Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aardhan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Yes, I learned to cook before marriage. It started out as a necessity as I shared an apartment with three other girls but I slowly started enjoying the experience.

My husband did the same thing, he too had to learn to cook becoz he used to live with roomies and later alone. But what surprised me most that when I got married and moved in with him I discovered he actually owned a few cook books. By then he loved cooking so much, it had become his stress buster and he always wanted to try new dishes.

Me, on the other hand, I am terrible with recipes, for me its more of a creative process. The two of us have had some very enjoyable time in the kitchen creating, experimenting and enjoying new dishes!
-rhythm- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
[DIV]good topic...
I knew basic cooking before i got married, because i came from big family... but after i got married i came to us ,my MIL does all the cooking most of the time.and i love music i have my headphone on while I am cooking or cleaningEdited by rrdus - 11 years ago
ritu3kumar thumbnail
Originally posted by: deepa_jd

nahi re...
i wuld rather cook for myself...i like it a lot!
i rarely eat other ppl s cookin...dunno why..
very fussy abt food...
prefer either my made or mom made...
i wuld love 2 cook for my saas...

do u mean u will cook for ur saas or cook ur saas...🤣
BayofSarcasm thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I love cooking - it relaxes me. but I can't follow a recipe, i need to add my own touch to it. (A bit rebellious, that way)😉
i5hy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Good post shee 👍🏼 My mom never let me inside the kitchen until i left abroad to study. First few days was crying for mummy n missing her khana. Dheere dheere learned how to cook. @ the beginning was making all noodles😆 but now can make anything😊 I love to experiment and used 2 chat in messenger with my dhidhi n write recipes in a small book. Still have the book with me 😊 I dont think its a necessity dat girls should know how to cook b4 marriage. The process of learning how to cook n feeding ur husband and sasuraal with ur pehli koshish i find endearing😳. Cooking 4 just urself is totally different than cooking for some1 and especially a dear one with so much expectations attached to it. Like many have said here i feel da pathi also should know how to cook. Afterall we arent living in the 60's now. its a 50-50 ka zamaana hei😃
i5hy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: deepa_jd

my only problem is i cant cook when there is no music.. dont think sasural waalas would like that!

I too love music while cooking. Waise sasuraal me galthi se bhi ye gaana math bajaana...

"Sasur se pao dhabwaau ghi..dulhe se kaana banwaaungi..jab thum shaadhi karolegi bhool jaoogi akdi.. theen cheeze yaad rahegi..namak thel aur lakdi...Jis dhin there ghar me dulhan banke aaungi..pooch zara ke se ke se there baand bhaja ungi..kudh bhi naachoongi aur thujko bhi nachaaungi😉"😆😆

Shee_xaan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Thank You So Much

nature_lover thumbnail
Shee very nice post.

Actually i didn't know how to cook before i live independently 4 my job.
But right now i can cook very well, except roti. In fact my problem is that i can make roti also, but it take too much time.