Bamsukhia and Gulabiya

Posted: 11 years ago
Did it seem to anyone else that there was a bit more focus on Gulabiya's face when Bamsukh didn't respond or acknowledge Hukum? I know it's mostly because of what that truck symbolized. That the final blow came that she couldn't do the Rai, something which put food on the table but also something which made her happy.

But  I think there may have been something else mixed in Gulabiya's expressions and emotions. 

I thought their dynamic was interesting from the first episode itself.  They way Gulabiya had pleaded with him and the way he was careful in dealing with her clinging on to him.

Then in the second episode there was a slight flicker in his eyes when he cut off Sugni. It lasted for less than a split second, but I thought it was there. Then he of course became the hardened Bamsukh.

Afterwards, he was always the harsh, cold Bamsukh--except for that one instance where he told Gulabiya in a harsh way to stop coughing, gave her something to drink, then in a gruff way asked who would support her family.  And we see him slightly moving forward in concern when Gulabiya fainted, only to stop himself.

In short, I think there may have been something there when they were young kids.  Before they had to deal with life.  And now they have their own priorities, responsibilities.  Gulabiya has her family and daughter she loves and cares most about.  Her everything.  And Bamsukh is Bamsukh.  He takes his work seriously. He takes the traditions seriously.  And honestly, till that scene from 21 May, I thought they had dropped it. Because the flickers he had shown sometimes in the first few episodes were/are gone.  

But then came that 21st May, and Gulabiya's face at Bamsukhia's lack of acknowledgement. And crazy thoughts started swirling around in my head. ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜‰

Yes, I am crazy. ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜†  I know. ðŸ˜›
Edited by likarsh - 11 years ago
Oh likarsh..you finally came with this post!! Bamsukhiya the secret hero of his serial!! Wah wah!! What an eye you have for the smallest of details...I only thought that Gulabiya was sad because she could not go for Rai as Sugni mentioned that Rai brought real happiness on her face...but you gave a completely different meaning to whole story...

But Bamsukhiya and his truck are so much the lifeline of this serial na..the one connecting the bedanis and the Thakurs...bu never saw them as childhood lovers..

On a lighter note...imagine the story turn if this really happens...Bamsukhiya then adopts Sugni and declares a war against Thakurs and then becomes a famous dacoit and then goes on and shoot every Thakur who ever tried to come near Gulabiya !! or Sugni...Wah wah!!😆
I shall also point out that Bamsukhia seems to be single.

I think these two are the true tragic love story of this serial. 😆 Wait till they will have some scenes together.  And all the history and pain will come out.  ðŸ˜ƒ
haha this will be such a comedy track 
Guys I like your imagination but always thought why is he unmarried and stays alone maybe being a broker he has seen many tragedies which he was instumental so does not want to marry or have children who will be pulled into this Rai and Sardhakai business
No. Bamsukh and Gulabiya are not comedic.  They are a tragic story.  They have history, pain and depth.

I think Bamsukh will superstitiously deliver some goods to the Gulabiya's house.  No one will know who sent it.  Except Gulabiya, who will suspect it's Bamsukh.  Not even we the audience will know...till the time comes.  And it's revealed to be Bamsukh.

Originally posted by chalhov

Guys I like your imagination but always thought why is he unmarried and stays alone maybe being a broker he has seen many tragedies which he was instumental so does not want to marry or have children who will be pulled into this Rai and Sardhakai business
Honestly, I am mostly serious about this--even though my posts have some humour.  I really am.  As I said, I thought there was and is depth to this character.  They did show some flickers early on. But now he's mostly just Bamsukh.  But even with him being the Bamsukh who doesn't show even those tiny flickers of emotion, I've never felt he's a character without any depth.

I think he's an interesting character.
@likarsh
Never thought of it this way, but it is a good point. If they show some past history between Bansukhia and Gulabiya, that will be very interesting. The actor who plays that role of Bansukhia is quite good. 
Originally posted by kamala2012

@likarsh
Never thought of it this way, but it is a good point. If they show some past history between Bansukhia and Gulabiya, that will be very interesting. The actor who plays that role of Bansukhia is quite good. 
I think it would be interesting too. There's really a lot of scope for it.  And the actor is good.  

So many of the supporting characters are good on this show.  
Originally posted by -Srushti-

But Bamsukhiya and his truck are so much the lifeline of this serial na..the one connecting the bedanis and the Thakurs...bu never saw them as childhood lovers..

Great point, Shruti.  Bamsukh and his truck are a very important aspect of this show, connecting the bednis and the Thakurs.  So very true, indeed. ðŸ˜ƒ
Edited by likarsh - 11 years ago