India-Forums

Harry Potter
Harry Potter

HBP - Speculations (Page 2)

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 12:44pm | IP Logged

Hi Mumbai_Masti, Where is this article from? Could you please give the source? Thanks!

My opinion on this article:

Though this was an interesting piece, I feel that it is faulty in several aspects.

I agree with the assessment of OWL results and the assessment of relationships.

I also find it interesting how the author linked the "lion" person described in the short quote to "Godric Gryffindor. However, there is one point to be noted here. Godric Gryffindor has been dead for centuries! So unless he has been in hiding for a long time, living off immortality medicines, it is highly unlikely that Gryffindor is the new DADA teacher.

The speculations about the deaths are really "speculations" and would make a good fan-fic. However, so far, we have not been able to get any solid evidence from the books themselves about foreshadowing of deaths.

About Godric Gryffindor as the HBP: I would have possibly agreed with the author except that one tiny thing is bothering me -- Godric Gryffindor used to be friends with Salazar Slytherin! From the Sorting Hat's Song in OoTP:

"For were there such friends anywhere / As Slytherin and Gryffindor?

Unless it was the second pair / Of Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw?" (p. 185, Scholastic Ed.)

"Said Slytherin, 'We'll teach just those/Whose ancestry is purest'" (p. 185)

I highly doubt that a pure-blood fanatic like Slytherin would have been such good friends with Gryffindor if he was a half-blood!

Perhaps Gryffindor was a champion of half-bloods - in the sense that he supported them in front of Slytherin. Remember how Voldy called Dumbledore a "muggle-loving fool"?

But, then this raises the question of whether the Half-Blood Prince is a half-blood himself? Did JKR specifically mention that? Confused

mumbai_masti Senior Member
mumbai_masti
mumbai_masti

Posted: 27 April 2005 at 2:59am | IP Logged
sorry mysti for not to post the source

i've taken this article from muggle central......
daniel_4ever IF-Rockerz
daniel_4ever
daniel_4ever

Posted: 29 April 2005 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
the article was Gr8 ....... but i don thnk Mcgonagall wil die ...coz she returns 2 hogwarts at the end and also give points 2 harry, ron, hermoine,neville,ginny and luna....

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Harry Potter Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index