Posted: 20 May 2012 at 3:17pm | IP Logged
WORD to everything that you said Anu...and also word to everybody else as well (for the most part)
Surprising, that this being a ME , we have so little to actually discuss about...
Anywho, the bits that stood out for me...in no particular order:
1) Meghas co-passenger and his general characterization - be it the maze with which he was listening to Anarkali Disco chali or the way he was nodding off on Meghas shoulder- made me all nostalgic for those random guest appearance waale characters which NBT has so superbly exploited in the past. *reminiscent muh*
2) The Tashan with which Mohan made the conductor stop the bus and when Megha turned to thank him, the way he shrugged it off...it was almost like he was preening in front of her...
3) Of course the way when that co passenger was nodding off on Meghas shoulder- I liked how Megha kept looking towards Mohan---like a silent plea of help I guess. She does count on him- so much so that she herself does not realize. And then the way Mohan came to the rescue- and just the way Papaji tried to hide his smile.
4) Papaji se yaad aaya, for most of todays epi and even Fridays, I like how Papaji goes all Mafia Don on Mohan- Talk to the hand
...he always has his hand ready...like Mohan kuch bhi kehta rahe, he will show his hand...and baat khatam.
Like Mohan does not even deserve a verbal rebuff, haath kaafi hai. Dunno, somehow I found that very amusing. More so because, I KNOW how the dynamics between these two are going to change slowly but surely, so this talk to the hand approach of Papaji right now will be funny in hindsight.
5) That being said, I like that throughout the epi, they had these bits where they do show how Papaji is keenly observing Mohan- be it the way he helped them through the window, the way he made them eat food, the way he calmed down Nanhi. Like you guys said, Papaji will DEFFO play a HUGE part in pushing Megha towards Mohan. He will realize how his bahu needs a MAN in her life and the kids need a father, and that MAN in none other than apna MONU. I know, this sounds really fimly, but thats the direction I can see this going. This will of course be reaffirmed when Spiderman saves Chavanni.
6) Ok, so did anyone else have a major Deja-vu during that auto sequence? The Prateek car sequence anyone? Of course the difference being, yahan Mohan ka role Papaji ne nibhaya. Mohan was making the same faces that Prateek was making for being so door door from Megha and because Papaji was taking so much space.
And I almost thought that beech mein Papaji would go peeche dham se so that Mohan will remove his hand, a la Mohan doing that to Prateeks hand.
7) Jokes apart, truly felt bad for Monu in that scene. Papaji was so insensitive wahan. I thought for a momement that Megha is understanding Mohans pain but she was giving very vague expressions - so I don't know whether she was feeling sorry for Mohan or not. Given her hang up for Amar- I'd say Amar hi Amar ka khayal tha usko us scene mein. Mera bichara Monu. Hugs for him .
8) I can't believe I wrote so much on the first 10 minutes of the show- with the actual sequence still left.
Baaki was SO filler man. Like most of you guys, I couldn't for the life of me understand the pointless SENTI lyrics to the new song. Sorry to say, I didn't even like the female NBT verse beech mein. It felt very jarring us song ke beech mein. And the first time that came on, the female seemed to stretch the wordings ...patani, maybe I'll feel differently on a second viewing.
9) Yeah, so now about the actual sequence- what I found most jarring was that they showed the SAME bit like a goddam 5 times? I dunno the exact number- but it seemed like that to me. Gosh. DRAGGING ki hadh hoti hai yaar. I mean I was watching the ME as it was being uploaded and at times I thought I got the wrong part- coz EVERY frickin part was showing the EXACT same thing.
Seriously. WE GET THE POINT! baar baar kyun dikha rahe ho. I am not saying that I didn't expect Megha to not go in nostalgic mode but after seeing that on a loop with Mohan all tanha in the BG with the same qawali score- saara impact lose ho gaya. And it just seemed so random. Megha kahin bhi jaati, peeche dekho toh Mohan is there. The scene lost its essence- dunno why they kept showing it in cut cut parts. Weird editing. Had they just showed it once- maybe the song wouldn't have been half as irritating. Overkill is the word like you said Anu.
10) I concur with you that Amar seems like a VERRRY sweet guy. I like that young newly wed couple vibe that he and Megha give. Mujhe toh kaafi convincing laga. I can't picture Mohan and Megha to be EVER like that. I guess (more like hope)- MM love story when it finally starts won't be 'sweet' but more passionate I guess? Going by all the aaahein Mohans bharoes when he looks at Megha and the way his eyes emote- passionate is the way to go I think.
11) That reminds me of the ending- how Megha seems to DRILL this in Mohans head- the first chance she got- its Amar and Amar all the way. Sigh. Dilli abhi door hai. BAHUT DOOR. Poor Monu again.
12) Oh oh.! Nanhi! How could I forget! Liked that conversation of hers with Mohan. But I didn't understand woh ITNA kyun ro rahi thi. As a kid, does she even know about Dinanath and the threat he poses? Thora OTT laga. Maybe its just coz I have seem Nanhi to be always in control, in check of her emotions, that this vulnerable side of hers was new to me. You know what , scratch that, she is A KID afterall. Kids are allowed to be like that- so its all okay I guess.
All in all, a VERRRY LONG epi.
Ab toh just waiting for Action packed tomorrow!
Edited by wuthering - 20 May 2012 at 3:18pm