Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Peda thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Lovely update as usual...I love the way you portray the stark contrast between Arnav and Kushi. It also fits in so perfectly with the weather, she being sunshine and him rain...
Good luck for your exams and thanks for the pm
Anxiously awaiting Thursday
ManmarziyanTeri thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Peda

Lovely update as usual...I love the way you portray the stark contrast between Arnav and Kushi. It also fits in so perfectly with the weather, she being sunshine and him rain...
Good luck for your exams and thanks for the pm
Anxiously awaiting Thursday

I can't tell you how happy this comment made me, I checked it straight after one of my exams and totally cheered me up so thanks for that! πŸ˜ƒ couldn't reply at the time coz I was on my phone. 
Sorry for taking ages to write up this update after promising to update two on thursday. I finished  my exams on thursday, started typing it up but the sun was finally out in gloomy old Aberdeen and I couldn't help but go relax in the sun. And then I went a bit over board with the relaxing, spent way too long in the sun and just slacked off doing nothing. But I do promise to update the next part as soon as possibly and try and put two up by tomorrow :).

Chapter 10 - Breaking Down Your Walls

Arnav came to an abrupt halt. "Damn it! I forgot my phone!" He had already jogged for 10 minutes but jogging was now only an excuse to get away. The situation at home was worsening day by day, everyone was changing, he didn't know who he knew and who he didn't know anymore. Should he trust anyone? When the one person who he had had the most faith in, his role model had let him down? He wanted to escape it all, just get away. He craved oblivion.

But there was this impulse, he never left anywhere without his phone and he didn't want to worry his mother. She was already going through so much. "Is it really that important?" Yes it was, something was pulling him back...

His pace was slower on the way back, a memory in each step, anger, pain betrayal, disappointment. This wasn't supposed to happen to him. Things did not end this way. He had been blessed with a happy family and it was supposed to continue that way. In a split second every thing was over. Everything. He closed his eyes and let the events of that night consume him. Things would never again be the same.

He needed to find strength in himself, take responsibility, but would he be capable? He wanted to back away, yes it was cowardly but he wasn't sure if he could face it anymore, if he could bare the pain written over his mothers face. That man had taken everything away, he had turned her into a soulless creature who had seeked revenge, had got revenge. And now she couldn't face the world. She knew what she had committed, they all knew, she knew it was only a matter of time before they found everything out. Arnav quickened his steps, he needed to talk to his mother whilst no one else was there, he needed to make her understand. He had took his decision and he was going to attempt to fix it, put the broken pieces back together.

----

She stood pacing around her room, her movements measured, slow, thoughtful. She had been going over and over it in her mind, one impulsive decision had possibly lead to even more disaster than she had ever imagined. Her kids would now no longer have a proper future, her daughters life was already ruined and her sons would be too. They would forever be known as a murderers children, be mocked and made fun of over and over again. And it was all her fault, first her failing marriage, then her betrayal and now what she had done.

She suddenly stopped pacing. She had made her decision. This was the way things would end, the way things had to end. She couldn't let this continue, she couldn't let her past overshadow her children's future, she would have to make this sacrifice for them.

----

Arnav stepped into the house his gaze fixed towards the stairs, it was eerily quiet but no one else was at home and it was always like that these days. The bubbly happy people that had once inhabited the house were not the same anymore. They now had difficulty facing each other, facing themselves, facing reality.

"Maaa, maaa!" He made his way up the stairs, taking slower steps than usual, preparing what he had to say in his mind. He knew he should have did this earlier but hadn't been able to. He hadn't had the strength to, but it was now or never. He had to attempt to make things better before it was too late, before she started blaming herself before he lost her too.

He couldn't hear anything, she must have heard him. "Maaa!" Louder now, quickening his steps, his heart beating faster on its own accord. He was running up the stairs now, along the corridor, at the back of his mind he knew something was wrong. Something had happened...

"MAAA!" The scream escaped out of his mouth, tears sprouted out of his eyes. "MAAA!" It was a cry out of desperation, out of fear, out of knowing what had happened, out of knowing what was going to happen.

He scrambled over towards her body, she was still alive. "Maa Maa! Maaa get up! get up! Maa I know you are still alive! Come back to me! Come back!" He screamed, shaking her, willing her to get up, to look at him. "Maa it's okay, it'll all be okay," he reassured her. "Why isn't she getting up damn it!" "Get up! Maa! Get up! GET UP! You can't leave me! You can't leave di! YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME!" He was screaming at her now, his face soaked with tears.

