Agam - Character of Substance

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
Hello Everyone,  

It has become rare to see characters like Agam on television. Agam is not portrayed as all in out a negative character nor a positive character. The character has very realistic shades. You can sense the pain and the agony within him, yet he appears to be a tough nut to crack. He has built a wall around him so that he never breaksdown. Yes, he seeked revenge, but he had this horrifying past that was haunting him till date. He was looking for solace from all his miseries. The day he achieved victory from his rampage on destroying Amrit, suddenly he was not at peace nor freed from his past. He now has a burden. It hit him that what he did with Nimrit was wrong. He held great respect for Nimrit. He does not consider himself worthy nor wants to let himself come close to her. However, he felt the need to fix his mistakes. He was true to himself and Nimrit . He felt obligated to protect her as he is responsible for her state and wanted to release her from their unwanted relationship. Having this said, Nimrit is truly his soul mate. She is the one who can relief him of his pain and bring a change. You see some bits of him trying to call his mother "Ma" instead of "Budiya". I think these little little things will eventually help Agam as a person. Amongst all this, I cannot forget to mention that the character is a very wise and an intelligent one. His sharp mind can see through the double meaning dialogues of Amrit. Nimrit has lived with her sister all her life and is still not able to connect to her sister nor understand her capabilities. Is she at fault? Not really. "Love is Blind", the saying comes true in the case of Nimrit. She doesn't want to read through those double meanings. She takes everything at face value. Agam, on the other hand has seen Amrit's betrayal. She says one thing, but has a meaning behind everything. Agam has experienced this and has made himself strong. He will definitely stand with Nimrit through all the rough time. I think this is why Agam and Nimrit are made for each other. They complete eachother. What one is weak at the other one is strong at. If Nimrit is carried away in emotions, Agam is the one to pull her back. If Agam has become emotionless then Nimrit is the one to add life. I think these two are just meant to be and I cannot wait to see in the future how both help eachother. What I really love about Agam: He is who he is!

Regards,
Gagan
Edited by SkyLight - 11 years ago
very well written gagan...

Agam with his wounded heart in the childhood and which he let fester... most probably as no one stood by him... his greedy, insensitive father and helpless mother didnt help in this entire fiasco...
and the revenge finally took shape and his humiliation avenged but at the cost of an innocent nimrit...
Agam being a very sensitive individual realises this and feels repentant and at the same time responsible for his deeds...
Now they are married and he knows her as a good and kind person.. though he has asked her to take her freedom and walk out, she has not done so... this makes him respect her for standing by her vows and though he shows that he does not care ... one can see in his actions that he is always very protective about her, then be it with his father or her sister... he can never see her hurt by anyone including himself...
I have a feeling she has already made her way into his heart ...he has just not realised it yet... all his soft emotions for her he has not been able to see and explain... but slowly with time the hardness within him will crumble and he will feel deep love for his beautiful wife
@gagan..so very well penned down..

Agham is a character of no pretence..like you said he is who he is..

No fakeness in him...so many layers in his character ..someone who has no emotions nor shows it as he has lived with so much hatred for 20 yrs..

For him to not call his mother maa but budiyaaa indicates he has no emotional attachement ..with nimrit coming in his life its like a breath of fresh air..she has brought what was missing in his life..the aura of love..someone with a pure heart and who dont see fault in anyone even her sis amrit.. someone who shows respect for her elders and taking her marriage vows seriously..she is making an impact on his life..

you said it nimrit pure heart ..good nature somehow is her weakness but agham with experience of life has made him intelligent and to read through people's mind..his overpowering personality is enough to shield his wife from all the negativity of amrit..

Your title of your post suits agham ..he is a character of substance which we rarely get to watch on screen..as for Agni its destiny ..made for each other.nimrit to heal agham's wound and agham as her savior in shining armor..

Originally posted by cjs369

very well written gagan...

Agam with his wounded heart in the childhood and which he let fester... most probably as no one stood by him... his greedy, insensitive father and helpless mother didnt help in this entire fiasco...
and the revenge finally took shape and his humiliation avenged but at the cost of an innocent nimrit...
Agam being a very sensitive individual realises this and feels repentant and at the same time responsible for his deeds...
Now they are married and he knows her as a good and kind person.. though he has asked her to take her freedom and walk out, she has not done so... this makes him respect her for standing by her vows and though he shows that he does not care ... one can see in his actions that he is always very protective about her, then be it with his father or her sister... he can never see her hurt by anyone including himself...
I have a feeling she has already made her way into his heart ...he has just not realised it yet... all his soft emotions for her he has not been able to see and explain... but slowly with time the hardness within him will crumble and he will feel deep love for his beautiful wife

Thank you so much for your feedback! You brought up a very crucial fact that I forgot to mention. Nimrit is doing what his parents should have done when he was a child. If we look back we cannot blame entirely Amrit as well, because the father did not do anything to help either. Now his mother is really caring, but is very subserviant. She was not able to do much because of her careless husband. The way Agam was brought up, he was just not able to forget the humiliation. His personality was shaped accordingly and no one helped him in that process of maturing to an adult. Most definitely, it will take time, but one day Agam and Nimrit will succeed in life.
I have to say a lot of stuff, reserving for now :) 
  Thanks Gagan your post is awesome  I have to agree with you 100% Agam acting is superb.
hey sweets u have nicely written it out me like every bit of it really too good...👏👏👏

i'll surely reply back with my bit of it too cause me right now busy so i'll back but u've read my post so tht should u give u an idea of wat i think agam's character is like too..😉😳😳
I totally agree with whatever you said Gagan.. Agam is very vulnerable if you notice from the inside.. he doesn't wanna hurt Nimrit but whatever he says he thinks it's for her good.. he doesn't know what Nimrit wants but still he tells her to leave because he thinks she is in pain..he is in a shell and he needs to come out of it.. Nimrit is one who is now helping him come out of it slowly...

Saveeta.. I love your two cents on everything.. you are a good writer..
😳
Thank you soo much Everyone for your feedback. I will definitely reply to all tomorrow as I am caught in the middle of something right now.
I just have to say I watched today;s episode just a few min back and the precap just blew me away if the ending was not already mind blowing enough :D