you should accompany Ovi ma'am to Canada and help her get this sorted. You can give her all the support she needs. I will manage everything. You can go to Canada and FORGET all your worries here."

Arjun couldn't breathe. His heart slammed into his chest as he struggled to form a protest against Purvi's tirade. Unfortunately, Archana beat him to the buzzer. "Sir, Purvi is right. As you both are engaged, if you go back to Canada with her you can provide a great support for her as she is going through this phase. It can only strengthen your foundation as a couple. Purvi can handle everything here. You go with Ovi."

'No, this can't be happening!' Arjun thought frantically. He saw Purvi turn to move towards the door and panicked. "Archana-ji you make a valid suggestion. Manav uncle, Ovi can we continue this later?  I have a few important cases to discuss with Miss Purvi before our deadlines expire. Miss Purvi, can you stay back for a few minutes?"

Trapped, Purvi stood close to the door as if to make a quick exit as the others exchanged farewells and left. Arjun stalked over to her, grabbed her hand and pulled her into the corner away from prying eyes. She looked up at him, lost in his touch for a moment and then her eyes were ablaze with fiery emotions.

"Don't touch me" she hissed. "Don't you touch me ever again!"

"You are mine Purvi. MINE! I'm never letting you go." Arjun fired back.

"Yours? You have no right over me Arjun." Purvi blasted him "NONE! Now let me go!"

"I won't let you go, Purvi. Not now. NOT EVER! You and I were meant for each other"

"If you don't let me go I'll scream and then everyone will come in here and see what you are doing."

"I don't care, Purvi. I've had enough of this nonsense! Scream if you want to! Let them come in! Let them see us! I want them to know about us! Do it!" he challenged her knowingly. He would never risk her reputation but he wanted her to know that he meant business.

Purvi stiffened in his arms for a second as she considered his dare.  She pierced him with incandescent eyes, "You are a despicable man! You string along both of us, play with our emotions and now you want us to both be available to you whenever you need us?" He loved that fire in her eyes. She was radiant when she was passionate about something and in that instant, her fell in love with her all over again.

Arjun cupped her face and brought them closer to each other.  Just inches apart now, he said, "I only want you." With her breath hot on his face, Arjun felt no pull of gravity from the earth. "I am not betraying you Purvi. My heart belongs to you alone. You are my life! Please don't do this! Don't push me away from you."

Arjun felt like a man dying of thirst and Purvi was his only oasis. He reached up with one had to brush away the fairy wisps of her hair from her face. "Purvi, when I see you smile I can face the world. You are my strength, my light, my home - please don't take that away from me. I need you."

At his evocative words and tender touches, Purvi's floodgates opened up and the tears flowed uncontrollably down her face. Arjun held Purvi close as giant sobs wracked her body. "Please don't cry, my love. I will set everything right -for everyone. I know you love Ovi like a sister and you can never hurt her or your parents but I PROMISE you that I will find a way out of this that will have the least effect on everyone. Please don't cry, my flower. I'm here. I'm with you. Always."

After a few minutes, Purvi went quiet and still in his arms and Arjun thought the worst was over. He carefully and slowly pulled Purvi away from him and held her half an arm's length away. He was devastated to find that her mask was firmly back in place. Her face was devoid of any emotion as she reached up and shrugged his hands off her arms.

"Sir, you are engaged to Ovi and you need to take care of your FIANCE." Purvi slowly started backing away from him, each step taking her closer to the door. "You will get on that plane to Canada with her, you will get married and move on with your wonderful lives and you will forget all about US. It's what's best for everybody. I don't love you. I don't need you. If you love me as you say you do, then I want you to get on that plane with Ovi. If you try to get close to me, you will never see me again. Will you do this for me?"

Arjun's heart stopped cold. "Purvi, listen to me" He started for her but she backed up almost to the office door in view of anyone who glanced in this direction. He would not risk her reputation being tarnished so he stayed where he was.

