Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

you2

IF-Rockerz

you2

Posted: 10 May 2012 at 2:25am | IP Logged

Reena Roy-Sonakshi Sinha: Coincidental lookalikes?

Bollywood

by Kiran  |  on May 9th, 2012  |  0 comments

She made her bollywood debut with Ace Khan and since then has been riding on the success of her first movie, Dabanng. What was it that made the whole country go gaga over her? Was it her acting skills or perhaps her striking resemblance to yesteryear actress Reena Roy??
Infact, their (Reena -Sonakshi) pics were even juxtaposed insinuating disturbing fact- Is Sonakshi Reena Roy's "secret love child"? Everybody was shocked at this strong similarity. In her interview to a magazine, Sonakshi was quoted saying, that she doesn't get surprised at her comparison to Reena Roy & also agreed that her face is similar to hers. But, what we notice is- It doesn't elicit any smile on your face.Why?

Any new comer would take it as a compliment or would at least smile at the comparison. However, it's not the case here, may be Ms Sinha finds this constant comparison disturbing because of the fact that the woman she is being compared to is her dad's ex.

Recently she was quoted saying her looks have grown distinct & she doesn't look anything like Reena Roy now. Why is she irritable at this obvious similarity? This nagging comparison wouldn't have happened, if it was only about the looks. But there is much more in the story… errr the love story!

YEAH, Though it wasn't as big as Amitabh-Rekha's or may be as controversial as there's but surely enough to make some magazines write about it. Shatrughan Sinha was married but guess couldn't get over Reena. Mr Sinha continued dating Reena even after his marriage.

In detail…The pain and pleasures of Shatru-Reena love affair
Shatrughan Sinha (Sonakshi's dad) did his first movie (Kalicharan) with Reena & the movie was a superhit. So, they went on doing several other hit movies together and became one of the most popular on-screen jodi. With time, the two came close to each other and fell in love.

Reena was mad for Shatrughan & wanted him to commit which Shatru was not doing since he was already married to Poonam. He was dawdling between the two ladies. Poonam knew about their affair since people started talking about it. But, Poonam was confident that Shatrughan won't marry Reena (considering her family history). She was a cabaret dancer before making her mark in Bollywood.

Eventually, Shatrughan's commitment fear pushed Reena to find her soul mate in some other man. People started calling her marriage breaker & Shatru's extra marital affair. Reena was deeply hurt, She was going through one of the worst phases of her life, when the charming cricketer Mohsin Khan came into her life. Tired of acting and her futile relationship Reena got married to Mohsin leaving Mr Shatru & family in peace.

Here are some quotes that I have picked from some magazines —-
"My relationship with Reena was intense, pious and personal. People said after my marriage that Reena's feeling for me had changed. In fact, it grew more intense. I am grateful that she gave me her company for seven years." – Shatru

"I prayed and wished that Shatru would at least marry my daughter and make her his second wife. He did not love her and had been just fooling around with her. Reena told me it was love. I told her it was a mistake." – Reena's mother

"The truth is that I did step aside and gave Reena a clear field, but Shatru didn't want to marry a girl whose fidelity was in doubt. I was aware that they revived their old romance after our marriage." – Poonam Sinha (Shatrughan's wife)

Whatever it is, Sonakshi is certainly a Reena Roy look alike. Agree Mr Shotgun? What do you guys think?

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Castiel-Omnipotent_TacoMadhuriDixitfire_gunbambogliRockChicGirl

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shatru"My relationship with Reena intense" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

RockChicGirl

IF-Stunnerz

RockChicGirl

Posted: 10 May 2012 at 2:35am | IP Logged

A film that changed three lives

At the outset, the film Kalicharan did not appear to have what it takes to be a blockbuster. Subhash Ghai, after several failed attempts at being an actor, was making his directorial debut. Shatrughan Sinha, an actor known for his villainous roles was making his first mark as a hero.

The leading lady, Reena Roy, with just two hits to her name thus far, had finally landed a plum role. Yet, the 1975 film Kalicharan went on to become a blockbuster. Reena and Shatrughan suddenly became the most sought after lead jodi. And Subhash Ghai became the showman.

Captured by ace lensman Jagdish Aurangabadkar, this picture, on the sets of the film produced by Nari Sippy, shows the young Ghai (on the left wearing sunglasses, and totally unrecognisable) explaining a romantic scene to his lead actors Shatrughan and Reena. Perhaps it was in the explaining or just the actors' reported off screen chemistry that landed the two in each others' arms even before the director could say 'action'.

The film Kalicharansparked off reports of a blossoming romance between Shatrughan and Reena Roy. The torrid affair between the much-married actor and his Kalicharan co-tar was one of the most talked about romances in the 1970s.

The romance soon died out with Reena tying the knot with Pakistani cricketer Mohsin Khan. But the love saga got etched into the history of Hindi cinema industry.

Like the lead jodi's love story, the film Kalicharanalso kickstarted the filmmaking career of Subhash Ghai. The young man had come to Bombay to become an actor. But after a series of failed attempts tried his hands at filmmaking. With his rather special appearances in his directorial ventures, he satisfied his acting bug and soon came to be known as the showman of Bollywood. Kalicharan, the film was not just about the undercover cop, it was about the three main people, whose lives changed forever after this.

A film that changed three lives

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/A-film-that-changed-three-lives/articleshow/13077538.cms

Omnipotent_Taco

Goldie

Omnipotent_Taco

Posted: 10 May 2012 at 2:41am | IP Logged
And he apparently throws his weight around like an angry bull whenever Sonakshi is linked to her male co-stars @ Ranveer Singh. Woh kare toh chamatkaar, baaki sab kare toh balatkaar.

Shotgun Sinha is just another member of the Bollywood Daddy Hypocrite League.

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

-Castiel-BWSweetuCarrotCakeLemonyronaldinhaNuktaacheencs-07MadhuriDixitLifeOLiciousfire_gunbambogliGauahargeous_Nruky786RockChicGirl

you2

IF-Rockerz

you2

Posted: 10 May 2012 at 2:44am | IP Logged
zindagi ittefaq hai..kal bhi ittefaq thi..aaj bhi ittefaq hai
(film aadmi aur Insaan)

Sonakshi is the living proof!

Edited by you2 - 10 May 2012 at 2:44am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

-Castiel-Omnipotent_TacoBWSweetuLemonyNuktaacheencs-07bambogliGauahargeous_Nruky786

RockChicGirl

IF-Stunnerz

RockChicGirl

Posted: 10 May 2012 at 2:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Omnipotent_Taco

And he apparently throws his weight around like an angry bull whenever Sonakshi is linked to her male co-stars @ Ranveer Singh. Woh kare toh chamatkaar, baaki sab kare toh balatkaar.

Shotgun Sinha is just another member of the Bollywood Daddy Hypocrite League.
Point to be noted...the infamous playboys of BW are all Presidents and VPs of this club. Ex: Sanjay Dutt

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

-Castiel-Omnipotent_TacoronaldinhaCarrotCakeLemonyNuktaacheenGauahargeous_Nbambogli

IHeartDeepika.

IF-Rockerz

IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 10 May 2012 at 8:11pm | IP Logged
Golmaal hai bhai sab golmaal hai!!

Lemony

Goldie

Posted: 10 May 2012 at 8:51pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cs-07

MadhuriDixit

IF-Rockerz

MadhuriDixit

Posted: 10 May 2012 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by XetaHeisenberg

Yeah it was so intense that Sonakshi came out of Poonam's vajayjay looking like Reena Roy. Now that's what you call the power of love. Cool
ahahahahahahahahaLOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top