Weighty issues force Aishwarya to skip Cannes? - Page 3

Posted: 11 years ago
@ksh:  I agree that if the brand has decided to go through with it, it is their choice and yes, we will accept it and move on. I am surprised though at Loreals decision.  More so because of Aish's lack of any actions in 2012.  
Originally posted by TintinleMechant

@ksh:  I agree that if the brand has decided to go through with it, it is their choice and yes, we will accept it and move on. I am surprised though at Loreals decision.  More so because of Aish's lack of any actions in 2012.  
I guess they think of her a star bigger than her films now. More of a long term investment. And she does remain quiet popular even today. In the survey Ormax conducts on 'Stars India Loves' Ash has figured in the top 3 in the whole of 2011. I think only last months few months she fell off the top 3 but she remains in top 10.
Aish is recognized..and still quite popular..that's probably why L'Oreal still wants her to walk..though, with her weight, she is setting herself up for a lot of flak, unless she manages to wear the right clothes that make her look decent...
I'm almost amazed at how popular she still is truth be told in soem way...just look at how many 5+ page threads and articles there have been just about her weight issues on this forum alone. She frustrates me, but damn...38, no movie release in almost 2 years, but the lady's name SELLS like anything still...

Originally posted by chocolover89

Aish is recognized..and still quite popular..that's probably why L'Oreal still wants her to walk..though, with her weight, she is setting herself up for a lot of flak, unless she manages to wear the right clothes that make her look decent...
I'm almost amazed at how popular she still is truth be told in soem way...just look at how many 5+ page threads and articles there have been just about her weight issues on this forum alone. She frustrates me, but damn...38, no movie release in almost 2 years, but the lady's name SELLS like anything still...

True...she remains popular. In 2011 she was one of the top 10 most googled celebrities. And like I mentioned earlier she has remained in the top 10 of the Ormax Media 'Stars India Loves' research since the time it was started. only other actresses who managed that feat without a release in years are Madhuri and Kajol. Ash, Madhuri and Kajol are doing a lot better than many active actresses in terms of popularity. They might not have the BO pull of Katrina or Kareena or Vidya right now but they are as popular and at times more popular than them when it comes to endorsements. Personally I would rather see Ash in a Loreal ad than Sonam.