Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

India-Forums

Right or wrong ?

Poll Question: Do you agree with the link ??

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [60.00%]
12 [34.29%]
2 [5.71%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

smita24 Goldie
smita24
smita24

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 12:51am | IP Logged

-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 1:04am | IP Logged
sorry all jassi fans . but she is pretty and all but looks a bit like manno bhabhi . LOL LOL LOL
purva IF-Sizzlerz
purva
purva

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 8:13am | IP Logged
i am not sure if you are talking about the article or the link. B'coz in the link most people have disagreed with the article. But my openion goes with the article posted. So i am voting yes.

I think it is a part of the hype created about makeover, that they are asking different people 'how do you feel about Jassi's makeover?' And i think people have given honest answers. If you take praises with a smile, you should be able to take criticism as well. That way you can improve yourself. Maybe people responsible for the makeover will take these comments seriously; give her different look and she will start looking good. or maybe T & D will read the article and think of bringing back old Jassi.

It is just my openion. No offence ment to Jessica fans. (Even i am a Jassi fan but not jessica fan)

peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 8:46am | IP Logged

Originally posted by purva

i am not sure if you are talking about the article or the link. B'coz in the link most people have disagreed with the article. But my openion goes with the article posted. So i am voting yes.

I think it is a part of the hype created about makeover, that they are asking different people 'how do you feel about Jassi's makeover?' And i think people have given honest answers. If you take praises with a smile, you should be able to take criticism as well. That way you can improve yourself. Maybe people responsible for the makeover will take these comments seriously; give her different look and she will start looking good. or maybe T & D will read the article and think of bringing back old Jassi.

It is just my openion. No offence ment to Jessica fans. (Even i am a Jassi fan but not jessica fan)

I don't agree, since most people talk like as if they're perfect.  No one is perfect, and I don't believe anyone has the right to tell anyone "they don't look good", that is straight up senseless. 

Unless someone has granted you (the person judging) the "most beautiful person there ever was, then they have a right to judge someone.

I think the article is just to put people behind T&D and to certain extent even Mona Singh down because they are not on top.  This is a reflection on their own insecurities.  It's all about attention.

Just my thoughts........

pj04 Goldie
pj04
pj04

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 9:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by peaches

I don't agree, since most people talk like as if they're perfect.  No one is perfect, and I don't believe anyone has the right to tell anyone "they don't look good", that is straight up senseless. 

Unless someone has granted you (the person judging) the "most beautiful person there ever was, then they have a right to judge someone.

I think the article is just to put people behind T&D and to certain extent even Mona Singh down because they are not on top.  This is a reflection on their own insecurities.  It's all about attention.

Just my thoughts........

actually both purva and peaches are right in thier own way.here are my two cents on it.

1)mona singh does not have the conventional beauty of a model(her face is longer and body slighly more plumper). while there is nothing wrong with it but she fails becoz people are comparing her to conventional idea of beauty.also since the story projects her as a model, she is compared to them.

2)marketing and hype are two edged sword, it can make you and it can break you. there was so much hype about the makeover and personally i expected to see a more gradual change and something that brought her best features forward still emphasizing on the sweet person behind that face.what happened was quite opposite....the change was overnight and dramatic, her personality was lost in the makeover and she looked like a clone of wannabe "it" girl.people tripping over each other, purab salivating did not exactly help the cause.suddenly the person masses identified with turned into a stranger. to add to masses discomfort was the fact that even mona aka jassi seemed very uncomfortable in first few episodes dealing with makeover.a girl who never wore anything other than full sleeves started wearing bikini top like blouses. directors should have given viewers more time to adapt to the change.

3)there is a very thin line between trendy style and drab outrageous clothing . jassi's wardrobe walks that very thin line. i can almost never decide if she looks trendy or plain gauche. some of her dresses really suited her like the white churindaar(during the meditation scene), some of her tops but her saris are outrageous(maybe i am not so aware on the current indian fashion). also all the colors used are very bright and garish , whatever happened to cool pastels.

4)this has nothing to do with the show but it says something about mona singh. her comparing at femina miss india was lamentable(she has done a lot better last time in jassi garbs). she tried to fake an accent (samir is often criticised even for his genuine one), she looked so made up , it was like a shock(has the girl not heard that sometimes even less is more) and she seemed hell bent on proving something(what i don't know).since the show was telecasted at the sometime as the makeover episodes.....masses transferred her discomfort to jassi, and hated the makeover even more.

while jassi does not look bad, she looks pretty but a little less of it would have looked better. while she does not look horsy(unless that is what they call unconventional looks these days), she does look uncomfortable and unable to carry the new personality as well.  

peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 9:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by pj04

Originally posted by peaches

Just my thoughts........

actually both purva and peaches are right in thier own way.here are my two cents on it.

1)mona singh does not have the conventional beauty of a model(her face is longer and body slighly more plumper). while there is nothing wrong with it but she fails becoz people are comparing her to conventional idea of beauty.also since the story projects her as a model, she is compared to them.

2)marketing and hype are two edged sword, it can make you and it can break you. there was so much hype about the makeover and personally i expected to see a more gradual change and something that brought her best features forward still emphasizing on the sweet person behind that face.what happened was quite opposite....the change was overnight and dramatic, her personality was lost in the makeover and she looked like a clone of wannabe "it" girl.people tripping over each other, purab salivating did not exactly help the cause.suddenly the person masses identified with turned into a stranger. to add to masses discomfort was the fact that even mona aka jassi seemed very uncomfortable in first few episodes dealing with makeover.a girl who never wore anything other than full sleeves started wearing bikini top like blouses. directors should have given viewers more time to adapt to the change.

