Phir Subah Hogi

Why strong woman characters never work in India?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

SmritiKatha

IF-Rockerz

SmritiKatha

Posted: 19 May 2012 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
I have fallen in love with the show ,It is well directed emotional , reralistic and gives us hope to fight for better tomorrow
Sugni is a strong character which was clear from the promo , when she refused to get her sardhakai.Now I don't know why but all the time strong woman characters hardly works the way weak ,doormat bahus work in tv 

Zee Tc now a days giving us strong woman characters like Krishan of afsar Bitiyan or Hitler didi from HD ,Now Sugni , but none of them are getting high trps It is sad that strong woman who can give indian women the courage to fight for injustice is not liked by mass.

Edited by --PiaSenGupta-- - 19 May 2012 at 1:55pm

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

126scyrinePutijaChalhovIamaPCmaniacrozieKalapiHillyloveDillikudiParulRatiShivijakther7-rupa-0-SD-0MR21-Nakshatra-manzilmukulKhatamKahanipallavi25-Nightingale-OmnipotenceZaxo

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why strong woman characters never work in India?" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Nakshatra-

IF-Rockerz

-Nakshatra-

Posted: 19 May 2012 at 2:43pm | IP Logged

It's not that such strong woman characters don't work. May be the show is yet to garner better response because of the strange tradition it depicts. By time people will accept shows with bold subjects rather than ridiculous saas bahu crap. This show particularly by Story and Screenplay is way ahead. Applause to everyone behind the show.

Edited by -Nakshatra- - 19 May 2012 at 2:47pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

larimel22cyrineIamaPCmaniacHillyloveKalapi-rupa-jakther7SmritiKathaKhatamKahani

-Srushti-

Viewbie

-Srushti-

Posted: 19 May 2012 at 9:40pm | IP Logged
Hey Pia..I agree with you to some extent...about the examples you cited...Hitler didi..I think started with great TRPs mainly bec of Rati Pandey...but Personally I think they have messed the story( Sorry if you are fanEmbarrassed...Only mhy POV),,,We were complaining same thing about Gulaal..which was a story of a strong girl...that it was not going well with the audience inspite of the story line...and other bahus who are always crying get higher trps...may be the audience connects well with the underdogsConfused..Dont know,,,may be we wil have to wait till they  become strong enough to connect with strong audienceEmbarrassed

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

jakther7MR21-Nakshatra-KhatamKahani

PutijaChalhov

Coolbie

PutijaChalhov

Posted: 19 May 2012 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
Pia nice post maybe the audience does not like the women in pants but the minority who like dont give TRPs we have the trps always behind the wicked dominating saas and the submissive crying bahu type of shows if you see the top trp getting shows or maybe some reality shows.

Experiments dont seem to work over a longer period I am liking the social drama and Sugni of PSH dont know how long the PH and CH will sustain it without spoiling the interesting story line

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jakther7KhatamKahani

KhatamKahani

IF-Sizzlerz

KhatamKahani

Posted: 19 May 2012 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chalhov

Pia nice post maybe the audience does not like the women in pants but the minority who like dont give TRPs we have the trps always behind the wicked dominating saas and the submissive crying bahu type of shows if you see the top trp getting shows or maybe some reality shows.

Experiments dont seem to work over a longer period I am liking the social drama and Sugni of PSH dont know how long the PH and CH will sustain it without spoiling the interesting story line
Which is why I wish they some of the shows I am enjoying these days have some kind of timetable and END in mind.  

The biggest culprit is the attempt to prolong the show as long as possible, only to have the plug pulled with only weeks' notice. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

PutijaChalhovjakther7-Nakshatra-

OmnipotenceZaxo

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 20 May 2012 at 12:32am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jakther7

OmnipotenceZaxo

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 20 May 2012 at 12:33am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jakther7

pallavi25

IF-Sizzlerz

pallavi25

Posted: 20 May 2012 at 1:02am | IP Logged
Dont worry, it will get there! 
PSH has been on air for only what? 2 months or so? And already its TRPs have made it to the toppers list at least here on IF! 
Its such a well made show that slowly it will pick up through word of mouth, I will recommend it to my friends and family, u all also do so and it will garner more and more viewers as the story progresses! 
As for the dhokla shows they are only enjoyed by the Gujju Bens and housewives who only enjoy kitchen politics and suffering DILs crying buckets at the slightest reason! 
As for the top ranking Diya aur Baati hum, some ppl love to see a bahu being tortured, they have some kind of sadistic streak, also the hero of that show is a total hunk so some women only watch the show for him I guess! LOL

Serial No. Rank Date Day Start Time Programme TVR
1 8 06/05/2012 Sun 21:00 KNORR SOUPY DID LITTLE MASTER 2 AUDITION 3.74
2 20 11/05/2012 Fri 22:30 PUNARVIVAH 2.65
3 22 11/05/2012 Fri 21:59 MRS KAUSHIK KI PAANCH BAHUEIN 2.46
4 24 07/05/2012 Mon 21:00 PAVITRA RISHTA 2.31
5 36 07/05/2012 Mon 21:30 PHIR SUBAH HOGI 1.75
6 40 10/05/2012 Thu 19:59 HITLER DIDI 1.55
7 46 08/05/2012 Tue 20:30 YAHAN MEIN GHAR GHAR KHELI 1.38
8 48 07/05/2012 Mon 19:29 CHHOTI BAHU 1.35
9 59 06/05/2012 Sun 11:05 HFF HUM AAPKE HAIN KAUN 1.17
10 62 11/05/2012 Fri 19:00 AFSAR BITIYA 1.02

As we see, PSH is on rank 36 in total of all channels, now count out the IPL matches and its on a higher rank. Its number 5 on Zee so its not too bad for a brand new show, right?

Edited by pallavi25 - 20 May 2012 at 1:08am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

KalapiKhatamKahaniOmnipotenceZaxo

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.