Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 May 2012 at 10:27am | IP Logged
How many of you would like to have another banner contest? I think it'd be fun since summer break has begun for many of us.Embarrassed

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 23 May 2012 at 12:06pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Another banner contest?" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 23 May 2012 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
LJR

I mentioned this in the suggestions/help desk, but here it is again

If one goes through the page that one has to navigate while coming to this forum (assuming it's not bookmarked), one will notice that unlike the channels, like ABC or Fox TV, it doesn't have any picture, since no such channel exists.

So my suggestion - why not have a contest of a picture that would be representative of this channel?  Yeah, we have the banner for this forum, but this one would be simpler, and simply be indicative of a page where mythology is discussed.  Choose the symbology most representative of Hindu mythology, and put it to a vote here.

On another note, is it possible to talk to the mods to have Mythological Masti be listed on the home page itself - maybe in the popular section, like Sports/Cricket, Food, etc?  B'cos this certainly doesn't fall in the international category in the way ABC, Disney, Fox et al do.

So what do you think?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

The.Patthaaka.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 May 2012 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
^^ YEs, I'd like to see it on the homepage, because it's hard to find for mytho fans who'd like to join the forum but don't know where to look. I guess Lola is the best person to talk to the mods since she's the viewbie.

And a picture for the forums sounds good, but wouldn't it be hard to blend so many characters into one tiny pic?

The.Patthaaka.

AishuHiBawari

IF-Rockerz

AishuHiBawari

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 24 May 2012 at 7:16am | IP Logged
Well we could have that, but a banner contest would be easier to organize at the moment. We actually know what to do with that, lol.
We can have the picture, but only after we know where we're going with that.

So my vote goes for the banner contest.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 24 May 2012 at 8:42am | IP Logged
I actually think for the picture...a religious painting would work best, since there are too many mythological shows to blend into one tiny pic. Maybe a painting of the trimurti with the three devis would work, what do you guys think?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.The.Patthaaka.

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 24 May 2012 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Yeah, for that, I think a simple picture w/ Brahma/Saraswati, Narayan/Lakshmi and Mahadev/Parvati (or Sati LOL) would be a simple, and good idea.  One can pick them from any of the serials - maybe the first and third from DkDM and the second from ASR.

Vibhishna

Goldie

Vibhishna

Posted: 24 May 2012 at 9:45am | IP Logged
Good idea...

Too bad I wont be able to participate if the contest is held in a few days. I'll be mostly inactive starting this weekend till end of June. Got a huge load of things to take care of. But I think I can make it to vote for the banner or icon - whichever is going to be held now.

If the contests are going to be held after mid - June, I can try to participate.

Anyway, it would be good to have some sort of a Summer Special Activity here... Smile

Edited by Vibhishna - 24 May 2012 at 9:45am

.Vrish.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 24 May 2012 at 9:46am | IP Logged
^Normally, that would be a good idea, but LakshmiNarayan are shown in RSR, RSK, ASR, Vishnu Puraan, and ton of other mytho shows. Same goes for Mahadev-Parvathi/Sati. They are shown in ASR, ONS, RSR, RSK, and DkDM. It would be unfair to choose a couple from just a few of the mythological shows, because then the other mythos would not be represented. That's why I think choosing paintings would be better.

The.Patthaaka.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top