"Will you do it?" she asked again, this time more forcefully. He knew she was hanging on by a thread and he could not let her fall. His heart plummeted to the floor as he heard himself say, "Yes, I will do it for you."

"Thank you" she said as she turned and walked out of his office. With those two words he knew that Purvi had effectively banished him from her life. In what seemed like five minutes, Arjun was on a plane with Ovi headed back to Canada. Each mile he flew away from Purvi he felt that his soul was being crushed to the point that it was difficult to breathe.

When they arrived at Deshmukh house, Ovi's grandmother received them and went to get dinner ready to celebrate their engagement. Arjun knew he had to get out of there before he succumbed to this insanity. He told Ovi that he had another project in London and had to leave the same day. He told her that they needed time to be by themselves to sort out their lives and to make sure that they were making the right decisions for the right reasons. She did not take the news too well. ***

"There's someone else, isn't there?" Ovi repeated shaking Arjun out of his jog down memory lane. Arjun knew that he was at a crossroads and the next words that came out of his mouth would either pave the way to Purvi's heart or take him away from it forever.

He mustered up his courage to face his best friend, "Ovi, you and I have always been best friends. We have been through a lot together and I know this is something you really wanted. I love you Ovi but I'm not in love with you. I've tried to make this work but I won't cheat you. I care about you too much to take advantage of your feelings."

"I never wanted to hurt or embarrass you which is why I went along with everything up 'til now. But I can't do this anymore Ovi. I just can't! I'm going to London tonight. I will call Manav uncle and explain everything when I get there. I'm sorry Ovi. I truly am." Arjun turned and started walking towards the door.  As he put his hand on the handle to let himself out Ovi asked in a small voice, "You never answered my question Arjun. Is there someone else?"

Arjun conjured up Purvi's face in his mind to give him strength. He thought of the time she came to him in the airport and confessed her love for him. That memory zapped him with enough energy to light India entirely for a month. He turned to Ovi not wanting to lie and said, "I don't want to hurt you anymore that I already have Ovi but, yes, there is someone else. She is my world and I am nothing without her. She is the only one for me. I love her."

With that Arjun left and as he shut the door, he heard the loud smash of glass behind him. "One down, many to go." He sighed as he got into the waiting car. He looked back at Deshmukh house one last time and said, "Driver, to the airport." 

Oh LAURIE
How u have our hearts captured and us wrapped around ur beautiful conveying of emotion that one can see and feel as u write, it's so damn great!
The pathos that rises for not only Purvi but here for Arjun...you helped him pave a very tough road to redemption in what seemed such a noble way...how gentle and truthful and honorable he was in his candid disclosure to Ovi...and yet he kept Purvi, his Purvi's name in his heart, it was his forever!!
Gosh Laurie, each chapter gets better, like Shyamala said u r like wine, better as it ages...

My heart cries for Arjun and how heart wrenching his side of emotions is too...his looking into her eyes, Purvi crying hugging him, and then letting him go( perhaps she knew deep down if u love something/one, set it free and that is what she did! How well u said of Arjun reading three sets of eyes...loved him calling her HIS FLOWER and telling her she was his life and was hIs every breath and so apparent from your writing how she COMPLETES him and Arjun Purvi ke bina kitna adhoora hai...

The flashbacks and interweaving of time is so seamless and brilliantly presented, absolutely LOVE it, dare I say as much, if not more than my love for ARVI...

Edited by abhimg - 29 May 2012 at 4:03am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

dolce123ramki1AxiomsashashyamFireLordPhoenix

Aakanksha_7

IF-Rockerz

Aakanksha_7

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 4:33am | IP Logged
Hey awsm post
do cntinue soon

Axiom

sashashyam

IF-Rockerz

sashashyam

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 4:49am | IP Logged
Dear Laurie,

Just a quick note to thank you very, very much for giving us back our Arjun, the one whom we had grown to love. Now we can fall back on your story when Arjun  Kirloskar, as he is now, gets us down too much.

