•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
Is it a good idea to keep mothers away from such a big issue?  In a way, by doing so, the rest of the family is doubting mom's capability of handling this issue...

I agree the intentions of keeping the moms in dark are good ... but is it the right thing to do? 
Is it ethical ?

I don't think so. 

Both the moms have a right to know... and dads are not setting a up a good example by hiding matters from their spouses.   It's not a birthday party or a surprise vacation that they are planning... it's a major issue... the one that needs involvement of both the parents.

I am a mother...and I will be upset if I am kept in dark on something that is this serious... no matter what the intentions.

What do you guys think...?

In a normal set-up, the daughter will confide in the mother first unless the mother is completely messed up herself and blames the daughter for everything. But neither Pinky nor Sweetie are mean mommies, theyre very loving and caring mothers so it doesnt make sense that the dads came to know but they are hiding it from the moms and even the kids and especially Raavi is hiding from her mother. A woman will be able to give better advice in these matters since most women have experienced some sort of sexual harassment like this in her youth or teenage years.
Best approach for parents would be to follow this creepy boy home or find out his address and go confront his parents to ask them to control and rectify his behaviour. 
Originally posted by koham

Is it a good idea to keep mothers away from such a big issue?  In a way, by doing so, the rest of the family is doubting mom's capability of handling this issue...

I agree the intentions of keeping the moms in dark are good ... but is it the right thing to do? 
Is it ethical ?

I don't think so. 

Both the moms have a right to know... and dads are not setting a up a good example by hiding matters from their spouses.   It's not a birthday party or a surprise vacation that they are planning... it's a major issue... the one that needs involvement of both the parents.

I am a mother...and I will be upset if I am kept in dark on something that is this serious... no matter what the intentions.

What do you guys think...?

I agree . Pinky - Sweety [ With their Humanly flaws ] r wonderful mothers . Ususally Daughters talk to their mothers first . Or Mothers would know .

Pinky has a different personality , she might worry bit mure than other mothers but doesn't mean that she won't understand the gravity of the issu e.

More than Dads I blame at some point Raavi too. Honesty in any relationship works both ways . Not just one . If Raavi wants her parents to understand her , then she should understand them too . If she can't share her problems with them then How can parents share their problems with her !!!!!!

Best Example , When Jeet lost his job , Pinky went to work & Pinky told Raavi abt the problem & ask her opinion . Nice doesn't it ? Mom looking @ her daughter like equal . Where Pinky in Raavi's life today . ?

I agree!!!
A daughter is usually able to say her feelings to her mom more openly then they can with their dad!!!!!
So a mom's involvement is very important and needed!!!!!!
Also both Sweety and Pinky are great moms!!!!
They are caring, sweet, and understanding, so the dad's shouldnt be scared!!!!!

i think wat will happen is this dat pinky n sweety will cum to know about d happenings n den dey will shout why dey were not told about nything n den dey will provide a solution to d problem...
Probably Lucky and Jeet are not telling their wives becos...Sweety and Pinky will get into action...and Lucky and Jeet will not get screen space...πŸ˜† Jokes apart...Raavi could have told Pinky atleast yesterday. She was so scared.  
i agree with u all. mom's are the best pals for daughters.

my self i always share all good n bad with my mom and so do my mom too. there are nothing like secrets which i have hided from my mom.

Raavi could have told to Pinky ji; her mom (Pinky ji) shares everything to her but its the same with Raavi.

i don't know why but some times they show Raavi as a fool or i don't know what to describe here. she wasn't this at the start ri8? coz she used to share all with her mom. and it is such a big issue or atleast a serious issue then why is she acting this way??
I would say... Don't hide it from your Mom... particularly this type of thing... You don't

I see where Raavi is coming from... In the Start Episodes... that Abhishek guy said I love You to Raavi and Pinky got hyper and reacted in worng way... πŸ˜• and hence, Raavi thinks Pinky might blame her...

Raavi is too sensitive of a girl... if Parents blame/Shout at her she takes it too much to heart... and according to me... You don't take your Mom's words to heart when you are growing...

Only coz Moms are from different genration... they think differently... if Mom say... Tune Kuchh to kiya hoga... You don't go in the room and don't talk to your Mom.. and cry cry cry... I take total different route here...

When I was in teenage... My Mom used to react too... doesn't mean she doesn't Trust me...πŸ₯± I know she does... what I used to do is... Mom seat, relax... ask her... do you really think I wud do any such thing...  do you really think that Values that you have given me isn't strong enough...  and then Explain her everything... 😊 and not that I am just saying... I have done this many times.😊 I used to keep remind her and say her... Don't worry I would never do such a thing for which you have to feel shame on Me... Trust your upbringing... I am not that weak...  and this has helped a lot in gaining my Mom's Strong Belief/Trust.. 😊 she has always believed me more than any other personπŸ˜ƒ

If after sharing Pinky reacts differently and say... "mane kaha tha tujhe ki make-up 18 saal ke baad lagana... tune lagaya isiliye yeh sab huaa..." Baat khatam... Raavi will not talk to her Mom for years... πŸ˜• but in general... You don't take her words to heart... She is right in saying... It just that you know you are not at fault... then You have to make others Believe that too...   Tell you Mom I need your support... and I am sure no Mom would blame her Daughter... 😊