Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

cyrine

cyrine

Posted: 15 May 2012 at 8:11am | IP Logged

You are all right that the age gap between them doesnt stand as an argument. I agree with all of you on that! 

Becuase the age gap might not be a big issue after all becuase when I think about sugnis purpose and dreams but also about every bedias dream of having a marriage and a normal life like other women, The age gap reason becomes smaller and smaller. And I agree completley that the show is about marriage and sardakai. And I think that considering the fact that Vik might already be married I was trying to find a reson to be aginst the Sug-vik jodi and ended up with the age gap, my bad! I think the reason (after some thinking) behind me being against sug-vik pair is not the age but other things for example: 

Ever since Gulabiya told Sugni about her being a young girl at the age of just 15-16 and doing the sardakai only to provide for her family, her brothers. Becuase at that age she could not do anything else like looking for a job to earn money. Therefore she went along with the sardakai and got trapped in this evil circle. Becuase she said that she wanted to get married too and that is why she understands and respects but also support sugni in her mission of not becoming a Raai dancer. Gul doesnt want Sugni to the sardakai thing becuase she knows that Sugni will be trapped. Who will marry her after the sardakai? Because They all know what Sardakai means, even if Vik is nice and does the sardakai only to potect her, his intentions will be good and he will maintain his distance. But who will know that they havet hat mutual respect and agreement. Sugni will be considered as a "mistress" of a Takur however you twist and turn in it in they eyes of the villiagers. 

And Iam sure that by the age 38-40 any Takur would be insane not to have got married and have children at the age of atlest 8-13 in order to have an heir, I dont buy that. And as some others have said earlier that perhaps Vik is a widower and he loved his wife dearly and therefore have not got married yet etc etc and now Sugni is changing him yada yada yada' or perhaps he was in love with someone that he did not end up with and therefore is not married! I dont buy that either becuase Vik doenst seem to be a widower or a Romeo. He is not in misery, he is not sad and he certainly is not angry about anything in his lfe. He seems to be a (surprisingly) a nice Takur. He seems to be a nice man, a sharp one who calculates every moves he makes. He is not impulsive and he has control over hismelf and actions. I doubt that Vik have any underlying problems regarding his personal life. I think that he is quite happy and calm individual who have lived his entire life with all the necceties and comforts of life without any big tragedies (except his siters life being ruined and his chaachi commiting suicide) Therefore if the CVS are going to do any kind of these tricks with Vik that he was a majnu or is widower' Then it is a shame becuase so far they have done a wonderful job with his charcter. Changing him drastically would mean changing the entire script. 

And Iam also fed up with the hate turned into love after they get married, there are sveral serials about that already. And No I have not said that a forced marriage on sugni from Adis side would be okay, but I would rather choose that than Vik ( a married man) doing Sugnis sardakai and sugni ending up in her mothers house and doing the Raai dance day and night in order to provide for her entire family. But as you said, The cvs might not taket hat path as they seem to be creative this far. Let us see perhaps they have something better in mind than Adi forcing Sugni to marry him in order to save Vik (and his childrens childhood). 

Iam against all those things that are shown in serials, movies and media because as a psychology student I know what kind of effect the media have on people. Unconciounsly people do get affected and seeing those things(another member mentioned "There are plenty of other shows in which much much worse stuff is shown, forced marriage, rapists getting married to their victims..") all of these things do increase peoples tolerance towards these issues, And age gap might seem to be a small thing but let us admit that in reality a 40 year old might not be as appealing as vikram is, the age gap between Sugni and vik quite acceptable because he looks good, is quite fit and takes care of himslef. In reality there are alot of 40 year olds that are quite "disgusting" icky, improper and obscene in behaviour. And snce Vik is good looking  they t will just beutify the whole romatic ange between him and sugni. Keeping in mind that serials beautifys love to an extent that it gets unberable at times, there is sooo much exageration of love confessions, feelings, emotions etc etc and let us not talk about the background music and the camera movements. I dont want a serial that screams for a change in this tribe and tries to make  people aware of the problems to beutify and exaggerate an 40 year old Takur  love for a just 18 year old girl. Why cannot the CVS show other relations between a man and woman except love, for example friendship and mutual respect, why does it always have to be about love and marriage or becomin Majnu and Juliet if tehy dont end up togteher???

And that is not good. Anyways in sug-vik situation there are alot of ther factors that comes with that age gap (especially in viks case) as mentioned above, being a takur and not having an heir by the time he is 40- doubtable! 

(Regarding age it is my personal opinion in sug-vik case. Please note that when Iam refering to age Iam not talking about Varun the actor but Iam talking about Vikram the character. I think that varun is doing a fantastic job as vik, her portrays a sharp and intelligent Takur very well. I want to see different aspects ' I dont want him to turn into this lovey dovey 40 year old Takur (as some say that he is not married and thefore he and Sug can end up togther) vik have other potentials that are much more suitable for him, he can have grey shades for instance. 

