OodlesDoodles

Posted: 27 April 2005 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa to wind up
   By: Haem Roy
   April 27, 2005

thelist@mid-day.com
BOY'S CLUB: 
The characters of KHKN
Apparently, the saas-bahu sagas are here to stay for quite some time. The ending of one of the extremely rare male-oriented shows, Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa (KHKN) on Zee TV proves this.

The show will air its last episode on May 19. But what is surprising is that unlike most shows that are shown the door, low ratings were not the reason for the show being axed.

In fact, with its lovable characters and comic situations, KHKN had managed to generate some discussions. It was especially popular among those looking for change from the routine shows aired on television, as it generated quite a bit of laughs.

We talked to Kushal Punjabi, who plays the flirty Chetan in the serial, about this and he was very shocked at this decision.

"I don't know the reason why the show is ending," he says, "As the show was talked about a lot. Maybe the channels have changed their strategy to incorporate more dramas. It is, after all, the channel's decision and I accept it even though it was very upsetting for me."

When asked about what is next in his kitty, he says he has three offers on hand that he is considering, one of them being a drama. And will he do the saas-bahu serials if offered the role? Pat comes the answer, "Only if the character suits me."

The sudden twists and age-leaps do not appeal to him much. He is looking for something that has a bit of humour. "I am more open to comedies as I am better at it."

Whatever be the reason, the abrupt ending of the show will certainly leave something missing. We just hope the slot is not filled by yet another 'family drama'.

thelist@mid-day.com

Producers cite low ratings

The producer of the show, Shrishti Arya, says the low TRPs for the show is the reason why they have decided to can the show.

"The show was started on an experimental basis and finished 100 episodes last week. Maybe the channel felt that it didn't do as well as expected. The stars were quite popular and the show was well known, but the TRPs didn't show that."

.Mandy. Channel Moderator
.Mandy.
.Mandy.

Posted: 02 May 2005 at 4:54pm | IP Logged
thank you for posting the article it really is a shame to see the show go
samir_soni Goldie
samir_soni
samir_soni

Posted: 04 May 2005 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
Another filmy drama?Angry
Sabah Goldie
Sabah