Her hand fell limp out of his. Her body gave a slight jerk and slackened. He immediately took her into his arms and hugged her lifeless body close to his, rocking it.

"MAAA!" It was a cry of a boy who had lost everything dear, of a boy who was seeing his life breaking down in front of his eyes. It was the cry of a boy who would never be the same again.

I close both locks below the window

I close both blinds and turn away

Sometimes solutions aren't so simple

Sometimes goodbye's the only way

And the sun will set for you

The sun will set for you

And the shadow of the day

Will embrace the world in grey

Pink cards and flowers on your window

Your friends all plead for you to stay

Sometimes beginnings aren't so simple

Sometimes goodbye's the only way

The sun will set for you

And the shadow of the day

Will embrace the world in grey

And the sun will set for you...

----

"I was too late Khushi, I was too late! I could've saved her, I should have told her. I was too late." His voice was barely a whisper, hoarse with raw emotion, his eyes brimming with unshed tears. She was too shocked for words. Khushi wanted to comfort him, let him know that he shouldn't feel guilty but her thoughts were scattered all over the place. She was still attempting to comprehend the events of his memories.  Still trying to understand why the world had been so harsh.

Suddenly his grip on her hand loosened and he stood up. She stared back at him taken back by his sudden movement. "I'm sorry, it's late and I've kept you out way too long already. Come one I'll drop you to your door." He was back to the shut out Arnav Singh Raizada now, all evidence of the one that had been there a mere few seconds ago gone. His walls were back up and this time it was her fault. She hadn't been able to utter a single comforting word in return. She gulped in guilt and stood up unable to form a coherent sentence. He pulled on her hand and led the way, she walked back in a daze, still processing his story, repeating it over and over again in her mind and didn't even realise when they had got to her door. He let go of her hand slowly and turned around to walk off as she looked at his retreating back as her eyes welled up with tears. She cried that night, for god knows how long, for him, for his family, for a person who had so much love to give and was given so little in return, for the man she was falling in love with and for the walls that he would never break down...

Lyrics Credit: Shadow of the Day by Linkin Park

Picture Credit Ladanseuse http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladanceuse/4887522765/in/set-72157624344220589

Once again thanks for reading and all the comments! They really do encourage me to write! x

And again you can read it on the blog page too: 

http://unpredictablelovebyp.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/chapter-6-breaking-down-your-walls.html

Edited by psychopinks - 11 years ago
rowrow thumbnail
ONCE AGAIN...VVVERRRYYY nicely written.  Thanks for the PM...waiting for the nx part...happy writing:):):):):))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
PepsiGirl101 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
WOW...the poem and Arnav's narration of the story touched my heart. I'm crying along with Khushi for Arnav. Such a harsh world. BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN!!!!!!
Peda thumbnail
HI
I was so excited to get your pm that the first thing I did this morning as soon as my eyes opened was read this chapter.I was so lost in Arnavs flashback that I couldnt even remember where the last chapter stopped. So once this chapter had fully awakened my senses I reread this chapter and was...moved!
Words fail me...
Thanks for the pm
Can't wait for the next part
Once again. Thanks guys for all of the comments! They've encouraged me to put up this new chapter as quickly as possible. I found it really difficult to write that last chapter and wasn't sure how much you would like it so I can't tell you how happy I am with your responses πŸ˜ƒ.

But as always, life is about forgetting the sorrows and moving on so here you go, the next chapter with a new turn in both of their lives...

Chapter 11 - Flying Without Wings

Khushi tossed and turned on her bed, she wasn't able to sleep, her crying had finally seized but an overwhelming amount of guilt shrouded her whole being. She should have comforted him but all she had did was listen. He had finally broke down his falls and she hadn't been able to tell him that he wasn't at fault, that he shouldn't blame himself. His story had chilled her to the core, she had been too shocked to say anything, but that was in no way an excuse. She wasn't the one that had had to go through it. "No wonder he just walked away."

She still couldn't fathom the amount of courage a woman would need to have to kill her own husband and then sacrifice her life in order to save her childrens, with each thought Khushis respect for Arnavs mother just increased, she couldn't even begin to understand what the woman had been through.

