Book Talk

Discussion: So... Why do YOU read? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

abhiya_kapi

IF-Dazzler

abhiya_kapi

Posted: 02 June 2012 at 8:38am | IP Logged
I read for entertainment. Sometimes when I feel television serials bores me, I just open the book and read it. Any books that hook me, I just love it. So no specification for my liking towards books.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Discussion: So... Why do YOU read? (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 05 June 2012 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
I can't really express properly why I read as much as I do. I just know that I wouldn't be myself if reading weren't an integral part of my life.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Heart

bluerose1889

Goldie

bluerose1889

Posted: 05 June 2012 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
I've absolutely no idea why I love to read because I've been reading from the time I learned how to read. It's an integral part of me. I can not imagine me not reading.

Saams

IF-Sizzlerz

Saams

Posted: 06 June 2012 at 7:47am | IP Logged
I too read coz thats a way of living through someone else's imagination.And I can easily forget mah problems while immersing in the world of novels.

-Priyaa-

IF-Rockerz

-Priyaa-

Posted: 09 July 2012 at 7:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mystery-

We all read for different reasons. The most common one is of course it's a great way to spend some free time. Research has clearly shown tons of benefits of reading regularly so that's a no-brainer.

But I want to know if anyone has any specific reasons for being an avid reader? 

For example, for me, it's a great way to escape from reality. When I'm reading a novel, I get so immersed in it that the fictional world starts to feel real. And I love that experience.  Stories make me believe that everything is possible. :)

So.. why do you read? 
Omg thats totally my reason, there a couple more small reasons but that basically is the main reason I read too. Im the type of reader who gets so much into a book while reading that i lose track of everything thats happening aorund me (i.e. if someone is talking to me) and also i have a very good imagination so in total I really get into the book, and everytime i feel like i need to get away from reality books have always been a comfort.

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 11 July 2012 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
Reading is a major source of entertainment for me. It's just more fun than watching movies/TV for me. Because for one, you can have your own faces for the characters in the books which makes me imagine so much more - I love that since I'm a love-being-in-my-dreamland kinda girl anyway. It's also a direct connection with the author's mind...so if I instantly connect w/ a particular author I tend to finish all their works..be it short stories or novels or autobiographies...it's all fun. So yes, Answer: I read for fun. :D

rose4ever

rose4ever

Posted: 12 July 2012 at 10:48am | IP Logged
i love to read cos no matter what mood i am in sad, angry, depressed etc etc reading a book really refreshes and lifts my mood. i get totally immersed into it. also there are some things which either just cant happen in reality or there's hardly a chance of that happening to me so ya i get to experience those through books. When i am reading its like a movie is playing in my mind. ITs just such a great thing for me.Smile

Edited by rose4ever - 12 July 2012 at 10:48am

Angel-likeDevil

IF-Sizzlerz

Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 17 July 2012 at 2:31am | IP Logged
#1 - when I read it feels like I'm gaining experience just by sitting in my room
#2 - I love how i feel like I'm taken to some place in the world :P
#3 - Books always teach you about life, various aspects of life.
#4 - For vocabulory and knowledge
#5 - To keep myself occupied.
#6 - I just feel satisfied and it's empowering when you gain knowledge.

I cannot really explain why i read or love reading... there was a time when I could not do without reading novels, i was addicted, maybe because I wanted to escape from reality when I was depressed... now, I am not so addicted, but I sure cannot do without reading something :)

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 17 July 2012 at 2:32am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Kryptonite.ElusiveDevotion

Post Reply New Post

Go to top