Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 11 May 2012 at 11:44pm | IP Logged
We all read for different reasons. The most common one is of course it's a great way to spend some free time. Research has clearly shown tons of benefits of reading regularly so that's a no-brainer.

But I want to know if anyone has any specific reasons for being an avid reader? 

For example, for me, it's a great way to escape from reality. When I'm reading a novel, I get so immersed in it that the fictional world starts to feel real. And I love that experience.  Stories make me believe that everything is possible. :)

So.. why do you read? 

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

Sparkykwishfulthinking..nisaluvrk..-Dee-cs-07-Risha_ipkknd-SnoweyHawaaPotepiphany.avivakirk

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Discussion: So... Why do YOU read?" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

wishfulthinking

wishfulthinking

Posted: 13 May 2012 at 2:22am | IP Logged
To satisfy my insatiable curiosity, to broaden my perspective and to escape from the stressful mundanity of everyday life.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

HeartElusiveDevotion-Risha_ipkknd--Mystery-isomersavivakirk

*Dev.*

Coolbie

*Dev.*

Posted: 13 May 2012 at 1:16pm | IP Logged

~Why do I Read?? Hmm,I'm a well experienced NATIONAL MAGAZINE Writer who is becoming Docter and loves to read ALL types of Luv story,NOVEL,ROMANTIC,INSPIRATIONAL etc etc list is long!
~REASON- Becoz Books are Best Friends and I enjoy and Learn new everyday by Reading! Its my curiousity! ENJOY!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cs-07-Mystery-avivakirk

ChillMaarYaar

IF-Stunnerz

ChillMaarYaar

Posted: 14 May 2012 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
I started reading for killing time but then i thought books are friends and more , there were times when i avoided every one and was in depression , all i needed was books to read and wasnt willing to talk to any one , i read mostly crime but yet i love to read there are all i can ask for apart buddies 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mystery-Angel-likeDevil

..nisaluvrk..

Goldie

..nisaluvrk..

Posted: 15 May 2012 at 11:18pm | IP Logged

wenever m depressed, bored dont want to talk to nyone juz b myself n want to b alone i read buks...coz really its a great way to forget all ur worries n enter into a diff world where nobody is dere to bother u...u r on ur own...Smile 

buks r great friends...nobody or no one can match dem...!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mystery-

Sparkyk

Sparkyk

Posted: 24 May 2012 at 10:33am | IP Logged
same here, i read to escape from reality and to know more about other people..i mean there are so many different stories, different countries, different people, different situations and circumstances..so its like a totally new world every time... i mainly read love stories...even though they are far far away from reality but still it feels good to read them and dream about them...

cs-07

IF-Dazzler

cs-07

Posted: 25 May 2012 at 12:33am | IP Logged
i think too much about everything, started readin cause of the craze of Alchemist and got a pirated copy for myself. from there to now - i read mainly as a means of escapism. no worries and no thinking too much

miss_bennet

IF-Rockerz

miss_bennet

Posted: 02 June 2012 at 4:35am | IP Logged
Reading  made me what I am now... I need to read to exist...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top