You have done him justice and then some more. Your description of what he goes thru in those few minutes in his office is incredibly touching and evocative. Marvellous lines:

He wanted to run to her and hold her in his arms so tightly that no one could tell where one began or the other ended. He needed to comfort her and soothe her so badly that his entire body almost declared mutiny against his mind to go to her.

He knew she was hanging on by a thread and he could not let her fall.

This is the original magic of Arjun-Purvi that we had lost  in the last few weeks, a loss that we are all still mourning helplessly. It is so interesting that both of them are saying pretty much the same things as they do on PR:

Purvi:
You string along both of us, play with our emotions and now you want us to both be available to you whenever you need us?"

Arjun: I will set everything right -for everyone. I know you love Ovi like a sister and you can never hurt her or your parents but I PROMISE you that I will find a way out of this that will have the least effect on everyone.

Yetbecause you have so beautifully brought out what Arjun feels, the effect on the readers is completely different. We are no longer   exasperated  or angry at his inaction, or irritated by her tirades, for we see into their hearts. We understand that what happens is the result not of cowardice and pusillanimity on the one hand, or of a mindless yen for self sacrifice on the other. It happens because fate has dealt out such a bad hand to two young people who had the misfortune to fall in love when their other ties are all set to pull them apart.

I loved large chunks of parts  1 and 2  just as much, but you have gone one better here. In fact you are getting better and better all the time, Laurie!  I am now waiting for part 4 (see what I warned you about!). I know that the act of creation can be exhausting, but then I am sure you have a whole book inside your mind all ready and eager to get out. You only have to set it down, not on paper, but on the PC!

To conclude, a couple of points I had wanted to make about part 2. It ia absolutely true that excessive unhappiness makes you feel sick to the pit of your stomach, and so Purvi's retching out of sheer misery was entirely understandable. But then, if she has eaten no lunch, and there is no mention of any dinner either, she would hardly have anything in her stomach to throw up!

But that is a minor point. What I did not like was the idea of Purvi working alone in the office till 11 pm and 1 am. It would not be advisable under any circumstances, even if she is the MD. She should have some company, her personal assistant or other staff. Or else she should go home at a relatively decent hour, say 8 or 9 pm. What was Archana doing, permitting Purvi to keep such excessively late hours?

Warmest congratulations once again and many thanks for taking us along on this wonderful journey to the hearts of Arjun and Purvi as they were, and as they should always be for us.

Shyamala

PS: One very small suggestion, if I may. When you are showing them speaking, you might like to have just the words - there would never be any confusion as to who is speaking - and leave out the explanatory phrases, such as
"
she hissed", "Arjun fired back", "Purvi blasted him", etc. In  fact you yourself have already done this for the 4th and 5th sentences. You will find that it reads better, and you will be saved the trouble  of finding new adjectives and adverbs for the explanatory interjections.

Originally posted by Axiom123

Chapter 3 ' Confrontation [Arjun]

He wanted to run to her and hold her in his arms so tightly that no one could tell where one began or the other ended. He needed to comfort her and soother her so badly that his entire body almost declared mutiny against his mind to go to her. His beautiful flower was riddled with so much pain at that moment that he wished the earth would open up and swallow him whole for causing her one ounce of distress.

"My Purvi" he thought. "My precious girl! What have I done to you?" Arjun started to reach for her when he saw the most amazing transformation happen. Inflicted with turmoil, Purvi's once adoring eyes started to harden towards him. He saw her put her emotional wall up brick by brick by brick as they continued their staring match, oblivious to the other three in the room.

"Don't touch me" she hissed. "Don't you touch me ever again!"

"You are mine Purvi. MINE! I'm never letting you go." Arjun fired back.

"Yours? You have no right over me Arjun." Purvi blasted him "NONE! Now let me go!"

