Views

Users

Frequent Posters

showstruck thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: bidz

Rima, 
I think they deliberately put a comic angle to the suicide angle today. As we all know that they could have delivered a perfectly emotional episode (as we saw on tuesday), however, that would have made us all sympathize with Khushi. I don't think they want any of the viewers to sympathize with someone who is contemplating suicide. Look at it this way. Had they kept it all serious, we would have all cried buckets of tears and said "poor girl, look what the circumstances have led her to do. She is broken down to such an extent that she is on the verge of taking her life". So, our reaction in a way would have condoned her for her suicide thought process. I don't think they want to show this on national television.  They cannot even hint that suicide is okay to contemplate under any circumstances. The story required her to attempt suicide, so they have tried to make it comical to reduce the impact, make it look funny, so that the actual blow isn't felt. I think this is why they portrayed the episode as they did.

bidz has a good point
cocoatree thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
well u had pointed out khushi's most beautiful and worst burden in her life...u have bring out the things in another way even i was angry to see khushi's behaviour is so stupid but after reading ur post just i got relieved or not but something causes in my mind..this poor girl suffered a lot in her life..my heart aches for her off course.. i just forget her silly antics...now i love her..thanks for this beautiful post..
rima thumbnail
\
Rima, 
I think they deliberately put a comic angle to the suicide angle today. As we all know that they could have delivered a perfectly emotional episode (as we saw on tuesday), however, that would have made us all sympathize with Khushi. I don't think they want any of the viewers to sympathize with someone who is contemplating suicide. Look at it this way. Had they kept it all serious, we would have all cried buckets of tears and said "poor girl, look what the circumstances have led her to do. She is broken down to such an extent that she is on the verge of taking her life". So, our reaction in a way would have condoned her for her suicide thought process. I don't think they want to show this on national television.  They cannot even hint that suicide is okay to contemplate under any circumstances. The story required her to attempt suicide, so they have tried to make it comical to reduce the impact, make it look funny, so that the actual blow isn't felt. I think this is why they portrayed the episode as they did.
[/QUOTE]
well i liked ur explanation and i agree.

but i feel there wud and cud be other ways instead of brining death itself. even if she had accused arnav of adultery he wud have told her in anger. I write a FF and I am a professional writer, the story and characters are often at the mercy of the author and no one else. they are goofing up with khushi big time
Edited by rima - 11 years ago
..SSNAIR.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
BRAVO! BRAVO! BRAVO!

Superb post... 👏

Excellently written... really loved it... 
polly_mk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: bidz

Rima, 

@bidz.. I think you nailed it. This should be made a sticky post on this forum for the weekend.

After watching the epi for the second time, I have realized that I have enough trust in the CVs of IPKKND to know that they will not do anything without a reason. They made it comical so as to not give the wrong message to young viewers. They made it seem so crazy that no one will want to follow in Khushi's footsteps. I think they did a good job with that part!! No one will be inspired to follow Khushi after the WAY they showed it.
polly_mk thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: rima

\
Rima, 

but i feel there wud and cud be other ways instead of brining death itself. even if she had accused arnav of adultery he wud have told her in anger. I write a FF and I am a professional writer, the story and characters are often at the mercy of the author and no one else. they are goofing up with khushi big time
[/QUOTE]
Rima, I think the point is that NOTHING else would have forced Arnav to blurt out the truth. We saw how stubbornly he refused to tell the truth even after their intense fights (eg. after heer-ranjha act). The CVs chose this way to give a shock to Arnav and make him realize how his actions have affected Khushi. And his biggest fear is losing a loved one to death. Khushi's actions are justified, but they CHOSE not to show the dark and serious side of committing suicide. I think this was done on purpose and CVs knew exactly what they were doing. Now why they chose this route... we don't know what went on during the script writing and getting it passed by the channel.
rima thumbnail
Originally posted by: polly2312

Rima, I think the point is that NOTHING else would have forced Arnav to blurt out the truth. We saw how stubbornly he refused to tell the truth even after their intense fights (eg. after heer-ranjha act). The CVs chose this way to give a shock to Arnav and make him realize how his actions have affected Khushi. And his biggest fear is losing a loved one to death. Khushi's actions are justified, but they CHOSE not to show the dark and serious side of committing suicide. I think this was done on purpose and CVs knew exactly what they were doing. Now why they chose this route... we don't know what went on during the script writing and getting it passed by the channel.
possibly so. but my heart is not in the mockery of khushi or sucide both of which i take seriously
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Angel13

Hats off to you for making this post. I was laughing throughout the episode but actually cried thinking how naive and scared she looked...Of course she had to be scared as she is so cluless about her marriage..and why wouldn't she think of Arnav killing her...he has always hurt her physically whether be it grabbing her hand tightly or drop her down on the box from second floor of his cabin...howw does thinking of him killing her is low thinking...I really hope people out here can understand..so what is she is just character..but she is a women and a women can't understand a pain of other women then who can? If they can go and defend ASR...they also should try to put them into her shoe and feel her pain.

thanks!! exactly it was funny and at the same time unbelievably sad!! cz behind the top funny layer it was the sad reality of her young life..
and truly the guy had often hurt her physically when there was no reason for it..so this time she thinks there is a use to him if she is dead..so his path is clear to marry lavanya..
so she is suffering though it comes out as funny to us..

ChitraF thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Exactly.. very well written post.. Loved it to the core.. thank you..
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: princessunara

i mean don't u feel sad for her?
1) the girl who couldn't stay a moment in hunger is actually staying hungry and skipping meals so she won't consume poison by mistake (not having dinner properly, not drinking the tea, milk)
2) the girl who would sniff a jalebi a mile away and run to consume it, the girl who stole laddoos under her buaji's nose from the prasad, who always ate her jiji's share of sweets wjenever she could manage it, is not touching the jalebis she herself prepared and is right in front of her nose!
3) the easy, carefree sleeper who always slept peacefully is not able to sleep peacefully..she gets nightmares, she apparently stayed up the whole night!! (look at the scene int he morning where she lies with her eyes big and not blinking!!)
4) the happy carefree girl with a smile is looking over her shoulder every second if death is approaching!
5) she imagines how her loved ones will cry and remember her..she cries while imaging this!! she seriously is sad here!! she is sad for their sadness and her supposed impending fate!!

Great post. I do feel sorry for Khushi as this is all very real to her and I get where the CVs are going with this, I just wish they had taken it more seriously and dropped the comical music! It is not comedy for Khushi it is real, she is scared to death and has her reasons to be.