Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Oneandall thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: shonuz_mom

I totally agree with you. I was thinking about starting a similar post, but couldn't quite find the right words to put it across. Thanks for doing that.

Your welcome. Thanks for replying! This post is indeed hard because everywhere all that is shown is disappointment with the episode. . .😊
mem1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
You are very articulate. and you make excellent points. There are some points where I kind of differ from your opinion, but i really don't have the time right now to go into detail. but I did like your POV  and think similarly for the most part.

Hoping to see some good discussion on this post!

Lumos thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Agree with your each and every point...simply brilliantly put...these were the same things that came to my mind too but i wasnt able to articulate it well..!

Thanks yaar for the fab post..!

bdw your siggie-"No one can hurt me without my permission" perfectly applies to priya! And Hope it applies to RaYa FOREVER!!
hide thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Yaar even to confess his love for Priya he relied on a coin and Vikram''s ideas.

🤣
Mani-RK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: lats22

Yaar even to confess his love for Priya he relied on a coin and Vikram''s ideas.

🤣

come on guys KK thought priya about love n in da same way vik adviced ram n even priya was in love with ashwin few years back so she knws abt such feelings
RUSmart thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ram's character at this point is so dissappointing. He is shown as a dumb character. How the hell he is a top businessman? He does not even deserve to be normal streetvendor. They have to show his role in a more dynamic way. With all the domestic problems he should be able to come over all this and attend his business properly. This is not a way a top tycoon behaves when his wife leaves him. Priya of course is doing a wonderful job. Edited by RUSmart - 12 years ago
Oneandall thumbnail

Originally posted by: pink27

Agree with most of your points regarding Priya, But here is my take.

1.Agree Vikram was completely out of character as he did have smile on his face while he was talking about Ram,,I too noticed Priya's expressions while Vikram was talking about Ram-Grim and serious..her expressions only changed when he told that this has affected Niharika and she realised her plan seems to be working..But in the scene Priya's concern aver Ram did come out but not aas strongly as I wld have wanted to see.. This is definetly a personal preference so I will not strongly argue against it. But all i can say is that it would have been redundant to see a more exaggerated response from Priya. She let out her frustrations crying on the way home in the taxi, she said to Vik in the last episode that she is doing this only for Ram and their love and that their love will definitely prosper. So viewers are not oblivious to her intentions and feelings. subtlety has a lot of strength and Ms. Tanwar is a queen with her subtle yet powerful expressions. for me it was plenty. 

Had they added one more dialogue such as " I hate to see Ram Like this but I am doing all this for his own good,for our good"--wld have made hell lot of difference..As a viewer I do understand that Priya is doing all this for Ram but at the same time wld have loved to see an emotional side to Priya along with the shrewed and practical side in equal measure..The CVs had shown this very effectively last weekbut on Monday it did come across but not as strongly that is why such reactions from most of us here... Now is not the time and place to get emotional. I loved how CVs presented a calm and collectively Priya, even though viewers saw her freaking out about being away from the house for three days and why is this Nih not calling yet. But also, if she had said that dialogue then it cannot just be that, it has to be followed by tears to make it genuine! Once again it was said already in the previous episode. Now let's move on!

2.Regarding Ram-Right now he is shown very emotionally affected with the separation,,,but in past he was never shown that he was a puppet and controlled by anyone regarding anything and everything--yes. he was working for Nih and family,obeying her respecting her etc but did have a mind of his own also he did overrule her many times...during Karwa chauth,during his wedding when Nih asked for a change of venue,Also during the Tilak rasam agreeing for a simple wedding...Niharika has also taken care so as not to upset Ram--she has threatened both Nuts and

Sid time and again  to be carefull--because if ram comes to know their 'kartoots' then no one woluld be able to save them..I agree to a certain extent. Yes he showed some spine with those examples but the underlying reason for his bold action was his respect for elders. And the simple wedding could also be attributed to the fact that he did not even want the wedding in the first place. And also Nih had put in his mind that his actions directly impact the relationship between Nuts and Karthik. Don't you love your sister? And off course we all know he does.

Its only when it comes to emotional aspects the man becomes vulnerable and gives in very easily and Nih has used it very effectively..so yes Nih had an 'emotional contol' over the man..as she could make him do anything even marry a girl he did not like by just emotionally blackmailing him..