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

abhimgAxiombee5

-Latty-

IF-Rockerz

-Latty-

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 5:59am | IP Logged
I just loved it...its awesome please continue soon...:)

Axiom

ramki1

Goldie

ramki1

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 5:59am | IP Logged
Hey my dear friend laurie, How are you?... As usual nice scriptClapClapClapClap...I haven't watch last 6 epis..due to heavy work load...today I will watch...before watching the epis I just want to know is there any good news for ARVI?...

Axiom

abhimg

abhimg

Posted: 29 May 2012 at 6:14am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=sashashyam]Dear Laurie,

Just a quick note to thank you very, very much for giving us back our Arjun, the one whom we had grown to love. Now we can fall back on your story when Arjun  Kirloskar, as he is now, gets us down too much.

You have done him justice and then some more. Your description of what he goes thru in those few minutes in his office is incredibly touching and evocative. Marvellous lines:

He wanted to run to her and hold her in his arms so tightly that no one could tell where one began or the other ended. He needed to comfort her and soothe her so badly that his entire body almost declared mutiny against his mind to go to her.

He knew she was hanging on by a thread and he could not let her fall.

This is the original magic of Arjun-Purvi that we had lost  in the last few weeks, a loss that we are all still mourning helplessly. It is so interesting that both of them are saying pretty much the same things as they do on PR:

Purvi:
You string along both of us, play with our emotions and now you want us to both be available to you whenever you need us?"

Arjun: I will set everything right -for everyone. I know you love Ovi like a sister and you can never hurt her or your parents but I PROMISE you that I will find a way out of this that will have the least effect on everyone.

Yetbecause you have so beautifully brought out what Arjun feels, the effect on the readers is completely different. We are no longer   exasperated  or angry at his inaction, or irritated by her tirades, for we see into their hearts. We understand that what happens is the result not of cowardice and pusillanimity on the one hand, or of a mindless yen for self sacrifice on the other. It happens because fate has dealt out such a bad hand to two young people who had the misfortune to fall in love when their other ties are all set to pull them apart.

I loved large chunks of parts  1 and 2  just as much, but you have gone one better here. In fact you are getting better and better all the time, Laurie!  I am now waiting for part 4 (see what I warned you about!). I know that the act of creation can be exhausting, but then I am sure you have a whole book inside your mind all ready and eager to get out. You only have to set it down, not on paper, but on the PC!

To conclude, a couple of points I had wanted to make about part 2. It ia absolutely true that excessive unhappiness makes you feel sick to the pit of your stomach, and so Purvi's retching out of sheer misery was entirely understandable. But then, if she has eaten no lunch, and there is no mention of any dinner either, she would hardly have anything in her stomach to throw up!

But that is a minor point. What I did not like was the idea of Purvi working alone in the office till 11 pm and 1 am. It would not be advisable under any circumstances, even if she is the MD. She should have some company, her personal assistant or other staff. Or else she should go home at a relatively decent hour, say 8 or 9 pm. What was Archana doing, permitting Purvi to keep such excessively late hours?

Warmest congratulations once again and many thanks for taking us along on this wonderful journey to the hearts of Arjun and Purvi as they were, and as they should always be for us.

Shyamala

PS: One very small suggestion, if I may. When you are showing them speaking, you might like to have just the words - there would never be any confusion as to who is speaking - and leave out the explanatory phrases, such as
"
she hissed", "Arjun fired back", "Purvi blasted him", etc. In  fact you yourself have already done this for the 4th and 5th sentences. You will find that it reads better, and you will be saved the trouble  of finding new adjectives and adverbs for the explanatory interjections.

Dear Shyamala,
Well said...loved your last comment on journey into the hearts of ARVI...and it did for me to the same... "thank you very, very much for giving us back our Arjun, the one whom we had grown to love"...
Laurie so skillfully brings out the magnanimity of Arjun in trying to fix this for EVERYONE with the least possible collateral damage...
Really like your writing too Shyamala...very grounded and yet the quotes and the language...literature artists you and some of the others on this forum are...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Axiomsashashyam

Post Reply New Post

Go to top