Phir Subah Hogi

Why strong woman characters never work in India? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

-rupa-

IF-Rockerz

-rupa-

Posted: 20 May 2012 at 4:11am | IP Logged
I agree ...i am also one of them who dont see afsar bitya or hitler didi ..i am not sure of there story line but hopefully PSH story should be great enough to see .

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SmritiKatha

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why strong woman characters never work in India? (Page 2)" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kamala2012

kamala2012

Posted: 20 May 2012 at 7:29am | IP Logged
I agree to some extent but not fully. There are some shows, like Pratigya, who has always been a strong woman. Depends on how people think about strength. Some people think being patient and loving is strength. But Pratigya and that heroine of Ruk Jaana Nahin they are strong women or girls. 

It all depends on the story. How they show the characters will decide everything. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ANNMTpallavi25

OmnipotenceZaxo

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 20 May 2012 at 10:03am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25

-Nightingale-

IF-Stunnerz

-Nightingale-

Posted: 20 May 2012 at 6:13pm | IP Logged
thats the problem..

audience like tears...the female leads crying and finding themselves... helpless and begging for help ...bags good TRPs...I wonder how people tolerate so much of emotional atyachar..

SmritiKathaOmnipotenceZaxo

OmnipotenceZaxo

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 21 May 2012 at 12:04am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

SmritiKatha-Nightingale-

manzilmukul

IF-Sizzlerz

manzilmukul

Posted: 21 May 2012 at 2:43am | IP Logged
Pia..Hug
You might not be knowing me but I have read many of your posts in other forums too and I so totally agree with you...
The greatest drawback with the Indian audience is that in spite of TV coming up with innovative concepts ppl like to stick to cliche disgusting regressive plots .
Clearly only two scenarios seem to work here-
1.regressive saas bahu drams where the whimpering dumb bahu will cry and cry and become the epitome of sacrifice and goodness making herself an ideal bahu clad in zardozi and jewellery .Also a must time tested formula would be her skills to dish out delicacies ,not forgetting to mention she will cry and cry more even if she puts extra water in the dhokla batter or if she makes the kheer a little less sugary...My point here is baseless issues--- as if  being a wonderful cook is the only criteria of being an ideal womanOuchShe will be tortured ,she will cry = TRP'S.

2. The so called hawt shows where the masochistic ,sadistic expressionless hunk will pine the girl against the wall every now and then with duppatas flying all around and silly eyelocks.

Sorry for going off topic but my point here is actually a strong women just dosen't seem to click with the audience..The shows you mentioned certainly are examples but you also have other shows where they failed to garner TRP's too LIKE Maryada which was all about strong women leads ,Gulaal etc..
It is indeed a shocking fact that meaningless stuff rules the charts but meaningful shows are axed one after the other.
Strong independent woman are a reality and they should be appreciated rather than trying to find pleasure in regressive showsOuch

****Piu

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

KalapiMR21-Nakshatra-SmritiKathaKhatamKahani

MR21

IF-Rockerz

MR21

Posted: 21 May 2012 at 5:58am | IP Logged
Hi Pia Hug
Its first time that I am commenting on your posts...though I read some of them before...
Word to that point about the importance is always given to the shows which show the female lead as a bechaari types who always cries n cries...with so much haawwt concepts with all longgg eyelocks and duppatta flying and trip n fall catches every now n then...
There is very less importance given to the characters of female leads which give an example of strong n sensible character...which are more realistic to the current world...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SmritiKatha-Nakshatra-manzilmukulKhatamKahani

croziaxx

Goldie

croziaxx

Posted: 22 May 2012 at 7:09am | IP Logged
Because most of people are senseless, they can enjoy any thing on the name of entertainment, don't understand how they enjoy and what they enjoy when a girl cry and cry continuously..
And don't think that T.R.P. measurement system is reliable , how could 5000-8000 people decided that what is good and what is bad ( wo bhi guju and maha)..
 And T.V.world is a business world so PH and channel want to drag their show for long, so ! for that they makes their heroin so doormat and silly, if heroin is strong she would not bear any kind of "Atyachar" that means her problem will end soon, that also means that show will end soon,but if heroin is "Rodu"means they can drag the show for long and silly audians " intjar kregi for kyamat tak ki heroin ki zindgi me khusi aaye aur heroin muskraye" jo ki kabhi nahi hoga... LOL           

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SmritiKathamanzilmukulKhatamKahani

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Phir Subah Hogi Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.