India-Forums

Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai
Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai

Manish makes Kripa a rockstar

Nankri IF-Rockerz
Nankri
Nankri

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 1:48am | IP Logged

Now, it's Bollywood designer Manish Malhotra doing the makeover for a television character. Kripa (Neha Bamb) of the Sony daily Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai is all set to shed her small-town, girl-next-door image into that of a budding singer.

"Kripa is not going be radically different as other makeovers have done. I'm making her stylish in keeping with her pop icon status which she will soon have in the show," says Malhotra, who is clear that he is doing this makeover for television  "because it is a Balaji show and Ekta Kapoor is a dear friend. Otherwise, I would only do such stuff for TV if it is something really significant," he says.

Kripa will appear in a rock concert in the May 2 episode. This one-hour special will have her performing together with Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai's Angad (Mohammed Iqbal Khan). Indian Idol finalist Amit Sana also features in this special episode. He will belt out his favourite number, the Kisna title track.

"Kripa is young so I am giving her a peppy look. It's somewhat of a cross between Cher and Madonna. Her hair is straight so there will be lots of volume added to make it full-bodied with curls at the base. Natasha at Aalim's is giving her the new haircut. Pallavi is doing her nails, while her outfit, which has been created overnight, has the nude skin colour look with lots of silver and metallic work."

Malhotra also points out that suddenly everyone is talking about makeovers and transformations. "That's because the television industry has awoken to it. Makeovers have been happening for years in films. Urmila Matondkar in Rangeela, Karisma Kapoor in Raja Hindustani, Rani Mukerji in Chalte Chalte."

Incidentally, Malhotra will also feature in the episode. "I have just arrived from Goa and I'm in my working clothes with a stubble and without any makeup," he says during the shoot at Aalim's yesterday. Malhotra is also seen on the small screen as anchor of the Manish Malhotra Show on Zoom.

Kaisa Ye Pyar Hai, which went on air last month, is about rock star Angad and small-town girl Kripa. She who comes to Mumbai to pursue her musical aspirations and to meet her Angad, who she is in love with.

They've all had makeovers…

* Jassi (Mona Singh) of Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin (Sony)
* Nikki (Shweta Aggarwal) of Dekho Magar Pyar Se (Star Plus)
* Pooja (Shama Sikander) of Ye Meri Life Hai (Sony)
* Kareena (Kulraj Kaur) of Kareena Kareena (Zee)

Kripa's new look

Out: Her long, straight hair
In: Full-bodied hair with curls at the base

Out: Her short nails
In: A new set of manicured, painted talons

Out: Her salwar kurtas
In: Manish Malhotra creations

chillyflakes Senior Member
chillyflakes
chillyflakes

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 2:08am | IP Logged

Hey Barbie,

Thanks for the info, pal!

Gosh, the makeover thing is for real now! I wonder how our damesel in distress will look, in Western Clothes and all!!! I was kinda liking her current styling!

But the good news is that we get to see KYPH for 2 good hrs on Monday (2nd May) and watch Angad & Kripa rocking awayBig smile

If the episode is as good as it sounds to be, I will make sure the Update too lives up to the hype!

Cheers,

Chilly

PS : What about an Angad transformation? Give him a clean -shaven, regular, boy-next door look, preferably in a pair of blue jeans and a white shirt? Naaah, Angad will look like Prithvi's prototype then!

sa*ra Senior Member
sa*ra
sa*ra

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 2:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by barbie

Kripa's new look

Out: Her long, straight hair
In: Full-bodied hair with curls at the base

Out: Her short nails
In: A new set of manicured, painted talons

Out: Her salwar kurtas
In: Manish Malhotra creations

Shocked we r 2 lose our 'simple n adorable kripa'! ...how can the make-over not b 2 dramatic ...if she's getting her hair, nails n outfits changed?!

...not 2 dramatic wud b the change in hair n nails ...making her look a lil more like her new persona (i.e singer) but her shalwar kameezes r her identity ...that is 'kripa' ....any extreme changes like western outfits will totali ruin her charachter ...cos its the indian beauty reflected in her thru her clothes n personality that makes her all the more adorable ...n if u take away that wot do u get? ..another tanya?! Confused

...i'm just hoping that the Manish Malhotra creations r real 2 the charachter ..something kripa wud agree 2 ...after all she is quite headstrong ...n not 1 2 b pushed around easily ...so she cudn't b willing 2 such an extreme change in any event ...

..may b trouser suits (i.e eastern-western fusion) mite be the limits/acceptable?

§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG Goldie
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG
§IMP£¥ §TÙÑNÏÑG

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 2:24am | IP Logged

wow....thats nice..thanks for sharing dear

i'm waiting hard for that special episode....imagining how kripa would look in her new look ..... Smile

TheBlackJaguar IF-Stunnerz
TheBlackJaguar
TheBlackJaguar

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 2:33am | IP Logged
Hmmm... thanks for the article Barbie..............but have you ever thought of ANGAD'S REACTION ON HIS BELOVED BETE NOIRE'S make-over????????Wink

DOMINUS VOBISCUM SPIRITUO TUO.

Take care,
GOD BLESS EVERYONE,
nitica.
chillyflakes Senior Member
chillyflakes
chillyflakes

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 2:50am | IP Logged

Tee Hee Hee, Nitica!LOL Yeah, Angad will be like, all eyes popped out and stuff, he will be pretty sarcastic towards her, try to make fun, but going all, wow, she looks so pretty in heart!

Our sweet little Angy baby!

Cheers,

Chilly

TheBlackJaguar IF-Stunnerz
TheBlackJaguar
TheBlackJaguar

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 2:55am | IP Logged
Angy baby? Wow, I love that Chilly!
jingle IF-Rockerz
jingle
jingle

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 3:23am | IP Logged