Book Talk
Book Talk

India-Forums

50 Shades of Grey (Page 3)

urvashi_93 Senior Member
urvashi_93
urvashi_93

Posted: 28 July 2012 at 9:04am | IP Logged
Overall... DO give it a shot, it depends on perspective and people's comfort levels. It is about a BDSM relationship... HOWEVER imo the sex scenes could have been avoided, frankly they were a bit disturbing... BUT they are important to describe the character Chrisian Grey.
It's a good read in terms of story and depth and meaning, but the writing is poor and repetitive.
read all the 3 books to understand the story. As the title is Fifty shades of grey, the deeper meaning of the story is to highlight the mutii layers of Christian Grey and explore why he is the way he is... why he likes control.
Book 2= Fifty shades darker is more tolerant and less disturbing in terms of sexual content.

It is nothing like twilight, but u can draw very minimal similarities. eg Bella's mother is kinda like Anastacia's mother... but that it.

Edited by urvashi_93 - 28 July 2012 at 9:02am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

a.kaurA.Hajnal

a.kaur Goldie
a.kaur
a.kaur

Posted: 20 August 2012 at 4:25pm | IP Logged
I just finished reading all three of the books. My opinion is that the first book had a veryyy underdeveloped plot. In the second book is where everything starts to fall into place. The characters become more developed, and so does the plot. I started loving christian's character in the second book. But the second book also had a lot more mature content that frankly could've just been implied rather than detailed so much. There were a few emotional scenes in it as well, that I thought were nice. The third book was okay too. And yes, the grammar needed a lot of work, but it did get (slightly) better throughout the series.

Overall I give it 2.5 stars out of 5

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Forumuser_A.Hajnalfamzii05

-Mystery- IF-Veteran Member
-Mystery-
-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 21 August 2012 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nandini27

I read some 100 pages of the book. The writing was horrible. The words/phrases "bite the lip", "oh my", "gasps" and so on keeps repeating on and on and on! At one point it really frustrated me. And the story isnt something different or innovative. You could wayyy better authors with better writing and story.

@mystery: Its basically BDSM, so the sex thingy is obvious. I heard the 3rd book is the worst in case of writing. I cant believe the editors for the books dint even do it properly. I cmpletely agree with your review. I just couldnt go past the contract anastasia read. The punishments and other things had me feeling very very bad and I simply stopped at that.

That is true, but I still don't think all the graphic details were needed. And even I wish there was an actual story. Nothing significant really happens until the last 3 pages.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

A.Hajnal

Star_on_earth IF-Rockerz
Star_on_earth
Star_on_earth

Posted: 22 August 2012 at 2:52am | IP Logged
i am in the middle of it and didnt find anything great so far... i heard this book is a best seller so was curious about it.. but i mainly started reading this book because i read such hilarious reviews on one of the website that i had to see what this book was all about..

i agree...the writing is horrible and many words are repeated like hundred times!! not to forget how good looking grey is!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by Star_on_earth - 22 August 2012 at 2:58am
famzii05 IF-Rockerz
famzii05
famzii05

Posted: 22 August 2012 at 7:10pm | IP Logged
ive read the first book.. is okay.. but i really dont fancy it.. it never gets over the mature content which is sick. and i now im just reading the trilogy cuz i wanna know what happens.. seriously speaking if i were to cut most of the erotic/mature content.. thebook would be literally flat.. i really dont get what the big hoo ha is about it and honestly it a mills and boons type.. read it if you will or just get the story from someone whose read it.. once i finish the trilogy i will write a review! Big smile
iHeartMoi IF-Rockerz
iHeartMoi
iHeartMoi

Posted: 16 September 2012 at 2:45am | IP Logged
Honestly, the book would be somewhat okay had she not added mature, sexual content in every damn page Dead
Edit: this is quite an old post, huh LOL sorry im just really tedha in life like that

Edited by iHeartMoi - 16 September 2012 at 2:45am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

A.Hajnal

shine_bright IF-Rockerz
shine_bright
shine_bright

Posted: 24 September 2012 at 7:28pm | IP Logged
I personally liked the books (:
I finished the first two, and YES, the first one did get off on a crazy, CRAZY, kinky start which I don't think is meant for everyone.
Like mentioned by some, it does very much depend on your personal tolerence level & how much description you like. The first one is ..TOO MUCH. Second one, get's MUCH better (:
& the Third one, I am personally loving.
They all do have MANY MANY scenes, but to be honest ..just Skip them if you can't handle.
The story itself is good!
And I will NOT deny this, Christian Grey reminds me of our comtemparary Telly Heros. Like NO JOKE. A lot of , Arnav, from Iss Pyaar ...ofcourse, without all the kinky ewwwey stuff :p
And what I really like, haha, would be the setting because it's where I live :p haha. & plan on going to the same college as Anastasia, so I was like OK, lemme give it a SHOT!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Forumuser_A.HajnaliluvOriginals

belindaa Newbie
belindaa
belindaa

Posted: 25 September 2012 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
GLEE - Full Performance Video Celebrity Skin Smile

http://bit.ly/Q6mTuu

Go to top