Writers Corner
Writers Corner

India-Forums

The Proliferation of Worrisome Thoughts!

The-Voice IF-Sizzlerz
The-Voice
The-Voice

Posted: 21 May 2012 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
It was the break of dawn. I woke up to find myself in a state of unfinished sleep. My glossy, watery eyes nagged me to go back to bed. "Oh, no, Roshan! That's not happening," I said to myself. Within a minute of the buzzing of my annoying alarm clock, I woke up - all tired and grumpy! "Why does it have to be 6:00 am right at this moment?" I complained as I rubbed my eyes. I guess, my mood had its own reasons. Yes, it was D-DAY! It was the day of my Math Final Exam. Bang! Thud! Crash! The table next to my bed asked for my attention as I tried slipping out of my covers to run for the bathroom. The cute table lamp that had accompanied me throughout the week was now chipped. However, I was absolutely in no mood to hunt for the strewn part. I sighed heavily, and moved toward my endeavor.

As I opened my bedroom door to enter the hallway toward the bathroom, a wisp of indulging aroma attacked my senses - warm muffins, baked potatoes, and crispy eggs - all taunting me to rush them down the system. I was mesmerized. I was carried away. I tried finishing up as soon as possible before getting ready for breakfast. "Mom, I am late!" I shouted at the top of my lungs as I packed the necessary tools for my most dreaded moment. My old lady had her own anxieties. This triggered the first of my qualms that I had for the day. "Is everything OK, Ma?" I asked. My mother looked rather stressed. "Oh, it's alright. It's just that I have seen you work hard the whole of past week. And, in as much as I am confident you will do well, my worries keep bothering me," said my worried mother.  I looked at her with sturdy eyes as if I had encountered a venomous snake. I needed encouragement. I needed moral support. However, forgetting everything, I decided to brush it off.  "Well, I'll be OK, Ma. Just wish me luck," I said as I hugged her lovingly. After a series of kisses, hugs, and emotional wishes, I grabbed my muffin and sandwich and headed toward the bus whose driver had grown impatient due to my everyday tardiness. I greeted him patiently and boarded the bus. His large mustache canopied his almost non-existent smile!

The bus was very calm. To me, it seemed that the venom of examination had infected the minds of everyone in the bus. I was thankful I wasn't the only one. As I tried adjusting myself on the warm bus seat, Bob caught my attention. Bob was the biggest person in my class. He was occasionally known as Big Bob due to his constant bullying and pestering. However gentle of a giant he might have looked, Bob was an absolutely selfish person! "What the hell is Bob reading?" I thought to myself.  Something called Integration by Parts grabbed my attention. I hadn't bothered remembering those petty topics here and there. Instead, I had prepared myself to get through the bare minimum. After all, math wasn't my cup of tea. I frowned at Bob, without having him realize my disgust for him. The bus driver saw me make a face at Bob and smirked weirdly from his rear view. I quickly looked away in order to avoid an eye-contact. Finally, the bus reached the campus. The campus was calm - not a bird was seen flying over the lushly green grassy lawn. Spread out randomly, I could see students trying to do some last minute cramming. Some appeared so stressed, I swear they would have puked on my face for asking them of their state of mind. I reached the examination hall in a rush. Luckily, no one had arrived. This gave me the much-appreciated fifteen extra minutes of my life. The exam started at 7:30 am - on the dot! The question paper was in my hand and the words started floating in the air. My heart started sinking by the minute... and my worries... proliferated as I went on!

Edited by -Desi-IFer- - 22 May 2012 at 3:21am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ameres

Ameres IF-Sizzlerz
Ameres
Ameres

Posted: 22 May 2012 at 1:16am | IP Logged
So did you pass the exam? Sorry, couldn't help asking. :P

Great writing and an interesting read. :)

The-Voice

The-Voice IF-Sizzlerz
The-Voice
The-Voice

Posted: 22 May 2012 at 3:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ameres

So did you pass the exam? Sorry, couldn't help asking. :P

Great writing and an interesting read. :)

Hahaha.. Yeah, I did. I got a 65/100, which was enough for me, considering the fact that I'd invested all of my energy into one exam! LOL

Ameres

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top