Priya has identified this in Ram and she knows that Ram is emotionally attached to her ..and the separation  would affect him...and he wld stop giving in to Niharika's demands she wanted Nih to witness this change in Ram and her to realise that it is not just easy to just throw her out and 'control' Ram ..Am using the world 'control Ram'..because Niharika thinks so..that she has an emotional 'contol' over Ram...so her dialogue 'KI ko Ram Kapoor chalate hain aur RAm Kapoor ko Priya RAm Kapoor' was purely in Nih's context--because that is the only language she thinks and understands...

Exactly my point. But some people were going on about how this statement proved that Ram was just an object to be controlled and that's when i felt that well if his character is like that then he is demanding to be controlled. Since he can't take a decision for himself, he cannot live life and is just living life for others. When will he take his life seriously and fight for it (he said Priya was his life)? When will he take a decision for himself? so this hunger strike was the first jhalak, where he did not care about what anybody said he just wanted Priya. But as someone else posted this is NOT what a business tycoon should be like. Sitting in the room and crying like a baby be a man and do something. Well we can't expect much from him but this hunger strike was a baby step.

Dont think Priya wld ever want to 'control' her husband and use him to her advantage ever..the way Niharika was doing so far..If Ram's love for Priya is changing Ram and Nih's hold over him is decreasing so be it...cuz true love wld make the man much more stronger than anything else.. I don't think she would want to either BUT when last resort comes, that's exactly what she is going to do. A true life partner is to guide their partner on the right track. and all's fair in love and war. even if that means controlling him. I know it sounds bad but RAM has a lot of growing up to do. Maybe the right word is to teach him how to live!

My only dislike was that Ram becoming totally inactive while he was heart broken.he cld have shown taking some corrective measures on the Sharma front and shown ignoring his company--that wld have suited his character more.. True! We shall see what happens. Don't worry Priya "sherni" Kapoor is going to set him and his so called Family straight.

So to me the episode cld have been rocking if the CVs were more carefull--

1.They shld haven givne Priya a dialogue expressing her worry about Ram--even though her expressions were grim and serious while Viks was narrating about Ram--The emotion did not come out as strongly to my liking. Once again this is a personal preference. But it was good enough for me since it would have felt redundant and Priya grieving has progressed and to repeat it would be redundant and exaggerated. CVs used ST's expressive ability very well... subtle but dangerous.

2.Ram cld have shown some actions on the sharma front trying to ressurrect Kartik and also reaching out to the press regarding Priya's defamation.

I agree... let's see in the coming episodes. (btw Natasha was SO FRESH in TODAY' (may 15th) episode) WTH!

3.Avoiding the stupid Vik-Neha scene, True, if CVs put this in here for comic relief then it was not necessary, sometimes we want a serious episode but guess they were pacing the episode to span the content throughout the week. Neha obviously has no time to read the paper but has all the time in the world to hire some butler to spy on her husband.

4.Vikram NOT having that smile on his face during his scene with priya atleast when he was talking about Ram,The CVS cld have shown Viks attending to Ram and urging him to eat...instead of the Sharmas. agree with the expression BUT not with him visiting Ram since he would have ruined all of Priya's hard work. He is his buddy and had a good chance of pacifying this BIG BABY! Also Ram would not have died without eating for 3 days, a little bit of penance will pay off in the long run.

5.Vik-Neha scene was useless--Neha lost in her own world and not knowing about RaYA was irritating...

So for me CVS did ruin a chance to dish out a potentially rocking episode...

Its like preparing a good dish with all the perfect spices and masalas and then ruining it by adding too much salt or less salt..a minor error leading to a big disaster..

I get where you are coming from with your opinions. and thanks for sharing it... very well put!! 😊

Conclusion: loved your food analogy. But the way i see it was still rocking. Perfect blend of spices and masalas but just a little less salt (due to Neha-Vik scene and Vik's expression, Ram not doing anything more than crying). HOWEVER, in any dish if salt is less we can complain about it lacking or just add salt to taste and savour the richness of the masala and spices (which would be the plot). I would say salt would be too much in this dish (episode) if there was over-acting, which there wasn't. now that would completely spoil the dish... 😛

but am glad that the story did move further and was not a drag.. SAME! 😃

Edited by Oneandall - 12 years ago
Oneandall thumbnail

Originally posted by: -varun-

Agree with your each and every point...simply brilliantly put...these were the same things that came to my mind too but i wasnt able to articulate it well..!

Thanks yaar for the fab post..!

bdw your siggie-"No one can hurt me without my permission" perfectly applies to priya! And Hope it applies to RaYa FOREVER!!

Thanks! And i never even noticed the signature thing! 😆👍🏼