She was still tossing and turning attempting to just go to sleep, wake up in the morning and think through it logically when she felt her phone vibrate under her pillow. "who's texting me at this time?" She was slightly irritated at this thought, it was probably that Aryan, he was possibly the only person that purposely stayed up this late. She fished her phone out from under her pillow and stared at it, her expression changing from one of irritation to surprise to the tiniest of smiles.

"Hey babe, don't worry about it and don't get too emotional. I wanted to tell someone and thanks for letting me. Thanks for listening, that's all I needed. You were there for me in a way no one else could have been and I'm sorry if my story shocked you a bit too much. And sorry for getting all emotional on you, that never happened ;). G'night!"

People seemed to have him figured out so wrong, he was such a gentle person, one capable of so much love. You just had to peel away the layers. She was glad she hadn't listened to the rumours, that she'd stood her own right and given him the chance to prove himself. And with that she finally closed her eyes and fell asleep.

----

Arnav looked out of the window and smiled, he felt weightless as if he could fly and take on the world. He had needed to unload what he had been hiding deep inside for so many years, he had needed to tell someone and she had let him. He closed his eyes and for once slept without a single nightmare, free of the burdens of his mind.

There was a change of wind, two souls were letting go and floating, floating towards each other and they were unaware as to how unbreakable the bond they had formed that night would be.

----

Khushi stepped out of her room in the morning to the chirping of birds, she inhaled the smell of fresh earth and a night of drizzle, leaves with droplets of water. She closed her eyes and opened them in the anticipation of a new day, filled with hope and desire. The rollercoaster of emotions she had gone through last night had turned over onto a leaf of new dreams, of anticipation. She wanted to see him, cup his face in her hands and let him know how much she cared, to give him all the love he deserved. And that's when she saw him standing at the gate, smirking, his eyes alight with an unknown emotion. She couldn't hold it in any longer, desire overpowered her, all she wanted to do was be in his arms, she started to run towards him. His face changed into one of confusion, unaware of what was happening when suddenly her body crashed into his hard chest, his arms went around her of their own accord, holding her close.

She looked up at his face, into the depths of his eyes as he smiled back at her and her lips crashed into his. He was hesitant at first, taken back by this sudden show of passion but could not withhold any longer. He parted his lips letting his desire take over. Her fingers entwined through his hair as she kissed passionately, whilst he held her close, she felt so fragile, he wanted to protect her from the world. He took her upper lip between his, their breaths ragged, hungry, eager. His hands slowly moved down to her waist, she moved her head back letting him take over, parting her mouth slightly letting his tongue slip in. He felt his whole body flush with passion as their tongues met and entwined, they were lost in their own world now, she made him feel alive.

The drizzle suddenly stopped, the clouds cleared and made way for the piercing rays of the sun as Khushi and Arnav stood bathing in all its glory as they lost themselves in a new found love...

Everybody's looking for that something

One thing that makes it all complete

You'll find it in the strangest places

Places you never knew it could be

Some find it sharing every morning

Some in their solitary lives

You'll find it in the words of others

A simple line can make you laugh or cry

You'll find it in the deepest friendship

The kind you cherish all your life

And when you know how much it means

You've found that special thing

You're flying without wings

So, impossible as it may seem

You've got to fight for every dream

Cause who's to know which one you let go

Would have made you complete

And you're the place my life beings

And you'll be where it ends

I'm flying without wings

And that's the joy you bring

I'm flying without wings...

...And that beautiful Autum day bore witness to two souls letting go and becoming one, two heartbeats beating to the same tune...

Lyrics Credit: Flying Without Wings by Westlife

Picture Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ladanceuse/4035283318/in/photostream/lightbox/

I know it's a teeny bit short but I didn't want to continue it on and just wanted to end this chapter here. Will try to get the new chapter up soon though :). Wait for the twist in the next couple of chapters x. 

Again leave a comment - they encourage me, buddy me for PMs.

And if you like reading this on my blog: http://unpredictablelovebyp.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/chapter-7-flying-without-wings.html

Edited by psychopinks - 11 years ago
Peda thumbnail
Short and sweet...
thanks for the pm

PepsiGirl101 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
AWWW! These two were MADE for each otherπŸ˜ƒ!!!
-JollyJabeen- thumbnail
Res<3

Will be back! πŸ˜›