Phir Subah Hogi

angry at thakurs in todays episode

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

sunheri

Groupbie

sunheri

Posted: 16 May 2012 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Amrita was shown to record the whole event. After seeing todays episode I am really angry at thakur s. I think Sugni should run to delhi and Vik should help her get a job and she becomes independent, financially sound, falls in love and marries. Then she comes back to this village and takes her mom with her. Then it will be slap on those thakurs and thukurain!!!!!!
OR
Amrita should broadcast this whole show as documentary ...and Sugni gets offers to work in this serial or the documentary and she becomes financially sound ...womens organization should step in and really teach these thakur a lesson. Finally she should start a oragnization that will help women like her to break free of this tradition ...start classes that will teach them to become financially independent. Then she should stand in elections and become a minister/MP  and then I would like to see these thakurs what they have to say !!it would be really fun!!!

I just cant believe Jhwala thakur, sugni is his daughter and he has no compassion for his own daughter...He himself would send her to sar-dhakai...!!!!!!! Does he realize that he is sending his own daughter to this flesh-tradition!!!!

Anyhow I hope Vikram keeps on helping Sugni in realizing her dreams...I love the way he supports her.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

sueclalitha13hazelnutmarylinTrieshkamuraligagan-preetsunramPutijaChalhovrozieOmaRamdasspallavi25..Mishh007..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "angry at thakurs in todays episode" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

pallavi25

IF-Sizzlerz

pallavi25

Posted: 16 May 2012 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
My experience has shown me this:
Many Indian men are misogynists (women-haters) and many Indian women are witches (who hate their own gender). And they always target women and girls in a weaker position, who are economically, socially weak and downtrodden! 
Men take advantage of these poor women/girls and use them for their dirty desires... and rich women treat them like trash, they dont have an iota of compassion for their disadvantged compatriots. 
Look at the example of most of the thakurs, they fall in the misogynists group...proving the popular American phrases... "all men are dogs" and "all men are pigs"
And women like Jwala Thakur's wife and Naganiya and the other Bednis, women who have no compassion or sympathy for Gulabiya or Sugni fall in the latter category!
There are good men and women as well like Thakur Vikram Singh and Amrita and Sugni's friends...but their voices get drowned by the voices of evil intent and exploitation! 
I really hope Vikram rescues Sugni from the worst fate which she has been trying to avoid and Amrita sends her vdo to a TV station so the whole country become aware of Sugni's plight and women's organizations go there to help Sugni in her battle against the scoundrel Thakurs and their wives!

Also these misogynist men and witchy women are the ones who commit other crimes against weaker and helpless women...like in-laws burning brides for dowry, female foeticide, human trafficking, and the list goes on and on!! 

Edited by pallavi25 - 16 May 2012 at 12:10pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Laks05hazelnutmarylinmystifyresunherisunram

hazelnut

hazelnut

Posted: 16 May 2012 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
I could see this forming into a long journey for Sugni and the society as a whole..
I agree there should be women organizations formed and such - although it'll be difficult for this culture to just have outsider people coming in and telling them how to run their own society, won't it ? :( some of the members of the Bedni community, I think, will have to step up to support Sugni in order to bring about a change to this society. The oppressed have to do something otherwise the suppressors will keep doing what they do unless they have a change of heart (which doesn't seem likely from seeing the Thakurs in the show)

I can't wait to see how such a change... or even a slight change... in these strongly held views and traditions will come about :O or, will it be only a change in Sugni's life?

Even Jwala Thakur doesn't treat his wife so equally or that nicely, perhaps that makes her envious and filled with contempt for the Bednis, especially Gulabiya - that if she's not treated very well, why should they be? The Thakur wives have hardly any empathy for them and if the men who are supposed to be respected in the society treat these women like objects, then others may dehumanize them too especially since they wouldn't want to share their husband with someone else - and Jwala doesn't really let her talk even so she takes it out her anger and other feelings on lower people in the society.

And, maybe Jwala Thakur sees, as well as everyone else, Sugni as an outcast to the traditions and rituals of the society - that maybe a punishment and forcing rituals on her would set her straight (also, it may be hard for him to ever admit/accept or see a younger person as correct in her actions). I don't think he sees anything wrong at all in the traditions, so it wouldn't be 'fair' to have his daughter as an exception to the rule... if she becomes an exception, what would that really mean for the society's traditions/rituals?

Edited by hazelnut - 16 May 2012 at 1:26pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

mystifyremarylinTrieshsunrampallavi25

marylin

Groupbie

marylin

Posted: 16 May 2012 at 9:17pm | IP Logged
Thanks  for sharing your thoughts.I'm learning a lot from you all . I pity those women who are used and abused by these so called Thakurs and their wives. PHS story is very timely . I support sugni in her fight  all the way.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pallavi25

PutijaChalhov

Coolbie

PutijaChalhov

Posted: 16 May 2012 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
Stupid Muchad Thakurs some one should save off half their mushtache so that they all get their punishment for following repressive traditions

This comment is for this episode where all make a group and attack one simple teenage girl who is trying to do something different.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sunrampallavi25

pallavi25

IF-Sizzlerz

pallavi25

Posted: 17 May 2012 at 12:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chalhov

Stupid Muchad Thakurs some one should save off half their mushtache so that they all get their punishment for following repressive traditions

This comment is for this episode where all make a group and attack one simple teenage girl who is trying to do something different.

These so called traditions are made by those evil Thakurs' ancestors to serve their own dirty purposes! Like the Devdasi system the Bedni customs are also just a form of formalized prostitution for the exploitation of disadvantaged women of lower caste by upper caste men! Angry

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Princesstiannacbindia2009sunramPutijaChalhov

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.