Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai

kripa a rockstar

Mrs.Brett Lee thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
i know somebody has posted it but i wanted to show u the photo of kripa in a saloon.

[email protected]
ONE MOMENT PLEASE! Kripa with Manish Malhotra at Aalim's salon
Now, it's Bollywood designer Manish Malhotra doing the makeover for a television character. Kripa (Neha Bamb) of the Sony daily Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai is all set to shed her small-town, girl-next-door image into that of a budding singer.

"Kripa is not going be radically different as other makeovers have done. I'm making her stylish in keeping with her pop icon status which she will soon have in the show," says Malhotra, who is clear that he is doing this makeover for television  "because it is a Balaji show and Ekta Kapoor is a dear friend. Otherwise, I would only do such stuff for TV if it is something really significant," he says.

Kripa will appear in a rock concert in the May 2 episode. This one-hour special will have her performing together with Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai's Angad (Mohammed Iqbal Khan). Indian Idol finalist Amit Sana also features in this special episode. He will belt out his favourite number, the Kisna title track.

"Kripa is young so I am giving her a peppy look. It's somewhat of a cross between Cher and Madonna. Her hair is straight so there will be lots of volume added to make it full-bodied with curls at the base. Natasha at Aalim's is giving her the new haircut. Pallavi is doing her nails, while her outfit, which has been created overnight, has the nude skin colour look with lots of silver and metallic work."

Malhotra also points out that suddenly everyone is talking about makeovers and transformations. "That's because the television industry has awoken to it. Makeovers have been happening for years in films. Urmila Matondkar in Rangeela, Karisma Kapoor in Raja Hindustani, Rani Mukerji in Chalte Chalte."

Incidentally, Malhotra will also feature in the episode. "I have just arrived from Goa and I'm in my working clothes with a stubble and without any makeup," he says during the shoot at Aalim's yesterday. Malhotra is also seen on the small screen as anchor of the Manish Malhotra Show on Zoom.

Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai, which went on air last month, is about rock star Angad and small-town girl Kripa. She who comes to Mumbai to pursue her musical aspirations and to meet her Angad, who she is in love with.

[email protected]

They've all had makeoversโ€ฆ

* Jassi (Mona Singh) of Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin (Sony)
* Nikki (Shweta Aggarwal) of Dekho Magar Pyar Se (Star Plus)
* Pooja (Shama Sikander) of Ye Meri Life Hai (Sony)
* Kareena (Kulraj Kaur) of Kareena Kareena (Zee)

Kripa's new look

Out: Her long, straight hair
In: Full-bodied hair with curls at the base

Out: Her short nails
In: A new set of manicured, painted talons

Out: Her salwar kurtas
In: Manish Malhotra creations

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sa*ra thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
kool ...am lookin fwd 2 seeing the 1 hr-episode on monday ... but am also dreading seeing the make-over ...as reali do hope they don't lose the 'kripa from the kripa'
Maan-Diwani thumbnail
Does anybody have pics of the episode and of the new krip, i can just imagaine it pritvi and angad with their mouths wide open!!!!๐Ÿ˜‰
anjali.nair thumbnail
wow!!! cooooooolll ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ can't wait for the episode. Hope Kripa looks good and makeover doesn't ruin her like it did to Jassi.
TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
I don't think angad will have his mouth wide open even if he is floored by Kripa's new look.Arrogance!๐Ÿ˜ก
kool*kariya* thumbnail
hope da makeover is not OTT....dats all i can say