Balika Vadhu

Mistress is very strong Word- please avoid it - Page 4

nutmeg7 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
so till jagya legally remarries gauri...she is his keep...and quite a greedy one too and jagya...loser bigamist who doesnt have a spine

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Picasso9 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: znursingh

FINALLY! We are going to be allowed to call a spade?? WHEEE!
For the lexiconally queasy here are some more options for mistress & keep!
CONQUEST?
The other woman?(TOW?)
Inamorata
Femme Fatale?(FF?)

OH LORD!! This is a silly waste of time! Semantics & sensitivities are VERY subjective decisions!ON A PUBLIC FORUM-its best to keep them to yourself!

Hear ! Hear !  Let's call it what it is minus the semantics and tip toeing...🤣
Rolzz thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
She IS nothing but a mistress!! I dont understand why posts are made to support Gouri's illegal status instead of condemning her actions!!
cs-07 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i agree with u charu

i hate gauri too but being a woman/girl/female i guess mistress is too strong a word

i mean if we dont like people callin us names why shud we call others the same. and then she is not the only one who is wrong;. so the best thing to do is call them both slimy morons. 😆
patelcharu thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: nirvanlove

i agree with u charu

i hate gauri too but being a woman/girl/female i guess mistress is too strong a word

i mean if we dont like people callin us names why shud we call others the same. and then she is not the only one who is wrong;. so the best thing to do is call them both slimy morons. 😆

I agree with you and thats what I am trying to say. yes this couple makes us very angry and but my point is not use those word.
patelcharu thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Rolzz

She IS nothing but a mistress!! I dont understand why posts are made to support Gouri's illegal status instead of condemning her actions!!

This post it not supporting Gauri's illegal status but its against the word like Mistress...for you its easy to say...I feel your anger through your words for gauri but...is it really necessary to use this kind of words...whats need?
and why only for Gauri why not for Jagya...read the post correctly before thinking that post supporting Gauri...ITS NOT SUPPORTING GAURI OR JAGYA...Its all about word.

Blukitten thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Ok them what should we call her?
-Jagya's f*** buddy
-friends with benefits
-jagya's knocked up gf
-his live in partner

There r worse names than mistress.when she's actualy a keep wats wrong in calling her a mistress.If she gets legal status she'll be calld a wife till then she should b called by her true status
Edited by niharika_n - 11 years ago
This content was originally posted by: patelcharu

but yes I am againt words like Rakhail, Mistress, Concubine as well

But not against the actions of these women that earn them these epithets?!

If men who indulge in such acts can be called gigolos without disturbing your sensibilities...Shall we call similar women...Shigolos????
patelcharu thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: megustajalebi

@bold: 

A mistress and a prostitute is not the same thing. You cannot describe a prostitute as a mistress, and you have to really stretch out the definition for prostitute to apply it towards a mistress.

Mistress- a woman who engages in a sexual relationship with a married man, and is not married to him. This is a continuous and and ongoing relationship

Prostitute: a woman or man that engages in one time sexual acts with people in order to earn money. They may have clients who come back to them but it's more of a business deal than a fun or emotional relationship. 

Like others have pointed out, Gauri fits the definition of a mistress because she is in a relationship with a married man who she is not LEGALLY married to. 

However why are these two terms considered bad words? Usually subjective terms like "wh**e" or "s**t" are offensive because there is not a set definition for them. The definition is something like "someone who engages in sexual acts with numerous people" but what exactly is "numerous"? To some people, its 2 and to some it's 10. There is a lot of room for judgement within these words, and that's a huge reason as to why they are offensive. 

Mistress and prostitute more or less have set definitions and are not as subjective. The definitions are pretty much clear cut. I agree that it's not a nice word to hear since both are taboo but I would not say they are offensive for an outsider to hear. 

again I am repeating myself...I know the difference between Mistress and Prostitute...but Men/Women within society not looking this kind of woman nicely. doesn't matter if you are mistress or prostitute...and if you have saw the "Satyamev Jayte" from last sunday you will see...the some part of to India people buying girls from Orrisa, Bihar...many other place on name of marriage and than some settle as wife, some are used by many men and some are resold...what you call this women?...it means the one bought on name of marriage and her hubands friend or brother sharing bed with her for sexual need...do you call her mistress? if the sold them other family they are using them so what you call them...prostitute?...what do you call these women?  yes I know the definiation of Mistress and Prostitue...but those are just definition...not reality...in reality the society doesn't respect any of this kind of women...this kind of women get raped, used...there are lots of women forced to be in  prostitution business and some women are made this as business to fulfill their needs...but again Society not giving them any respect...same as mistress.

Society does not look nicely to those women who are dedicated to one man or more to make money.

Cortisan, prostitute, mistress all has different definition but when it comes to society...they all are impacting respact of women.

how many cases you heard the women is accepted as wife in all these situations?...barely few. Once society start looking this type of women as per these words...all men within society start looking them as their property.

for you it might just words but it has high impact to society. No one will say that man who going to those place can not return to respected society or family...but when it comes to women...her own family sometime reject to recognise her.

again why this differences...between men and women.

Edited by patelcharu - 11 years ago
patelcharu thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: znursingh

But not against the actions of these women that earn them these epithets?!

If men who indulge in such acts can be called gigolos without disturbing your sensibilities...Shall we call similar women...Shigolos????

As far as I know you are reading all my posts on this topic...what you think? am I favoring Gauri or I am against her and Jagya?

Label has more impact than action...and I am against the action not believeing puting label on them.
I guess I have disturbed all of yours sensiblities than mine.