India-Forums

Yeh Meri Life Hai
Yeh Meri Life Hai

Reema's Chat Transcript

ThE_kHan07 IF-Rockerz
ThE_kHan07
ThE_kHan07

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 1:44pm | IP Logged

I think I am RELATED to the Gujral family....every time I ask other celebs qustions.the CJ never chooses them or chooses 1 of my q's but when I chatted with Ronit GUJRAL and Reema GUJRAL.........SUCCESS!!LOL here is the script.....Enjoy!

Simple Kaul

Transcript of LIVE CHAT with TV actress, Simple Kaul at 12 noon on Thursday, April 21, 2005 in Mumbai

Simpe Kaul
TV actress

"With regard to TV soaps, I don't think sex scenes are yet on the cards. Not for a decade at least, as saas-bahu sagas still rule the television."

Clod > Do you ant to be an actress or a singer?
Simple Kaul > I always wanted to be an actress and that's why I am pursuing this profession. Singing is something that I want to do for myself.

Ria_192003 > Hi Simple! How did you get your first break on TV? Can you please tell me if a portfolio is necessary (in this field)?
Simple Kaul > Portfolio (set of photographs shot professionally) is very important because that's like your resume - your first impression. I had distributed my pictures among (model) coordinators and then I was sent for an audition. That's how I was selected for a role in the soap Kkusum , which was my first break.

Taf_k > I heard that you were supposed to play "Mandy" in the TV serial Ye Meri Life Hai (YMLH) but got "Reema's" role instead. How did that happen?
Simple Kaul > Yes, I was called for "Mandy's" role but, considering my look, I did not suit the part. So, I was not interested in that role.

Taf_k > What is your wildest fantasy?
Simple Kaul > I want to see what happens, after death.

Ketki > Hi Simple! Your name is very different. Why are you hardly seen in YMLH? From where did you start your acting career?
Simple Kaul > I am hardly being seen because the channel has decided a different story between the other three protagonists. Since I had nothing much to do in it so I told them that I would rather not be seen than just standing around like a buffoon. I started doing theatre in Delhi and then did some modelling in Delhi. Thereafter, I shifted my base to Bombay (Mumbai) distributed my pictures to production houses, coordinators and that's how I got started in television with Kkusum being my first soap.

Mili > How did you get to play "Reema ?"
Simple Kaul > I got a call from a production house to audition for the role of "Mandy ". At the time I wore a longhair wig and a salwar (ethnic) suit. The moment I changed into my own clothes (western wear) and removed my wig, they saw my short-cropped hair. It was a complete changed look. My creative head was sitting next to me and remarked that I'd be apt for Reema's role. Actually, I was quite happy with the decision, as it was the character I could relate to.

Nidhi > Hi Simple! How are you? You really look beautiful!
Simple Kaul > Thanks a lot!

Danny1 > Has anyone told you that you look like (super model in India) Yana Gupta?
Simple Kaul > No, but that's a compliment. Thank you!

Ymlh_05 > Hi Simple, how are you?
Simple Kaul > I am doing well. Really elated in life, thank you.

Danny1 > Does your sexy look automatically qualify you for an item number?
Simple Kaul > I wish that was the truth, but I am a very bad dancer.

Riya > Helloooooo Simple! How are you? What have you planned for your future?
Simple Kaul > I am doing great, thank you. I am gonna start a new show but can't talk about it yet. And I want to concentrate on ads and maybe, offbeat cinema.

Reshma > Hi Simple. You have a good complexion. What do you do to maintain your skin? Also, are you doing any films?
Simple Kaul > I exercise, drink a lot of water and do not go out in the sun. In terms of films, nothing as of now.

Taf_k > Would you want a brother like "Ronit" in real life? Which scene in YMLH did you have a hard time in shooting?
Simple Kaul > Definitely, yes because he is so caring and pampers so much. Who wouldn't want a brother like him? There were a few sequences of rain-dance shot at night. We shot for seven nights, consecutively. And during the day I was shooting for (another serial) Shararat . So, all the seven days I could only sleep for one or two hours in a day. It was the most difficult time for me. I was crying (within) but on the surface I had to laugh and jump and look good.

Taf_k > How many hours a day do you and your co-stars shoot for YMLH? Do you guys get a chance to go home everyday or do you have to spend a night or two shooting?
Simple Kaul > As of now, I am not shooting that much. But there are times when we used to shoot for 18 to 20 hours everyday. We used to go home catch up with whatever sleep we could get and come back on the sets. The set was like a home and my own home was like a little strange place, as I only used to go there to sleep.

Danny > Are you from Mumbai or did work take you there? Are you very friendly with actress Shama Sikandar(Pooja)?
Simple Kaul > I am from Delhi. Work brought me to Mumbai and yes, I am very friendly with Shama.

Jeeya > Hey Simple, what food do you relish? Are you a vegetarian? If not, what's your favourite non vegetarian dish?
Simple Kaul > I am a vegetarian. I like to have juices and fruits and love Thai food.

Danny > With the success of Ye Meri life Hai and Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin do you think that the days of Saas-Bahu are over?
Simple Kaul > They aren't over, as people still watch the shows. But I am sure, with different set of programmes that are coming up now, the trend would change in terms of more youthful programmes.

Raina > Do you plan to stick around as an actress for long?
Simple Kaul > Yes, forever!

Ketki > You are from Delhi then how often do you meet your parents? Or, do your parents stay with you in Mumbai?
Simple Kaul > I keep going to Delhi every three months or they come to Mumbai to visit me.

Sharad > Hi Simple, you seem like a very friendly person. Who is your best friend?
Simple Kaul > I have two best friends. One lives in Delhi and her name is Ruchi. In Mumbai, I have a friend whose name is Sharad. Yes, I am a very friendly person.

Rosa > Are you gonna continue with theater? I believe you used to do theatre in Delhi, before taking up acting on TV.
Simple Kaul > If I get time, I will continue with theater. Yes, I used to do theatre before taking up acting.

Kak > You look hot in the pic put up on the net here. Do you like to wear clothes that make you look sexy? What is your style sense?
Simple Kaul > Thanks! Yes, I love to wear clothes that make me look sexy. I dress up according to my mood. I generally like casual wear like jeans and a top or a short denim skirt with a top and a pair of sport shoes.

Danny > Though Sharukh is the only one to make it big in films (after starting) from TV. Do you think that girls can make it big on TV too, the same way?
Simple Kaul > Of course they can, but you need to be really focused, talented, confident and sure in life and also be very optimistic.

Mena > Are you going to continue as a model too?
Simple Kaul > Yeah, I wouldn't mind doing modeling.

Rachit > We are seeing you on TV. Do you have any film offers coming your way?
Simple Kaul > Nothing, as of now.

Danny > Do you think that theatre is the best training one can get in acting? With more and more boldness on TV, do you think sex scenes are on the cards on TV soaps?
Simple Kaul > Absolutely, theatre is a school where you are taught the finer aspects of acting that we generally overlook when we are acting on TV. In terms of sex scenes, I don't think so. Not for a decade at least. Saas-bahu is still ruling the television.

Sign Off Message > Thank you for logging on and sending all your questions. Love, Simple.

bhangra rulez Goldie
bhangra rulez
bhangra rulez

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 2:40pm | IP Logged
thanks! she sounds like a very down to earth person!
sukh IF-Rockerz
sukh
sukh

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 3:02pm | IP Logged
thax
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top