Something to think about.

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
First of all can I just clarify I am a huge fan of Suraj's character, so this isn't a bashing. It's just something that has bugging me since the episode where they were both expected to consummate the marriage.

When the family found out they hadn't done 'it', Suraj stuck up for Sandhya saying it's not about just the physical relationship. It's also to do with the meetings of the heart. Even now Suraj believes it should only happen when they're both ready to. What's bugging me is, if Sandhya hadn't stopped Suraj on that day how far would Suraj have gone? If Sandhya wasn't the type to speak up, would have gone all the way? Why did it take Sandhya to speak up for him to realise this? 

I know this happened ages ago, but I can't get that thought out of my head.

I vividly remember the scene you are talking about, it was a crucial scene that has set the stage for the current events!

From my understanding of Suraj's character ... the kiss from him onto her fingers was his way of saying ... ours is an arranged marriage where my mom chose you for me, and the heavens above blessed our relationship ... and with this kiss I want to tell you that I accept you in my life, I shall be there for you in whatever way possible ... I love you today and always! ... it was a gesture of reassurance !!

It's more like a modern day proposal where a guy kneels with a rose in his hand asking will you be mine forever and seals their relationship with a kiss on the fingers of her hand.

I don't think he meant anything more with that kiss coz his meaning would depend on her reaction to the kiss!

It's a generalized and accepted norm that men are the ones who should go ahead and propose!

Originally posted by -TomNJerry-

I vividly remember the scene you are talking about, it was a crucial scene that has set the stage for the current events!

From my understanding of Suraj's character ... the kiss from him onto her fingers was his way of saying ... ours is an arranged marriage where my mom chose you for me, and the heavens above blessed our relationship ... and with this kiss I want to tell you that I accept you in my life, I shall be there for you in whatever way possible ... I love you today and always! ... it was a gesture of reassurance !!

It's more like a modern day proposal where a guy kneels with a rose in his hand asking will you be mine forever and seals their relationship with a kiss on the fingers of her hand.

I don't think he meant anything more with that kiss coz his meaning would depend on her reaction to the kiss!

It's a generalized and accepted norm that men are the ones who should go ahead and propose!

Nicely put👏
@Topic starter About the question how far would he have gone if not Sandy screaming at him
Answer for that ... Suraj's charecter  is not a type person who takes pleasure only...
for him it's give first and then if that person is giving back to u then take it with both hands.
If she had not stopped him that time ...may be he would have read her expression and stopped it...damn sure he wouldn't have gone ahead without seeing Sandy's smile or shyness😃

great question Thamanna...i do remember back when that scene happened...and i saw the precap - i was shocked to see suraj kissing her hand...but i had faith in his character..

what my understanding of suraj is along the lines of what TJ said...and that Suraj has been brought up by non-oother than Bhabho - so he has been infused with these ways that he should act...and what he did was to some extent show that he is here as her husband and has accpeted her whole heartedly...i knew he would never go any further...so i come back to what TJ said...he would have gauged her response to that before anything else ...

really interesting thing to think about after so long...