Regarding Adi, he will have to sooner or later learn to respect Sugni because of the fact that she is a human being and have dreams, feelings, morals and values just like others. Before he can respect her for being a bedni who want to go aganst the tradditions. I wouldnt want him to change his perspective about one bedni, (sugni) I want him to change his entire perspective about all bedias, that he should not group them together and not think that they all want to trap rich men/Takurs. He needs to let go of those prejudices and twisted beliefs about bedia Tribe. I hope that the CVs dont show us Adi falling fo SUgni and then chaging his views. I want him to first respect all the Bedni and then fall in love. And his acting have improved, I loved the scene between him and Sugni by the river. There were wise words from sugni, I hope that aDi learns something soon! Adi needs to have more scenes with Sugni so that we can make an assumption if they are suitable or not before jumping to conclusion. 

CVs will have to surpris us regarding Sugni, Vikram and Adis characters.  I guess! 

Edited by cyrine - 15 May 2012 at 8:29am

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

abin11mystifyreBiggestDEKfanaj_12mariyakamranPutijaChalhovbhavika0611romancefanaysha1989sparikhrozietulipdaisyOmaRamdassKhatamKahanimanzilmukulTheBlackJaguar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The reasons why I am against VIk-Sugni pair" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

bhavika0611

Goldie

bhavika0611

Posted: 15 May 2012 at 1:00pm | IP Logged
My irony is that i'm agreed to every thing what you have written, but i'm so much smitten by vikram and sugni's chemistry that i want to see them together. This what i have written earlier

Let's wait and watch , how cv's will shape up the characters

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Saima2010padmaja19romancefanmonu_tanradt-rupa-tulipdaisy

radt

IF-Rockerz

radt

Posted: 15 May 2012 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
^ i couldn't believe my mum was watching "a pathetic show" and i ended up sitting there with her cuz my ac wasn't working! (Imagine)
And I am totally into vikram Sugni! I cannt imagine them not being the leads...
there chem is EPIC!

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

yellowpurseSaima2010Raleighbcatromancefanbhavika0611ParulRatiShivi-rupa-TheBlackJaguar

rani-lucki

IF-Sizzlerz

rani-lucki

Posted: 15 May 2012 at 3:58pm | IP Logged
vikram is a suprisingly nice thakur---i like his character, and ofcourse varun is 1 of the reasons for it :-)
i totally understand wot u are  saying---- the thing of vikram marrying sugni to save her from rai--didn't occur in my head... but interesting thought, would be interesting to see it and the situations that leads to it

i also don't want to see vikram turning into a 16 yr old lover boy--he is amazing as he is----a nice young man
i don't know why in drama serials all the guys are totally loverboys or the angry young men turn into lover boys...this totally doesn't happen in real life and it's so out of character

personally i like vikram-sugni as a pair despite the age thing that some people are on about
sugni is 18 n a half and vikram seems about 35, this is quite a difference but still it's not like a 16 n a 40 yr old so theres nothing disgusting about it
both are mature adults so i see no problems :-)

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Saima2010Julie0001bhavika0611-rupa-TheBlackJaguar

monu_tan

IF-Rockerz

monu_tan

Posted: 15 May 2012 at 8:52pm | IP Logged
The problem is i dont see much sparks between adi sugni..somehow they lack the chemistry but if u compare the same kind of scenes between vik and sugni they have awesome screen presence and chemistry. 

Vik is shown to be a very sensible thakur with modern beliefs in the show. He himself would consider it wrong to be in luv with sugni unless he has a problem in his marriage. Lets just wait n watch

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

bhavika0611-rupa-TheBlackJaguar

TheBlackJaguar

IF-Stunnerz

TheBlackJaguar

Posted: 16 May 2012 at 3:02am | IP Logged
Your opinion is fine in its place and its justified as you have freedom of choice. But similarly , people have reasons that they are FOR Vikram and Sugni's pairing. What is the problem if people root for Viks and Sugz? You love Adi and Sugz and some people like Viks and Sugz. Each to his own . Simple much.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

padmaja19atriaradt-rupa-

TheBlackJaguar

IF-Stunnerz

TheBlackJaguar

Posted: 16 May 2012 at 3:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by radt

^ i couldn't believe my mum was watching "a pathetic show" and i ended up sitting there with her cuz my ac wasn't working! (Imagine)
And I am totally into vikram Sugni! I cannt imagine them not being the leads...
there chem is EPIC!

Same pinch. Hug

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

bhavika0611radt-rupa-

-rupa-

IF-Rockerz

-rupa-

Posted: 16 May 2012 at 11:57am | IP Logged
i just happen to see this serial one day ...to know what is this up to...i
tottaly fall in love with vikram and with sugini it is fire on screen...
..i am watching for vikram and its pair with sugini

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

yellowpurse

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.