Debate Mansion

Woman Raising vs Man raising

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Neelu.RoX

IF-Rockerz

Neelu.RoX

Posted: 01 June 2006 at 5:33pm | IP Logged

What do you think is easier, being a woman and rasing a child alone OR being a man and raisng a child alone? I know raising a child is no easy job, but both men and woman get looked at in differently by socitey.

If a man is raising a child alone, people feel bad for the man. Because people often think his wife probley left him with the child alone. They assume the woman doesnt want the child. And they all see wrong in the woman who left the man and child. People usually dont really see the faults in man. Even though it might of been his fault. Socitey trys to help the man out because they have pity on him raising a child alone.

BUT

When a woman raises a child alone, its the total oppisite. No body has pity on her because socitey thinks she probley had a One night stand with  a random guy. And they dont think twice about degrading her. They treat the woman like trash and dont respect her. People only find fault in the woman. No one even cares to know why she is raising a child alone. They alll just assume.

Even though it is no different being a man raising a child alone OR a woman raising a child alone in today's world, they get treated differently.  You might think genderism doesnt exist  in todays moderen world, but it is among us right now! Even though you dont know it!

These are my opinons and gernralizationsSmile

Why is it different? Is this another case of genderism?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Woman Raising vs Man raising" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Dazlingflower

Dazlingflower

Posted: 01 June 2006 at 6:49pm | IP Logged
I somewhat agree with you Neelu. Even though not all single moms are looked down upon, they are still discriminated against. We all know that in America, single moms take the top rank in poverty list. On top of that, many times it's hard for them to settle again with a decent man. I didn't think American women go through it too, but the fact is that many do have tough time. Anytime you turn the radio on, there are these shows on, talking about how dating a single mom is a disaster. Their claim is ," why won't single men date single women, why go for a mommy who is been used up?" Or they will say," Men, do you really want to deal with diapers and taking trips to Disneyland, when you can have fun time with single mom in Los Vegas?"
There are exception...no doubt, but we do have inequality when it comes to men and women. A single father is glorified ," look at him, he didn't leave the child, he stood by him and he is raising him or her now." Women get attracted to single fathers for some reason. I haven't, but I have heard enough of that..

Post Reply New Post

Go to top