Posted: 28 October 2004 at 7:35am | IP Logged

Originally posted by jprasad

That is a good point about Armaan purchasing the same card
as Purab since Jassi is not usually impressed by his gifts...I was
wondering why he purchased the same card as Purab...the
only other thing I could think of was that he thought Purab
purchased a romantic card for Jassi and wanted to beat him to
it.

agree with you Armaan knew Jassi will reject his gifts so he decided to buy a card. And the reason he did buy the same card was he was sure jassi will not reject it as Purab has selected the same card and obviously Armaan knows that Purab knows Jassi personally better than him. He is familiar with her professional side. knows nothing abt her personal taste. so her relied on his enemy's choice Wink

and the other reasoning can also be that till date Armaan never had to impress anyone in his entire life. Girls threw themselves at him and he enjoyed it so that's all. They were thrilled with the expensive gifts he gave them(if he gave them any.. we don't know) so now that he really wants jassi to be impressed by him and not think of him as the bad guy he is at loss as to what to do. cannot blame him. he doesn't know what to do. so best option was to trust Purab's choice which he knows will not fail.

But instead of looking at this from his POV P fans are calling him CopyCat which is ridiculous...they can never leave aside their prejudice and hatred for him aside and look at it logically. no sir they just want to find a silly reason to diss him.

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 28 October 2004 at 7:50am | IP Logged

ClapClapClapWell said Shreya.What a wonderful explaination for Armaan choosing the same card as Purab.

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 28 October 2004 at 7:52am | IP Logged
Hey hey....no one is dissing him for trying to change for jassi....its just that his methods leave much to be desired......agree that he relied on Purab's choice as he knew it was a fool proof idea to impress jassi, but the meaning behind giving a card is conveying what u feel.....in this case armaan is using what purab feels and putting his name under this.....

to me it is no different than asking ur secretary to shop for ur girlfriend because u dont know her preferences....it might be a great gift bought with one's money but wouldnt have that investment that u have when u spend the time choosing a gift for someone.....so meaningless.....

look at it this way, the importance of a gesture is in the feeling behind it without that it is meaningless.....to give it meaning, the gesture has to originate from within oneself not to be copied from elsewhere.....

Edited by ides - 28 October 2004 at 7:53am
lovely IF-Dazzler
lovely
lovely

Posted: 28 October 2004 at 8:33am | IP Logged

ides he did try to choose a card himself did not ask anyone to do it on his behalf. that matters. He stuck with the friendship section becoz he wants Jassi to be his friend. If he was trying to fool her he could have gone to other section even romance for that matter if he had a motive behind it. But he did not.

only thing is that he is clueless as to what to buy as he has never done this before in his life.

and it was his own idea to buy a card for jassi. purab did not tell him to buy a card for her. He ended up meeting Purab at the shop was a coincidence which made his job easier as he knows relying on Purab's choice is fool proof.

give him a break.

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 28 October 2004 at 8:35am | IP Logged

So when I'm copying a poem to write to my husband to convey my love to him,it's not important because it didn't originate from my 'insides'........Cry   

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 28 October 2004 at 8:44am | IP Logged

Minnie, your case is different. You personally select the poem you wish to copy to convey your love for your husband. It is not someone else's choice to use that particular poem.

Armaan did not even read the card. He simply chose it because Purab did. Why?

a) because he has no originality and cannot go with what HE feels for Jassi (if anything at all)...instead he has to rely on Purab's Judgement. (Classic case of Cyrano)

b) because he really does not know Jassi that well

c) because he's up to no good

Take your pick.

lovely IF-Dazzler
lovely
lovely

Posted: 28 October 2004 at 9:24am | IP Logged

mysticamagic i will pick ur second option. Yes Armaan does not know Jassi on a personal level and that's why he relied on Purab's choice.

and abt lacking originality I totally disagree with you. Tmrw if I like a guy and want to know him better by being his friend first but I don't know how to approach him and take my friend's advice so it means I lack originality??? give me a break.

in this case its a little different I agree. He wants jassi to be his friend but does not know what and how to say so what's wrong if he relies on Purab's choice. I don't understand.

Purab is upto some good by behaving like a driver to Jassi..gr8LOL

i didn't know that

radha_18 Senior Member
radha_18
radha_18

Posted: 28 October 2004 at 9:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lovely

a driver to Jassi..gr8LOL

i didn't know that

LOL LOL LOL 

LOL LOL LOL

Go to top