Really confused viewers - Page 3

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by zeezee55

I have not seen much of the show but from the little i saw my take is this.

Vikram seems to be someone that Sugni trusts.  One episode (the shawl thrown by Vikram which falls on Sugni) gave the appearance tht Sugni may develop feelings of love.  Vikram appears to challenge Sugni - to stay true to her dreams - to get out of the bedni trap. 

Personally i would not like to see a love story between Vikram and Sugni because he appears to be much older to her.  He has a fatherly look and it would not be appropriate for them to be married,  Although i acccept that it may be interesting to see a story with an older man and a young girl (but not appealing to me). 

Word! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I also believe that he is much older than her, he seems to be near his forties while S_ugni is 18. and becuae if that age gap Vik.sugni are quite boring, there is no passion, no intensity that ususlly is found in young couples... something tath sugni needs. The have only strong scene presence beacuse they are good actors. End of the story!

I don't think Aditya lacks character.  I think Aditya's character carry a lot of old baggage - especailly of hatred for a woman who he sees as taking his father away from his mother - hatred for the whole clan of Bednis because of their way of living.  Because of this baggage of hatred - he is not able to live a happy life.  I think he needs to be weaned out of that hatred - for that hatred to be changed to understanding.  To do that i think Sugni can play a pivotal role.  to show him why the bednis are that way, the helpless situation of society forced into that position, show him how bednis also have their dreams, show how badly treated they are even by the thakurs that bed them - show that bednis have feelings, have pride, have dreams.  Then perhaps both Aditya and Sugni with the support of Vikram as the fatherly figure giving them moral support and the support of an elder - to change the live of the bednis - to change the live of Sugni - to give them their dreams and return their pride to them. - perhaps it is not possible in real life but perhaps it is possible in screen life.

again, I cannot agree more with you, I feel that some mebers of PSH forum is judging Adi very fast, let the guy have a chance, I will wiat and watch as I find Adi-Sugni much more interetsing, there is this passion, glow and glipmse of hope that I want to see developed.

I think Aditya and Sugni would make a great couple - fiery but great.  Vikram is too dull.  You note how he just watches - but does not say anything to sway the situation. He goes along with society even though he does not approve of the custum but be nevertheless let things be.  While Aditya, i can see passion there - passion to hate and i am sure passion to love .  If Aditya decides to take up the cause of the Bednis - i think he would go for it with passion and fight for their rights - i don't see that in Vikram.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘One more round aplause for you for this!

Compeletley agree, Vik is the kidn of character who know that something is wrong, but he is not strong enough to change anything. He lacks that passion and intesity for change. He is a man who understands that pain of bedia tribe but he also understands that Takurs have their needs as it seems. Adi has taht passion taht Vik lacks Adi will bring a change whilevik only thinks of that change!   

My opinion is in red!
I think my problem right now with Aditya's character is that the story and the acting seem to be different. The storyline seems to be that Aditya has an irrational hatred of Bedinis because of his mum's suffering, and seeing Sugni just lights up those memories. Quite understandable, if unfair to Sugni. But Aditya's acting seems to make him more of a spoilt city brat, than a man traumatized by his past. When he was thinking of his father and then screaming at Sugni, he had a very flat dialogue delivery and a single expression on his face. That was a scene when he should really come into his own, it was ALL about him, he should have been the driving force. Didn't happen for me. The actor playing Aditya needs to do better, since in that same scene, Vikram and Sugni, without any major dialogues, expressed so much that in the end it remained their scene, their single eye-lock stayed with me longer than Aditya's ranting.

The storyline seems to be that Vikram is negative and Aditya is the hero. If that is the case, Aditya really, really needs to act much better than he has so far.

zeezee & cyrine...i love ur thoughts and agree with you fully!!!

was a pleasure reading what u guys had to say!!
:D
Originally posted by atria

I think my problem right now with Aditya's character is that the story and the acting seem to be different. The storyline seems to be that Aditya has an irrational hatred of Bedinis because of his mum's suffering, and seeing Sugni just lights up those memories. Quite understandable, if unfair to Sugni. But Aditya's acting seems to make him more of a spoilt city brat, than a man traumatized by his past. When he was thinking of his father and then screaming at Sugni, he had a very flat dialogue delivery and a single expression on his face. That was a scene when he should really come into his own, it was ALL about him, he should have been the driving force. Didn't happen for me. The actor playing Aditya needs to do better, since in that same scene, Vikram and Sugni, without any major dialogues, expressed so much that in the end it remained their scene, their single eye-lock stayed with me longer than Aditya's ranting.

The storyline seems to be that Vikram is negative and Aditya is the hero. If that is the case, Aditya really, really needs to act much better than he has so far.

BINGOπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘...If this guy is the hero, that's bad news for this show cuz Vikram, Sugni STEAL a scene from him when they don't even have any dialoguesπŸ˜†...he got literally BLANKET footage in the past two epis and this was like his chance to show what he can do...and sadly his character just comes across as a PETULANT brat...nothing else...that whole deep seething emotional turmoil within his character that is supposed to come out is just not...

Frankly if this guy couldn't execute these early CRUCIAL scenes well which are supposedly establishing his character  background and all, toh aage jaake kya hoga when he will supposedly have to show even more emotional complexity??

LOL and the time argument doesn't really hold cuz Vikram-Sugni had an INSTANT spark...how do ppl explain that then? Honestly a spark is there or it's not...it isn't DEVELOPED with time.