3)there is a very thin line between trendy style and drab outrageous clothing . jassi's wardrobe walks that very thin line. i can almost never decide if she looks trendy or plain gauche. some of her dresses really suited her like the white churindaar(during the meditation scene), some of her tops but her saris are outrageous(maybe i am not so aware on the current indian fashion). also all the colors used are very bright and garish , whatever happened to cool pastels.

4)this has nothing to do with the show but it says something about mona singh. her comparing at femina miss india was lamentable(she has done a lot better last time in jassi garbs). she tried to fake an accent (samir is often criticised even for his genuine one), she looked so made up , it was like a shock(has the girl not heard that sometimes even less is more) and she seemed hell bent on proving something(what i don't know).since the show was telecasted at the sometime as the makeover episodes.....masses transferred her discomfort to jassi, and hated the makeover even more.

while jassi does not look bad, she looks pretty but a little less of it would have looked better. while she does not look horsy(unless that is what they call unconventional looks these days), she does look uncomfortable and unable to carry the new personality as well.  

Pj04....as always you brought some very good points.

As far as the character goes and how she's (Jessica) made to look, that's one thing.  But to out right tell someone that their face looks like a horse and their voice is manly.....I mean that's just out right cold and reflects on their own personality.

What is the difference between those comments and calling Jassi ugly.

The whole idea of this show is not to judge, or bring to surface their "imprefections" ( I use quotes, because I don't mean it litterally) no matter what.

Thanks

purva IF-Sizzlerz
purva
purva

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 11:10am | IP Logged
Thanks peaches and pj04 for your feedback.

pj04...you wrote my views exactly to the point. I was thinking all that in my mind but am not able to explain it in writing.

Peaches, i respect your openion and personally, i will not tell anybody on their face that they look like a horse. But when you are in show business, you have to face such criticism. I remember someone calling Amrita Singh and Priya Rajvansh having horse like face in one of the film magazines. I think critics are there for that only. And from a person like Shobha De you can not expect less.

I have never called Jassi, Jessica or Mona or for that matter anybody ugly in any of my posts. I found Jassi very cute and so much real. I don't know Mona in person but reading her interviews i felt that she is a very warm and genuine person in real life. I find her good-looking in most of her modelling photos (other than JJKN). But as Jessica she does not look beautiful as they claim her to be. This is my openion.

I am not the most beautiful girl on this earth but still i am making this comment. B'coz if you agree to what peaches says then nobody has any right to comment on anybody....not Tony, Diva and not even Ekta. Because all these people must be having some good qualities in them which we might not be having. People can not say Sachin or Saurav played bad b'coz they are definitely better players than any of us. So peaches i don't agree with you on this point.

Thats all i have to say. Again no offence ment to anyone.

ps : peaches i really enjoy reading your posts even if sometimes i don't agree with them.
peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Posted: 26 April 2005 at 11:48am | IP Logged

Thanks peaches and pj04 for your feedback.

pj04...you wrote my views exactly to the point. I was thinking all that in my mind but am not able to explain it in writing.

Peaches, i respect your openion and personally, i will not tell anybody on their face that they look like a horse. But when you are in show business, you have to face such criticism. I remember someone calling Amrita Singh and Priya Rajvansh having horse like face in one of the film magazines. I think critics are there for that only. And from a person like Shobha De you can not expect less.

I have never called Jassi, Jessica or Mona or for that matter anybody ugly in any of my posts. I found Jassi very cute and so much real. I don't know Mona in person but reading her interviews i felt that she is a very warm and genuine person in real life. I find her good-looking in most of her modelling photos (other than JJKN). But as Jessica she does not look beautiful as they claim her to be. This is my openion.

I am not the most beautiful girl on this earth but still i am making this comment. B'coz if you agree to what peaches says then nobody has any right to comment on anybody....not Tony, Diva and not even Ekta. Because all these people must be having some good qualities in them which we might not be having. People can not say Sachin or Saurav played bad b'coz they are definitely better players than any of us. So peaches i don't agree with you on this point.

Thats all i have to say. Again no offence ment to anyone.

ps : peaches i really enjoy reading your posts even if sometimes i don't agree with them.

Purvey, that's very sweet thank you very much!!! Smile   I respect your views as well and what you said makes a lot of sense.

The only thing i want to just add is the following.  You mentioned …….

"I remember someone calling Amrita Singh and Priya Rajvansh having horse like face in one of the film magazines. I think critics are there for that only. And from a person like Shobha De you can not expect less."

Just because that's what critics do, that doesn't mean that it makes it right.  No one should have accepted it.  I for one can't tolerate it.  Yes you are 100% right in saying that people in the film industry have to face criticism, but it should be constructive criticism not a stupid comment like that.  What good is that going to do?  It only offends and hurts.

What would Mona have gained from such criticism?  What is she suppose to do change her face because it looks like a horse?

In my opinion, criticism is valued one from someone who is taking from experience (someone who is perfect or close to it) and two if it is a positive contribution, something that will help better the person in whatever they're doing.  In that respect, Shobha De's article does nothing.

I understand that yes Jessica the character doesn't not do full justice to her role in portraying to be a glamorous model and I understand and respect all the comments on that subject matter.

Yes, I understand all your other points Purva, and they make sense.  In case like beauty and looks people will always compare one another and that's just their opinion, because everyone has their own definition of beauty.

Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone too.

I really enjoyed your posts and welcome your thoughts!!!!SmileSmile

Peaches

Go to top